Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Roll Call: May 17th, 2014 - Wonder 2-night "Cruise to Nowhere"

Packed and ready! We are still in for the run to nowhere. Sunday night will be kid dependent but probably one of us can make it.

2. # ADS

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Roll Call: May 17th, 2014 - Wonder 2-night "Cruise to Nowhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    How about Cadillac?
    Fine by me.

We're having a late dinner in Little Italy right now.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Not packed. Not ready.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Packed and ready! We are still in for the run to nowhere. Sunday night will be kid dependent but probably one of us can make it.
    Woo hoo! I think we might get a good handful of folks!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

Just watched her come in!

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

Roll Call: May 17th, 2014 - Wonder 2-night "Cruise to Nowhere"

Cool! We will try to make Sunday night!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Worst port ever. We parked at 11 and are finally almost in the terminal at 1:10. Kids are holding up but we are so ready to be on board!

Blog Entries

Great trip! I'm glad they're bringing the Wonder back to the Mexican Riviera. We're so coming back!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Fun, fun, fun trip! Once we got ON, that is. The port folks were not prepared for a ship of the Wonder's size in any way, shape or form.

The ship was 90 mins. late getting in. (What's up with that???) There weren't enough Customs Officers to deal with the debarking passengers in a timely fashion and we also heard rumors about a few holdouts who didn't want to get off, delaying the clearing of the ship in the first place.

We waited in line 90 mins. Once inside the terminal we were in and out in 10 mins. due to Platinum status. Others were not so fortunate.

The construction around the port made waiting outside more miserable and convoluted. The debarking of The Hornblower of a couple hundred people before we made our final turn down the long straightaway to the ship made the narrow walkway even more so.

Once on board, all was forgotten (for the most part) and pixie dust abounded. What was unfortunate was all the people who were trying DCL for the first time and had a miserable time. We talked with one elderly lady and her hubby during the muster drill who said they were trying DCL for the first time since it was so short a time and so close to home and she was adamant, they're never doing DCL again. Another gal with 30+ DCL cruises and I with my measly (compared to her) 12, tried to explain that she needs to try them out of Canaveral, that *that* is a well-oiled machine, they have their own terminal, blah, blah, blah. That this is their first time in SD, blahty, blah, blah, bah. She was so angry, she couldn't hear us. Too bad.

I think DCL needs to send a letter of apology and explanation to all those on this cruise trying to smooth ruffled feathers. Old timers like us can cut them some slack, but if they want to cull new cruisers, this was NOT a good start.

Karin

Blog Entries

I totally agree with you, Karin.

It was chaotic at port arrival, but It was their first time doing this in San Diego with DCL. I know the construction is a total bummer as well. It's been going on though for almost 2 years. I'm hoping that it will be over soon. But, it was a small speed bump in the trip and I'm pretty sure I was over it the minute that the CM's announced our family on board. We had a total blast and the only complaint is that it was too short. It was great chatting it up with you and your DH last night in the lounge. I hope Cub wasn't too upset that you went on the Mickey Cruise without him.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Sounds like they have a little more than a year to get it together for the coastals... or there will be a lot of explaining as to why they didn't go out of Port of LA/LB

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Blog Entries

I forgot to mention that I did see several people in another group mention that they were just going to show up at 11 regardless of their PAT. They weren't checking for our PAT's when we walked onto the pier. I don't think that would solve the problem, but it might have eased some of the lines.

Minus the issues at the port prior the the cruise, it was a wonderful time. We packed a lot into our short time on the ship :-) It was great seeing CMs from previous cruises and talking with ones that we will be seeing again in August. But mostly I enjoying visiting with fellow MPers on the ship!! It was great to see you all around the ship and at the meet on Sunday night. :-)

I hope they can work out the issues at the port. That was a bit of a nightmare and not the best way to start off the cruise.
    We are definitely looking at one of the 5-night Baja cruises next year.

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

I totally agree, f1oa. As soon as we got into the terminal we were over the wait. I practically jumped across the desk and into the arms of the poor, unsuspecting port check-in gal. She seemed surprised, then taken aback, then pleased I wasn't pissed at * her* for the wait.

The cruise itself was loads of fun and wayyyy too short.

Karin

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I agree with all of you! I can't imagine that made a very good first impression of DCL for a lot of cruisers. But.... we were over it once out of the terminal. I will likely write a letter, just to give my input but it was quickly forgotten. It was wonderful to get to meet so many of you and Thank You so much for all the wonderful FE gifts! My main complaint is the cruise was too short!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The cruise was too short! That is all.

Well, that, and it was great seeing everyone. Thank you to everyone who showed up for the Sunday fun run/fun walk, too!

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    The cruise was too short! That is all.

Well, that, and it was great seeing everyone. Thank you to everyone who showed up for the Sunday fun run/fun walk, too!
    I had already forgotten about the line to get in at the port!! LOL!!! I was just happy to be with friends and go on my first Disney cruise to let it bother me! I did have to spray some sunscreen on my arms out in the line.

It was great seeing fellow MPers and I had a wonderful "first" cruise. Cant wait for the next one!

Thank you for the whistle and the ribbon Lani! Also, thank you to everyone that participated in the FE exchange. It was fun getting all the goodies. (Like a Christmas morning stocking <3)

Mermaid, it was great chatting with you and your DH Sunday night. Don't forget, if you have any questions about Aulani or Oahu, let me know. :-)

We also had a great time after the boarding craziness! I think Disney did a great job packing as much of the "good stuff" into two days as they could. We were pleasantly surprised to see they were showing the Golden Mickeys and Disney Dreams. It was the first time for the kids seeing both shows and they loved them. The kids didn't last for the fireworks so we skipped those, but otherwise it was a great packed couple of days.

Thanks for all the fun FE gifts! The 4 year old especially loved coming back to the room and seeing what was in our bag each time. Lani, thanks for setting up the run to nowhere. It was good to get out and run a couple of miles in the middle of eating and drinking nonstop. Lani / Alex / AVP / Tony thanks for letting me play trivia with you for a bit (and helping me try to get the hockey game on, ha) though from talking to Kevin about the questions we missed, I should have sent him down instead!

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We had a great time, and are looking forward to cruising next year. We also once again demonstrated our mad trivia skilz at the various challenges, winning 3 of the 4 we entered. I know some people were relieved when we said we weren't coming back for the 80's music quiz - little did we know what THAT turned into! Thank goodness we avoided that.

BTW, I have to point out that the MousePlanet door magnets came from Melissa, NOT any of the MP staff. That whole thing was Melissa's idea, and she ordered and paid for the magnets. I adore mine (and happily there's enough magnetic surface on my smart car to display one).

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

We had no trouble with the port getting on Monday...maybe they fixed the kinks out from Saturday. It was surprisingly quick! We had my sis in law drop us off and we were on the ship within 30 minutes.

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23