Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated June 7]

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow. Another big registration day. Princess weekend events are getting closer to capacity and Expedition Everest has a few more events on the board. Also note that ToT has switched over to 2014 dates. Looks like the same line-up as in previous years.

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Cinderella Royal Family 5k - 85% capacity
    runDisney Kids Races - 85% capacity
    Breakfast - 99% capacity
    Pasta Party in the Park - 70%
    Enchanted 10k Race Retreat - 62%
    Half Marathon Race Retreat - 98%
    Glass Slipper Challenge Retreat - 82%

Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend

runDisney Kids Races - 52%
    Expedition Everest Challenge Family Edition - 64%
    EE Post-Race Party - 52%

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkStar View Post
    I totally missed it! Does anyone have a picture to share?
    I didn't get the whole thing because I am not entered in that race. You can see the edge of it in this photo.

Blog Entries

As of January 27th, the Princess Breakfast is officially sold out. There is still room if you would like to join the royal gang for pasta in the park or on at the Disney Royal Family 5k.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Well, it's the morning after registration opened for the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend and it's already over. Although the tracker on the runDisney Disneyland Half website still shows the same availability for the half marathon and 5k as they did last evening however they both show as 'FULL' when registration is attempted via Active. com. As for the Pasta Party, it's not a 'stand-alone' option on Active.com at this time so we'll have to wait for the official tracker to update that capacity.

So, in less than 24 hours (not counting pre-sales), every single running event for the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend sold out. Wow...

RunningFool

Blog Entries

The Disneyland Pasta Party just moved to 94% capacity and the ChEAR Squad just moved to the board at 52%.

If you're thinking about pasta in the park, I wouldn't wait too much longer to register.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Looks like we also had movement on the remaining Princess Half Marathon Weekend events as well. If you are considering taking on the Royal Family 5k (and it's a pretty cute Cinderella / Fairy Godmother rubber medal) or if your kids want to run the kids races (Friday spots only), I wouldn't wait too much longer to sign up. Once we hit 90% capacity, events usually sell out very soon thereafter.

Princess Half Marathon Weekend

•Royal Family 5K - 90% Full

•runDisney Kids Races - 90% Full
    — Friday - 90% Full
    — Saturday - SOLD OUT

•Pasta in the Park Party - 70% Full

And mark your calendars. Registration for the 2014 Tower of Terror 10 Miler and Happy Haunted 5k Trail Run opens February 11th at 12:00 p.m. EST/ 9:00 a.m. PST.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Ok fair Princesses and Princes, your carriage to WDW and the Princess Half marathon weekend is about to turn into a pumpkin. If you are still on the fence for the Royal Family 5k, runDisney kids races, or the pasta party (which took a HUGE jump in capacity), NOW would be a good time to get your registration completed. We are just about at midnight and the clock is ticking.

Princess Half Marathon Weekend

•Royal Family 5K - 98% Full

•runDisney Kids Races - 97% Full
    — Friday - 94% Full
    — Saturday - SOLD OUT

•Pasta in the Park Party - 94% Full
    -- Friday - 90%
    -- Saturday - 96%

RunningFool

Blog Entries

We're getting close to the end of the Princess Half Marathon weekend events just in time for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend to open. At this point, if you want that cool Cinderella Royal Family 5k t-shirt, jump now or forever hope one comes up (at a decent price) on eBay!

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Cinderella Royal Family 5k - 99% capacity
    runDisney Kids Races - 99% capacity
    Pasta Party in the Park - 96%
    Enchanted 10k Race Retreat - 62%
    Half Marathon Race Retreat - 98%
    Glass Slipper Challenge Retreat - 82%

Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend

runDisney Kids Races - 56%
    Expedition Everest Challenge Family Edition - 80%
    EE Post-Race Party - 52%

Registration for the 2014 Tower of Terror 10-Miler weekend opens Tuesday February 11th @ 9:00 a.m. PST/ 12:00 p.m. EST. AP and DVC early registration is now closed.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

For some reason I'm unable to update the main capacity tracker but thought I would let everyone know that runDisney has officially 'sold out' all the remaining Princess Half Marathon weekend events except for the Pasta Party in the Park (currently at 98%). The sellout includes the 5k, kids races, and the race retreats.

The only other runDisney update this week is the addition of the 2014 Wine & Dine dates (November 8th and 9th). No sign yet of registration cost but given it's the 5 year anniversary, I would expect to see a nice little jump in $$$ when that information is released.

Open registration for W&D begins Tuesday March 4th @ 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST. AP / DVC early registration opens Wednesday February 26th @ 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST.

RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    For some reason I'm unable to update the main capacity tracker but thought I would let everyone know that runDisney has officially 'sold out' all the remaining Princess Half Marathon weekend events except for the Pasta Party in the Park (currently at 98%). The sellout includes the 5k, kids races, and the race retreats.

The only other runDisney update this week is the addition of the 2014 Wine & Dine dates (November 8th and 9th). No sign yet of registration cost but given it's the 5 year anniversary, I would expect to see a nice little jump in $$$ when that information is released.

Open registration for W&D begins Tuesday March 4th @ 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST. AP / DVC early registration opens Wednesday February 26th @ 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST.
    Would you like me to see if I can update it for you while you figure out why you can't?

Regarding the Wine & Dine AP registration date... anyone encountered any issues validating their status as a Premier AP holder? Or is there such a validation step?
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Regarding the Wine & Dine AP registration date... anyone encountered any issues validating their status as a Premier AP holder? Or is there such a validation step?
    No validation required.

Blog Entries
    Would you like me to see if I can update it for you while you figure out why you can't?

Thank you - that would be wonderful. I've pinged Tony with the issue but no response yet. At this point, all I see is a gray box after clicking edit as opposed to the content.

As for AP, you just click the check box that asks if you're an AP. That's it. Hence the reason everything went nuts when Disney AP posted the links on their Facebook page and they went viral. At that point, everyone and their dog became an AP.
    RunningFool

Thank you - that would be wonderful. I've pinged Tony with the issue but no response yet. At this point, all I see is a gray box after clicking edit as opposed to the content.
    The issue with post editing has been fixed. I was having the same problem earlier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    The issue with post editing has been fixed. I was having the same problem earlier.
    Nope. Still little gray box.
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    No validation required.
    Thanks Steph!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Nope. Still little gray box.
    I updated the post for you!

Blog Entries
    I updated the post for you!
    Thank you! Hopefully the edit issue will be resolved soon.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Unfortunately still unable to update the main posting but big news today - the 2014 Tower of Terror 10-Miler has reached 50% capacity in just six days! Last year it took almost a month before the race was over 50% and it took just over a month in the inaugural year. It appears there might be another faster-than-normal runDisney race sell out coming!

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Couple of capacity updates for you today.

Looks like the the Princess Pasta Party in the Park is officially sold out.

But the BIG news of the day is over at Expedition Everest. Expedition Everest Family Edition is now at 96% capacity (big jump from 80%). Kids races are at 65%. EE Challenge is at 58%. I would be surprised if EE Family lasts past the Princess weekend so don't delay if you are thinking about signing up!

RunningFool

Unfortunately still unable to update the main posting but big news today - the 2014 Tower of Terror 10-Miler has reached 50% capacity in just six days! Last year it took almost a month before the race was over 50% and it took just over a month in the inaugural year. It appears there might be another faster-than-normal runDisney race sell out coming!
    Hmmm...I guess I need to decide sooner rather than later if I'm really going to do this. I was thinking I'd have at least til July when were moved out east to decide. I'll keep watching the updates here
    heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherya View Post
    Hmmm...I guess I need to decide sooner rather than later if I'm really going to do this. I was thinking I'd have at least til July when were moved out east to decide. I'll keep watching the updates here
    It may just be an initial spike but good to keep tabs on it. I'll ping you as well if it takes another big jump. Will be interesting to see if runDisney has open registration at the Princess expo this week.
    RunningFool

Thank you . Have fun this weekend

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Blog Entries

Quick update. Registration for the 2014 Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend is available at the Princess expo but that is it. No pre-reg for Wine & Dine.

RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quick update. Registration for the 2014 Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend is available at the Princess expo but that is it. No pre-reg for Wine & Dine.
    So the early registration for AP/DVC for Wine & Dine is the earliest that's available? Interesting.

Blog Entries
    So the early registration for AP/DVC for Wine & Dine is the earliest that's available? Interesting.
    Yup. I think after the debacle of the Dumbo Double Dare selling out at the expo (and then during AP/DVC/Visa) prior to general opening runDisney has decided to limit pre-reg to a single early open.
    RunningFool