Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: 2013 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

If we were completely tied we should have both come in 5th, with no 6th place finisher and skipping right to 7th place. What may have happened is that I might have been faster by less than a 1-second difference; the results website just doesn't break it down that low.

Either way, I'm so excited! The last 4 miles or so is very twisty-turny and I felt quite disoriented--didn't help that there's actually a few rolling hills on the course, either. I was hoping to finish a smidge faster but I'll take what I got.

Thanks for your support and good wishes all! :-)

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2013 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Now I'm GLAD I didn't call your name louder after you'd gone past me, Lani! That turning around could have been the difference! You were in a pretty tight crowd, too, so that could have been an issue (and why I didn't see you until you were past me).
    I did yell out Lorree's name when she hadn't gone as far past me, but I don't think loud enough.

But did get a hug from THPoohBear, Fairestoneofall, disneyfunfamily4, Hannahbelle, and the DHs of the last two.

I had a blast out there cheering. Saw just about all the finishers except probably the last few. I waited until there was quite a bit of time between people, but didn't wait for the trailing bikes. The Sag Wagon guy who was parked near me, said they probably wouldn't sweep involuntarily at that point, because it wasn't on roads by then.
    There was one woman that stopped that was going to throw in the towel, but I'm not sure if she drank a sip of water and sat for a minute, or did something else (bio freeze maybe) with the medics, but she did decide to go for it. I was very proud of her!

But then, I'm very happy for everyone that braved the course and the miles and completed the race.

Cathy

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Now I'm GLAD I didn't call your name louder after you'd gone past me, Lani! That turning around could have been the difference! You were in a pretty tight crowd, too, so that could have been an issue (and why I didn't see you until you were past me).
    I did yell out Lorree's name when she hadn't gone as far past me, but I don't think loud enough.
    Ok, I DID hear my name! I thought I was imaging it. Sorry I missed you. Hopefully I was actually running when you saw me and not dawdling. I took it easy and stopped to take lots of pictures along the way which made for a slower time but I felt better at the finish.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Blog Entries

You were definitely running, and in a bit of a crowd!

Cathy

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Where exactly were you cheering from?
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The online Disney Store is having what they are calling a "flash sale" for remaining Wine & Dine gear here: http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIPageDisplayView?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10002&N=1023501&Ns=pParentBuyable|1||p ParentGrossMargin|1||pSortName|0||pLaunchDate|1

More impotantly for some folks, they have the men's and women's Coast to Coast shirts. As of right now, you can get both the men's women's C2C tech shirt in all sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL)... so if you were disappointed that they ran out of your size at the expo, grab one before they're out!

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

I orders out tech shirts this morning with the Veterans Day 25% off. I was really hopping for sweatshirts too. Oh well next year!

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

congrats Lani! And thank you Cathy for being such an awesome cheerleader! We needed that at approximately mile 11.74!

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks Cathy for the details...are you still at WDW? I was curious about AoA.

Stephanie

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congrats to all of the finishers!

My "time" wasn't great, but I had a GREAT time! For the first time ever I stopped for characters, and a lot if them! So fun!

Cathy, thank you so much for cheering. The last two miles were difficult for me. At about midnight PST my body powered down. I stepped in a hole in the back stage area of DHS and twisted my ankle. It's not sprained, but I strained something. It's still a little fussy. I got very nauseated around mile 9.5/10 and couldn't shake it the rest of the race. Once I finished I thought I had shaken the sick feeling, but as soon as my running partner opened her wine it was all over for me (weird because I love wine). I felt better immediately, and I really think it was because of my late afternoon snack. Live and learn and on to Rock and Roll Vegas.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Lani, I was right by the big 'Boardwalk' overhead sign and by the bridge between Swan/Dolphin and Boardwalk. There was a Jazz? Band playing at the far end of the section, and I was nearer Studios, but still right there by Jelly Rolls. Blinking lights around my neck, but I may have turned a little away and said something to the gal cheering next to me.

I had a blast cheering! I'll definitely do that again if the timing works. I saw the winners as well as just about all the other runners (who are winners, too!). I left to go back to the party when there was a good 20-30 seconds between runners.

I'm still here, Tapoenfeat. Just checked into Art of Animation. It looks like a cool resort, even if we're in the farthest rooms.

Cathy

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Congrats to all of the finishers!

My "time" wasn't great, but I had a GREAT time! For the first time ever I stopped for characters, and a lot if them! So fun!

Cathy, thank you so much for cheering. The last two miles were difficult for me. At about midnight PST my body powered down. I stepped in a hole in the back stage area of DHS and twisted my ankle. It's not sprained, but I strained something. It's still a little fussy. I got very nauseated around mile 9.5/10 and couldn't shake it the rest of the race. Once I finished I thought I had shaken the sick feeling, but as soon as my running partner opened her wine it was all over for me (weird because I love wine). I felt better immediately, and I really think it was because of my late afternoon snack. Live and learn and on to Rock and Roll Vegas.
    That should've said midnight EST, not PST. Oops.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Lani, I was right by the big 'Boardwalk' overhead sign and by the bridge between Swan/Dolphin and Boardwalk. There was a Jazz? Band playing at the far end of the section, and I was nearer Studios, but still right there by Jelly Rolls. Blinking lights around my neck, but I may have turned a little away and said something to the gal cheering next to me.

I had a blast cheering! I'll definitely do that again if the timing works. I saw the winners as well as just about all the other runners (who are winners, too!). I left to go back to the party when there was a good 20-30 seconds between runners.

I'm still here, Tapoenfeat. Just checked into Art of Animation. It looks like a cool resort, even if we're in the farthest rooms.
    Well, thank you for being out there! We need to get you a big light-up sign that says "Team MousePlanet Cheer Squad" so we can find you in the dark. Of course, I missed the entire MousePlanet Cheer Squad tent at Princess last year so perhaps I'm just oblivious!
    RunningFool

When is the 2014 race

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lt90303 View Post
    When is the 2014 race
    According to the Save the Date info on the Wine & Dine program, the 2014 event will be held November 7th - 8th. Always subject to change but probably safe to plan to it.
    RunningFool