Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Red Mickey pancake mould.

Red Mickey pancake mould.

So my son gave me the pancake mould last year and I finally remembered to use it tonight. Needless to say, it didn't work very well. I got the batter poured in but then it was stuck in the mould. I had to run a knife around the edge to get it out. Does anyone have any tips to making this actually work?

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I spray mine with cooking spray, I usually use a butter flavored one. Even that doesn't always work perfectly

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Personally, I've never used a pancake mold because I'm not a fan of storing kitchen novelty items, but...

Did you try spraying the mold with non-stick spray or wiping it down lightly with vegetable oil? Maybe it's the batter too, but my guess is spraying will help.

I have some of these, not Mickey though. They're really more of a pain than they're worth. A couple ideas, first heat it up for several minutes. Also, spray as mentioned by others. And do not fill it too full. Good Luck!

Blog Entries

we have Mickey and some Star Wars molds. My hubby always sprays them and we got a cheapo bottle that you put ketchup/mustard/condiments in for picnics and cut the hole a little bigger and we use that to sqeeze the pancake batter into the tiny spaces of the Star Wars molds. I like using the butter flavor spray and the edges kinda come out crunchy. Now, remember, if it's the big RED 'mold" without the handles . . . it a cookie cutter mold, not pancake. The actual pancake molds are black with little handles. That could be part of the issue . . .

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to try Pam. Mine is the red silicone mold. You can't cut cookies with it. I tried it with eggs and that didn't work. They just seeped right under. Don't know what else it could be used for.

I got one of those as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago and ran into the same problem. I didn't have any Pam, so I used a paper towel to wipe vegetable oil all over it. Definitely made it easier, but it still took some patience.

And yeah, the don't work at all for making fried eggs. But I ended up making omelets with it. I cooked a little bit of bacon, onions and bell peppers. Then gathered it in the center of the pan and put the mold around them. Then I poured some scrambled eggs into the middle. There was some "leakage", but you know what? I just trimmed them away and put them on top of the eggs in mold. Flipped it over and in the end I got a couple of not perfect but fairly decent and fun looking Mickey-shaped omelets. But it took some work!!

I got pictures someplace. If I can find them, I'll come back and post 'em.

"The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

Red Mickey pancake mould.

Omelets are a good idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to try Pam. Mine is the red silicone mold. You can't cut cookies with it. I tried it with eggs and that didn't work. They just seeped right under. Don't know what else it could be used for.
    AHHHH! The SILICONE version! Well, then yeah. I don't know what's up with that. Seems like it should have been made so that the batter didn't leak. Bummer! (I have a big, red, metal cookie cutter that my husband first used as a pancake mold until I put a stop to that and got him the little black metal ones with the handle - those work GREAT!)
    WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels