Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: May the Fourth Be With You - Limited Time Magic Star Wars event

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

May the Fourth Be With You - Limited Time Magic Star Wars event

After Disneyland embraced the fan-created Dapper Day earlier this year, Walt Disney World is taking a fan-created "holiday" from the Star Wars universe and celebrating May the Fourth Be With You at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Saturday, May 4th. Here's the announcement from the Disney Parks blog.

Separate from our month-long Star Wars Weekends special event (which begins May 17), this “Limited Time Magic” celebration features special Star Wars entertainment, characters, commemorative merchandise, a Star Wars dance party and a Star Wars-themed fireworks show to cap off the day.

You might even find yourself sitting next to Chewbacca aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. Star Wars characters will make surprise appearances on the 3-D attraction to enjoy the wild journey through space alongside park guests.

A special edition of Jedi Training Academy also is planned that day, with parents invited to join their children (ages 4-12, sign-ups required on first-come basis) on-stage for the training and final showdown with the Empire.

When the sun goes down, galactic fun lights the night as Lobot (from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back) takes over as DJ for a dance party that will be highlighted by a special Star Wars fireworks show.

“May the Fourth Be With You” “Limited Time Magic” park activities and shows are included in regular admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
    Last edited by AVP; 04-26-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

The fireworks show sounds like it might be the one they did in 2010 in connection with the "Last Tour to Endor" special event in conjunction with Celebration V. That was amazing. I'll have to look up my souvenirs to see what the name of that fireworks show was called.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I told my husband that "if only" we didn't have a friend visiting us that weekend, I would so want to fly out to WDW to see those fireworks.

He mentioned other things like job responsibilities, costs, etc. but I'm sticking with my version.

I hope we can "One Disney" some of the Star Wars events to this Coast. I would love to do Jedi Training with my kids.