Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated June 7]

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkStar View Post
    So they really may have finally hit the saturation point. Or everyone's holding onto their wallets with Paris sparkles in their dreams...
    Could be although there are a lot of folks thinking Castle to Chateau Challenge medal with Princess and Paris. And lord knows the Glass Slipper Challenge is pretty darn pricey and that was the first to go.

We'll see if registration holds the same on July 14th with the Challenge selling out and the half marathon in a slower sale pattern.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Just a quick heads-up if you have been on the fence for the 2016 Star Wars Half Marathon. Capacity is currently at 99%. Expect it will be gone very soon.

Avengers is still hanging in there at 85% capacity. The WDW Marathon is at 80%.

Tinker is the next race up for registration. Early AP/DVC opens Tuesday July 28th. Open registration kicks in August 11th. And except for the Disney Paris Half Marathon, that's all we know for 2016 race registration!

RunningFool

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Princess opens next week for regular folks, doesn't it?

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Princess opens next week for regular folks, doesn't it?
    Yes ma'am. You are correct. Open registration starts Tuesday July 14th @ 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST.
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Yes ma'am. You are correct. Open registration starts Tuesday July 14th @ 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST.
    Looks like they have changed the wording from "Sold Out" to "On Hold" on the registrations when they are essentially full. The challenge and the 10K are both at "on hold" but the 5K and half are still available as of 9:53 this morning.
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Looks like they have changed the wording from "Sold Out" to "On Hold" on the registrations when they are essentially full. The challenge and the 10K are both at "on hold" but the 5K and half are still available as of 9:53 this morning.
    On hold pops on and off as Active works through the queue but a this point, the runDisney site is showing GSC and 10k are just about done. We've been tracking the #s in the Princess forum. Amazing that they have 10k more participants in the half and it's moving faster than Avengers and Star Wars!
    RunningFool

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On hold pops on and off as Active works through the queue but a this point, the runDisney site is showing GSC and 10k are just about done. We've been tracking the #s in the Princess forum. Amazing that they have 10k more participants in the half and it's moving faster than Avengers and Star Wars!
    That's really nuts because Avengers and Star Wars both have superior courses, IMO.

But, we have four events to choose from on the west coast now and WDW just has three.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And people travel to WDW in general, so traveling there for a race isn't a stretch. Most of the DL guests don't travel far for the parks, so may be that the total pool of potential runners is smaller.

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    That's really nuts because Avengers and Star Wars both have superior courses, IMO.

But, we have four events to choose from on the west coast now and WDW just has three.
    Yeah, missing the Tower of Terror 10 Miler...
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Princess Half Marathon weekend events continue to make progress.

Disney Princess 5k - 85% capacity

runDisney Kids Races - 90% capacity

All other races are SOLD OUT.

There is also still room in the Avengers Half Marathon which is currently at 84% capacity as well the WDW Marathon (80% capacity) and WDW runDisney Kids Races (76%). And interestingly enough, the Castaway Cay Challenge (which sold out quickly last year) is only at 58% capacity.

Next up for registration - 2016 Tinker Bell which opens early AP/DVC on Tuesday July 28th and starts general registration Tuesday August 11th. After that, 2016 Inaugural Disney Paris Half Marathon opens in October with travel providers (open reg happens in January). No word yet on 2016 Wine & Dine or 2016 Avengers registration dates or if Tower of Terror 10 Miler will return in 2016.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Time for a quick capacity update.

With just 16 days (!) until the 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend, the following secondary events are still open:

• Pasta Party in the Park - 84%
    • 10th Anniversary Party - 67%
    • ChEAR Squad - 55%

The 2015 Wine & Dine Finish Line Party is now at 80% capacity

The 2015 Avengers Half Marathon is at 89% capacity

The 2016 WDW Marathon is at 86% and Castaway Cay is at 60% capacity

The 2016 Princess Half Marathon breakfast is up to 50% and the retreat is at 55%

AND the 2016 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend:

• Tinker Bell Half - 55%
    • Pixie Dust Challenge - 90%
    • ChEAR Squad - 50%

Kind of nice to see events take longer than minutes to sell out but someone at runDisney must be scratching their head over the sudden shift back to what used to be normal sell-out times.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries
    AND the 2016 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend:

• Tinker Bell Half - 55%
    • Pixie Dust Challenge - 90%
    • ChEAR Squad - 50%
    I'm not really surprised. We bowed out of Tink due to it being Mother;s Day and they got rid of the Royal feast.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Updated with a few small changes, highlighted in red on the first post. WDW marathon is approaching sell out and is currently at 94%.

