Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Did we lose the Points Calculator?

Did we lose the Points Calculator?

I cant seem to locate the interactive points calculator anymore on the DVC site. Am I totally blind or is it gone?

I used to plan tentative trips and compare the points to each resort or I would compare the points with different views at Aulani. It was very helpful.

Help. please.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the calculator is gone but you can use the tool to book your trip online and it will do a similar calculation for you.
    It shows for your selected resort and other alternative options as well. (Much like seeking out a non-DVC resort with cash.)

Of course, the points charts are there online as an option. You can print them out if needed.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Why don't you use the one on David's Vacation Rental site?

I could do that.
    I have plenty of resources for the actual calculator (aps on the Iphone, etc...) but I liked using the one on the DVC site because it saved them and then you could print them out to compare resorts. No biggie, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it since they re vamped the DVC site.
    But as GusMan mentioned too, he thinks its gone also.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But to be honest, I do like the idea that I can put in a date range, room type and my first preference of resort, and in essence, see the different choices I have right in front of me and then click to book. I can see us printing out the choices, talking about it, then coming back to do the booking. It looks rather slick.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    But to be honest, I do like the idea that I can put in a date range, room type and my first preference of resort, and in essence, see the different choices I have right in front of me and then click to book. I can see us printing out the choices, talking about it, then coming back to do the booking. It looks rather slick.
    Exactly!
    I wonder why it went away.

I like looking over them together with hubby saying (for example) We can stay at these two resorts for 4 nights for the same amount of points but if we want this view or that view it will be this many points at this one or that many points at that one. Or for x amount of points we can stay at this resort.....