Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated June 7]

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    So in the past two days, all 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon events have mysteriously sold out (the challenge and half on Wednesday and the 5k and 10k today). Just seems really odd to have them close like that but without the counter, we have nothing to go by but what is available or not.
    Scaling back. Can't hire enough volunteer replacements? Just reduce your guest volume. It's a silly premise but these days who knows.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Scaling back. Can't hire enough volunteer replacements? Just reduce your guest volume. It's a silly premise but these days who knows.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    It may be part of it. Also having a lower capacity would get people off city streets sooner - Dland Half was always the largest of the West Coast runDisney races; at it's peak in 2014 there was close to 16k finishers. 2016 dropped to just over 13k.

We'll just have to sit back and watch how it all unfolds.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's maddening at times to see so many tweets and social media notes about Wine and Dine and WDW Marathon and Princess 2018 but nothing for DLR in 2018. There have been a couple of social ads and notes about Avengers and minimal Disneyland events for 2017. Is the SoCal team really that disorganized? makes me wonder.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

At least Star Wars races at Disneyland is still on the calendar on the runDisney main page. They haven't updated to move Tink yet for 2018.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

do you by chance know capacity for the 2018 WDW marathon? I know with goofy still having some open, that could increase the number of bibs available if they break up the challenge but I have a few friends wanting to sign up and the rundisney site USED to post % capacity and now I cannot find it.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trackgam View Post
    do you by chance know capacity for the 2018 WDW marathon? I know with goofy still having some open, that could increase the number of bibs available if they break up the challenge but I have a few friends wanting to sign up and the rundisney site USED to post % capacity and now I cannot find it.
    Great question - runDisney unfortunately never officially publishes the actual max capacity for a race as it changes from year to year. Usually there seems to be an average of 19k to 20k finishers (although 2017 was down to around 17k due in part to the cold weather that morning). And also unfortunately, runDisney did away with the capacity 'clock' a couple of years ago. It is missed.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k