Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Child Swap while using the Fastpass system

Child Swap while using the Fastpass system

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how to use Child Swap with a Fastpass. My husband and I usually go into DL and get a Fastpass for Indy and then head to Pirates for our first ride of the trip. So this next trip we will be with my parents and Kiki (who will be almost 1). How do we do this now? Do we grab 4 Fastpasses or 2 Fastpasses? When we head back to Indy can we tell the people at the Fastpass entrance that we want to do Child Swap? Or would it just make more sense to skip the Child Swap and just always get 4 Fastpasses and then 2 of us go through the Fastpass line while the other 2 wait outside with Kiki? What is the best way to do this? We very rarely use Fastpasses because the first week of December has always been so slow. I know this has changed a lot though so I want to be prepared for the crowds.

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Now that they are enforcing the return times of fast pass the system will work differently, I would only get two fast passes, walk up with the baby, get the baby swap pass, have the first group go while the other 2 wait with kiki, then use the rider pass for the other two and not worry about the fast pass expiration. If you have a late window for the first two fast passes you can use the other two tickets to try for fast passes on a different ride so that the two mature at different times and you can do rider swap on both.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

You can get 2 FP for Indy and 2 for say Space and get swap passes when you use the actual passes. OR you could get 4 FP just for Indy. Either way, be aware of the new enforcement windows. The benefit to getting 2 FP for two different rides would be wait time. As you'll be swapping off on all the big rides, that will eat away at your time. So having the ability to get "extra" FP is a nice benefit to help with limited time. However, it may not work well if the FP times are too close together. The benefit of just getting 4FP for Indy would be that you would not all have to return to the ride together. You (generally) get the swap pass when the first group lines up for the ride. They will want to see your baby (non-rider) before giving out the pass. If you get 4 seperate FP (time allowing) it would mean that your husband and father could go ride Indy while you and your mother take the baby on Winnie the Pooh and then meet them. If you only get 2 FP, you'll get the swap pass to be used any time during that day, but you'll all have to show up to get it. Does that make sense?

Was mommyTo2Boys

How would this work for RSR? We are taking all 4 kids end of April. All but kid #4 can ride RSR. I will get 5 fastpasses, so how do we work that so all 5 of us can ride? Thanks.

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

You will have to go in 2 groups. First group will be 1 adult and 3 kids - using 4 fast passes leaving 1, the rider swap is good for 2 people so now 3 of you can go on the second run, one of the children will be left behind on the second run. Is the youngest over the age of 3 and you just don't plan to get a fast pass or are they still free? If you have the media for six fast passes the three children tall enough would be able to go 2x, once with mom then once with dad.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Looking at her signature line, the youngest won't be three until June MS.

Thanks all for the advice! That is so cool that we can get Fastpasses for different rides. Child swap sort of works out for the best. I just can't wait! My mom and I were just talking about all the rides we haven't done since I was a kid. Yay for vacations and yay for child swap!

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Looking at her signature line, the youngest won't be three until June MS.
    OOPS on not reading the sig line, well then they have to decide if one child won't get to ride twice or if they will separate into two bigger groups so each group only rides one time.

Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    Thanks all for the advice! That is so cool that we can get Fastpasses for different rides. Child swap sort of works out for the best. I just can't wait! My mom and I were just talking about all the rides we haven't done since I was a kid. Yay for vacations and yay for child swap!
    Its One thing I will miss now that they are all tall enough. But I'm excited to do most rides as a family now so that makes up for it....for the most part.

Was mommyTo2Boys

Going to be at parks for 3 days, so we will pick a kid a day that gets to go twice. Does child swap use Fastpass line?

We found out last summer that with Space you can actually go through the exit, although we were always allowed to go through the FP line. However, with all other rides we've been directed to go through the FP line if one was available.