Blog Entries

It appears that runDisney has removed all race capacity % from the websites. I've sent a note to runDisney to see if this is a permanent change but in the interim we'll only be able to report if a race is still open for registration or not.

RunningFool

Blog Entries
    It appears that runDisney has removed all race capacity % from the websites. I've sent a note to runDisney to see if this is a permanent change but in the interim we'll only be able to report if a race is still open for registration or not.
    Response from runDisney in regards to inquiry on race capacity:

We are currently refreshing our website, and cannot yet confirm any features that will be returning. Please follow the official runDisney accounts on Facebook and Twitter for the latest announcements. You can also sign up for email reminders on rundisney.com. If you have any further questions, please visit www.rundisney.com.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

So, here's where we are as of 2/17/2016.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon - registration still available.

Dumbo Double Dare - registration still available.

Disneyland Half Marathon - registration still available.

Disney Paris Half Marathon & 5k - bibs are sold out. Travel packages may still be available thru travel providers.

Wine & Dine Half Marathon - early AP registration opens 5/8 - general registration opens 5/15 - still no sign of pricing on the web

RunningFool

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, here's where we are as of 2/17/2016.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon - registration still available.

Dumbo Double Dare - registration still available.

Disneyland Half Marathon - registration still available.

Disney Paris Half Marathon & 5k - bibs are sold out. Travel packages may still be available thru travel providers.

Wine & Dine Half Marathon - early AP registration opens 5/8 - general registration opens 5/15 - still no sign of pricing on the web
    Hold up - the Wine and Dine is showing going on sale March 15th, not May 15th. Did you get 3 and 5 mixed up?

and - according to the schedule runDisney sent out earlier this year on twitter and facebook, Avengers sale (public) is supposed to be 3.29 ( i know, it may not happen, etc.)
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Hold up - the Wine and Dine is showing going on sale March 15th, not May 15th. Did you get 3 and 5 mixed up?

and - according to the schedule runDisney sent out earlier this year on twitter and facebook, Avengers sale (public) is supposed to be 3.29 ( i know, it may not happen, etc.)
    At this point, I would be shocked if Avengers wasn't held in 2016 since they've promoted the dates multiple times. I don't think we'd see a cancellation until 2017 at the earliest.

Avengers was on the sheet disney was handing out at the star wars expo. I don't think they would have printed it if they were planning on cancelling it

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    Avengers was on the sheet disney was handing out at the star wars expo. I don't think they would have printed it if they were planning on cancelling it
    Oh they did with ToT. It was on the lists and then 'boom' it sadly went away. They also moved Princess in year two from the original published dates to two weeks earlier. It happens.

And Olegc, you're right. Fat fingers got March and May mixed up. Thanks for the catch.
    RunningFool

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Dumbo is still available. When was the last time that a headline challenge was available two and a half weeks after registration opened? (By headline, I'm specifically excluding Goofy, as Dopey was where everybody focused.) Might we see prices stabilize or drop for next year if it doesn't sell out?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ha ha ha.. I was laughing because I can't see Disney lowering prices on anything these days. Give away extra stuff (free pin) but never reduce the price of an item.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I can see them stabilizing, but I doubt lowering. It seems like they've reached a point of diminishing returns.

In some (/many) ways, I'm glad that registration seems to be moving away from the frenzy of the past. Less need to refresh constantly starting at 8:55am PST in the hopes I don't miss a sell out by 1 minute.

Blog Entries

Olegc brought up an interesting point about construction changing courses in the Tinker Bell forum but it also raises a question for all DLand races. I wonder if the Star Wars Land construction is impacting race sign-ups? There is a good chance we may have less park time until everything is completed and the new land is open. Maybe runners don't want to spend $$$ for the potential of less than a Disney experience?

Thoughts?

RunningFool

I thought that the construction was the reason they'd cancelled the Pasta in the Park parties on the west coast. But it would seem maybe they're looking at new offerings for both ends- I'm not seeing parties in WDW for 2016 either.