Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

During the Monstrous Summer media event taking place in Florida today, Walt Disney World announced that a new daytime parade will debut at Magic Kingdom next year. There are very few details, but here is the press release and a few concept images of three of the new floats:

A new daytime parade, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade, will march into Magic Kingdom in spring 2014. The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will bring the magical stories of New Fantasyland to Main Street, U.S.A., through fantastic and innovative new parade floats, vibrant costumes, and an original soundtrack that will feature beloved songs from favorite Disney films, plus a new parade theme song.

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did they say anything about SpectroMagic coming back?

Cathy

Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Ooh that's done it I'm booking for 2014!

Drince. You sound like a guy I know. He is desperate for Spectromagic to return!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries

Desperate is a little strong for me, but I do enjoy it and Painter Pig/his effect in particular. - but partly because so many DL people really want Electric parade back, and they won't get it until Spetro comes back at WDW (though they may still not - but there's no way until Spectro is back)

Cathy

I'm with you Drince88 100%, but I think the chances are now slim to none. Spectro was left out in the elements to rot for the past 2 years and when an "expert" was sent out to ascertain the cost to rehab the floats, my understanding is that WDW said, "forget it". Typical pre-planned attraction extinction all too common for Disney.

As for the MSEP, WDW needs a nighttime parade right now so they'll probably hang on to it longer. I would expect DLR to announce a new nighttime parade in time for the 60th anniversary but, as you've said, I really want the current one back home in California. We can only hope.

As to the new day parade, those float designs look sufficiently different from the current parade to even remotely possibly suggest that the finale castle float will be reused again. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spectromen View Post
    I'm with you Drince88 100%, but I think the chances are now slim to none. Spectro was left out in the elements to rot for the past 2 years and when an "expert" was sent out to ascertain the cost to rehab the floats, my understanding is that WDW said, "forget it". Typical pre-planned attraction extinction all too common for Disney.

As for the MSEP, WDW needs a nighttime parade right now so they'll probably hang on to it longer. I would expect DLR to announce a new nighttime parade in time for the 60th anniversary but, as you've said, I really want the current one back home in California. We can only hope.

As to the new day parade, those float designs look sufficiently different from the current parade to even remotely possibly suggest that the finale castle float will be reused again. LOL
    I read the same thing. Bascially, "Return of SpectroMagic is impossible, and the parade floats are badly decomposed and must be destroyed."
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post
    I read the same thing. Bascially, "Return of SpectroMagic is impossible, and the parade floats are badly decomposed and must be destroyed."
    Where did you read this, if you recall?
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Where did you read this, if you recall?
    micechat.com

Here is the direct link.

http://micechat.com/27778-fort-langh...magic-kingdom/
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris