Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fastpasses for WOC and Radiator Springs; Starbucks

Fastpasses for WOC and Radiator Springs; Starbucks

Hi - there is a group going from work in mid=May (there'll be 12 people, I think, very sadly I am not one of them). They may or may not break down into two groups, but regardless, I note in todays' report that it says Radiator Springs fastpasses run out typically in the first hour of the day. It used to say that for WOC; should our groups try and get both 'first thing' or what? We have some mobility challenged people with us (it'll be a slower moving group) so dashing from here to there isn't going to work well :/ I did suggest that the group consider a picnic meal (eliminate the one issue) but I'm not sure if that's what they'll do.

One thing I note about the bracelet 'key to the world' they're rolling out in WDW is that you will not be able to send one 'runner' to the other end of the park to get FP while the rest ride something else in another area (something my husband used to do a lot, when the kids were younger). Just an observation that makes me not love the bracelet concept.

Starbucks - I know where it is in C.A., but where is it exactly in Downtown Disney (there is one, right?) I know the DL one won't open for quite a while yet, but for a friend on this trip who's a die hard Starbucky, the DTD will work if I can tell her where it is.

Thank you.

“I think most of all what I want Disneyland to be is a happy place, where parents and children can have fun, together.” - Walt Disney

And we do!!!

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mousecanuck View Post
    Starbucks - I know where it is in C.A., but where is it exactly in Downtown Disney (there is one, right?)
    There is no Starbucks in Downtown Disney.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

No Starbucks like C said in Downtown Disney. La Brea used to carry Starbucks coffeee, I don't know about Mochas and such. I get coffee (Peet's) at Haagen Das. They do make mochas and such, I just prefer Peet's coffee as coffee. The Starbucks inside DCA gets a long line, I think it took me close to a half hour the one morning I got it. The line did move swiftly, so I never felt like I was wasting my time twiddling my thumbs, but it was a LONG line.

WOC fast passes don't go near as fast as they used to. Tell them to get them mid-morning and they should be fine.

RSR, will they be using GAC cards? In that case I believe they approach the entrance and they schedule them a time to come back. If they will want to use Fast Passes someone needs to be in the Fastpass line with all scanned tickets first thing.

My family visited w/o 3/15, which was pretty busy with Spring Break crowds, and the RSR fast passes did not run out until around noon time. The crowd forecasts are lower than when we were there so I don't know that they will run out in the first hour.

The strategy I learned for RSR is first, get to the park before rope drop. The real trick is to go through the turnstiles as soon as they open...maybe 1/2 hour before actual park opening.

The line for fast passes actually runs down the front of Carthay Circle Theater and when we were there went all the way to Off the Page. One member of my party took our park tickets, and got in the FP line. The others stayed in the throng waiting for rope drop. Actually, the rope does not really drop. :-) At park open, a line of CM's actually lead the crowd down to Carsland in an orderly fashion. My party then got into the standby line. The designated FP person, after getting the FP's, went in the single rider line. We then all rode at our designated FP time.

Our 1st day, I was not aware that the FP line was separate for the rest of the mob waiting for rope drop, so I was toward the back of the FP line once I found it and thought sure I was hosed. But, it moved very quickly, and there were CM's at each machine to make sure that it moved as efficiently as possible.

Good luck.

Brian

You will want to mention they will want to line up early for WOC as there are limited benches for handicapped individuals. Anyone who can stand will be asked to stand. They will want to speak to the CM when they line up as they can help direct them to the correct line.

Thank you all - good info to have.

I don't think they'll use GAC cards; individually you can mostly tell they have disabilities (some more than others) but I don't know that it'd be worth it for the group to try and get them; some for sure wouldn't need them. Mostly it's stamina and there'll only be a few who will really have trouble keeping up; the whole pace of this crew will be slower (I REALLY wish I got to go...would be so nice to take time to stop and smell the flowers vs. hightailing through the parks like usual with my family!) and if they don't get something done, it'll all be good. They have three days or so but apparently most will not be inclined to go on the thrill rides (too fast/scary) and they are mostly going during the week I think (it'll be grad party weekends in May during the time they go so I sure hope so). Any other advice for a group like ours? I don't want this to go to the 'access guide' thread as it gets lost there and never looked at (there's a weird parallel to that...) and I think so many on these boards who don't have disabilities have so much to offer but rarely ever look in that thread.

“I think most of all what I want Disneyland to be is a happy place, where parents and children can have fun, together.” - Walt Disney

And we do!!!

If they are open to a "smelling the flowers" kind of approach, then by all means, encourage them to enjoy as much live entertainment as they can in the parks and DtD. They can check the schedules online and ask at the information kiosks in the parks, too. Disney is such a great supporter of live music, so that can be something they can enjoy while not being physically stressed.

Absolutely! And just to clarify, offhand I can think of two individuals who probably will want to ride the thrill rides and who the FP to Radiator SPrings will matter to (seriously, went to bed last night and though 'they are going to think I'm nuts, why would I care about those FPs if no one's brave enough to ride?' It's a pretty diverse group, and then, thinking about it more, I can almost guarantee we won't try to get GAC cards for anyone. Again, mostly stamina (no one uses a wheelchair regularly, one uses a walker) and one of the things we try to do is live life as normally as possible and teach life skills. Pretty sure while I can think of two that sometimes have a hard time waiting for some things, we want to teach patience (within reason) as much as possible and - bonus - for many rides/attractions, there's lots to see on the way. They are all adults, just need some support for certain things (and too vulnerable to be left alone generally).

I'll have to look at the park maps a friend just brought for me again, see what shows are when (World of Color is the big one everyone wants to see but you are right, there are so many others!) and refresh my mind of all the other little things.

Any Hidden Mickeys that are pretty obvious and easy to spot that anyone can think of off hand? Last time we went to Disneyland, I wasn't into this so much (really got into it at WDW) so I really don't recall and it'd be fun to let my coworkers know and have them search for them with the group when there's an opportunity.

And we do!!!

Right in the first section of RSR line is one made a cacti. I have a picture but Whistler took the computer to work. If you look back in the park updates to May/June AVP published a picture of it.

Where is the Starbucks in Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    Where is the Starbucks in Disneyland?
    We don't have one yet. Market House is closing sometime this month I think and will be converted.

So there's only a Starbucks in DCA? I remember buying Starbucks coffee at La Brea Bakery, too, but before the renovation. Thanks for the Peets tip at Haagen Dazs. I didn't realize they also serve coffee. Can you bring the cups of coffee into Disneyland from there, or not? I don't care for the coffee inside Disneyland very much. Although I like those fancy coffee drinks with the beignets near New Orleans Square -- but probably because I'm having a beignet with it, too!

Yes you can. We bring cups in all the time. DH gets Jamba Juice in the morning and I run across to Haagen Das.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I get coffee (Peet's) at Haagen Das. They do make mochas and such, I just prefer Peet's coffee as coffee.
    Ooooh, I don't drink coffee but I've become the go to person for Disneyland advice at my school and this info will be very well received among the people i know. At school events if coffee is served it has to be Peet's or the coffee people get super cranky. Thanks for the info.
    "Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress." -Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
    The strategy I learned for RSR is first, get to the park before rope drop. The real trick is to go through the turnstiles as soon as they open...maybe 1/2 hour before actual park opening.

The line for fast passes actually runs down the front of Carthay Circle Theater and when we were there went all the way to Off the Page. One member of my party took our park tickets, and got in the FP line. The others stayed in the throng waiting for rope drop. Actually, the rope does not really drop. :-) At park open, a line of CM's actually lead the crowd down to Carsland in an orderly fashion. My party then got into the standby line. The designated FP person, after getting the FP's, went in the single rider line. We then all rode at our designated FP time.
    Does anyone know if you can access the FP line through the entrance to DCA at the GC?
    Thanks!
    Dreaming of a Monte Cristo!!!

Yes, that is what we did. The GC turnstile opened prior to rope drop. We walked through Condor Flats to BVS, where the crowds were queued up waiting.

As I mentioned, the FP line will be to your left, wrapping around the perimeter of CST, extending into Hollywood Land.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by LauraTD View Post
    At school events if coffee is served it has to be Peet's or the coffee people get super cranky. Thanks for the info.
    Where you live? That doesn't surprise me at all.