Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call: May 17th, 2014 - Wonder 2-night "Cruise to Nowhere"

Headless Chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I do honestly and truly hope that they can resolve this for you, but my experience with Disney Cruise Line on this exact issue was not good.
    Ouch. I really do hope they will still honor it seeing as the ship is not even sold out yet. There is no way we're paying over $225 per person per night (after our 10% onboard booking discount) for a 2-night no-port cruise for a cat 11B. That is just obscene.

Stupid part is if I had originally given them a dummy name and birthdate and just changed it, this wouldn't be an issue. That's what's screwed up. I originally booked at the 200% single-occupancy rate, which is the exact same as double occupancy.

The thing that has me most upset was that the cast member was even confused about the price change, until she talked with her supervisor, then they flat out said it was my fault for not correcting it sooner, so they can't do anything, since it's ultimately my fault (and reiterated that a few times). I've never experienced Disney actually outright blaming a guest up until now.
    First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Ouch. I really do hope they will still honor it seeing as the ship is not even sold out yet. There is no way we're paying over $225 per person per night (after our 10% onboard booking discount) for a 2-night no-port cruise for a cat 11B. That is just obscene.

Stupid part is if I had originally given them a dummy name and birthdate and just changed it, this wouldn't be an issue. That's what's screwed up. I originally booked at the 200% single-occupancy rate, which is the exact same as double occupancy.

The thing that has me most upset was that the cast member was even confused about the price change, until she talked with her supervisor, then they flat out said it was my fault for not correcting it sooner, so they can't do anything, since it's ultimately my fault (and reiterated that a few times). I've never experienced Disney actually outright blaming a guest up until now.
    This isn't making sense. Final payment isn't due yet, and the ship capacity isn't full. There should be NO REASON that they can't modify your reservation, preserving the passenger rate that you paid for your cruise fare and extending it to a second guest since you're modifying a reservation, not cancelling and booking a new one. I've done this for clients who have booked solo staterooms and then added a guest to their room, and the entire reservation doesn't get repriced.

And what exactly *is* your fault here? Booking a single stateroom? Having circumstances change where you want to share a stateroom? If you thought you were traveling solo, there would have been no reason to book a fake second passenger for a placeholder until final payment; *that* would be silly!

There are times when I don't always get exactly what I want on a call. So, I'll wait a little while and talk to another CM. Some CMs have been around longer and can do things that newer agents can't.

I advise being polite, friendly, and firm. Ask to speak to a lead. Get everyone's name. State what you want clearly and reasonably. Polite persistence often pays off, and if you aren't getting satisfaction, ask for the next person up the food chain who can help you. I'm sorry you're having to do this on your own; usually this is the sort of thing I'd handle for a client and save them the hassle (actually, it shouldn't even be a hassle at this point).

Good luck!
    Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Headless Chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    This isn't making sense. Final payment isn't due yet, and the ship capacity isn't full. There should be NO REASON that they can't modify your reservation, preserving the passenger rate that you paid for your cruise fare and extending it to a second guest since you're modifying a reservation, not cancelling and booking a new one. I've done this for clients who have booked solo staterooms and then added a guest to their room, and the entire reservation doesn't get repriced.

And what exactly *is* your fault here? Booking a single stateroom? Having circumstances change where you want to share a stateroom? If you thought you were traveling solo, there would have been no reason to book a fake second passenger for a placeholder until final payment; *that* would be silly!

There are times when I don't always get exactly what I want on a call. So, I'll wait a little while and talk to another CM. Some CMs have been around longer and can do things that newer agents can't.

I advise being polite, friendly, and firm. Ask to speak to a lead. Get everyone's name. State what you want clearly and reasonably. Polite persistence often pays off, and if you aren't getting satisfaction, ask for the next person up the food chain who can help you. I'm sorry you're having to do this on your own; usually this is the sort of thing I'd handle for a client and save them the hassle (actually, it shouldn't even be a hassle at this point).

Good luck!
    Someone named Roy finally called me from their corporate office. In a nutshell, Roy told me that there will not be a fare adjustment, and that he'd be happy to cancel my reservation for me. He even went to explain to me that it's just like buying a second seat on an airplane, which wouldn't be the same price as one! (Duh. Thanks for that, Roy.) I then asked if he had a written copy of the pricing policy to send to me, which he stated there isn't one. (More on that in a second.) I asked him how that is legal, and he just repeated that the pricing policy is not in writing anywhere. So, I even went to tell him that I'd be sure to blog about this experience to make sure others don't get ripped off as well and to let people to know to NEVER book single occupancy. His snide response was, "Well, you be sure to state ALL the facts in that blog, such as how you didn't read your complete reservation back in February and then decided to wait until August." I kid you not. He was that condescending.

After that call, I was absolutely disgusted at the way they would treat a longtime guest, especially with how much referred business I've given to them.

So, I posted on my Facebook page that I was told they have no written pricing policy. A friend of mine saw that and had the time to comb the DCL website and finally found a line under the "Cancellations/Refunds" header (even though it's totally not a cancellation or refund...) that any change to occupancy can result in a difference in overall fare.

Now, had Roy been trained properly in customer service or even had the brains to know where all of their information is posted, he would have also been able to handle it by simply stating, "I'm really sorry, but if you had reviewed our pricing policy on the website, or further down in the fine print on your reservation, you would see that we have the right to make this change. I hope this clears up any confusion in the future." That would have at least been respectful. It would also have been nice that when booking single occupancy, I would have been TOLD this. (I booked that reservation face-to-face while onboard the Wonder last year.) Or, it would also be nice to ADD that little important tidbit to their webpage about single occupancy rates.

So, did I ultimately make the mistake? Sure. However, it really was not handled properly, which has really soured my view of DCL. They should know their information and also convey that information clearly, neither of which the reservations CM or my "buddy" Roy did.

I'm still steamed enough to just sit on both reservations (we have a back-to-back scheduled on the following 5-night that my husband was already on) until final payoff date, then move them to a later placeholder date, then wait until they offer the 30-day GTY rates, then move them back and get them even cheaper, with possibilities of even getting nicer rooms. Either way, we're still taking that entire week off, and if the back-to-back cruises should sell out before that 30-day mark, then we'll take our vacation money elsewhere for that week, possibly even to another cruise line.

So, as a warning to anyone, do not EVER book single occupancy. Always make up a name and birthdate and then drop it later if you decide to travel solo.

I am truly sorry that you had this experience with Disney and such a poor outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    Mary & Vince--6636
    Please remove us from the list; I've cancelled this reservation because we're splurging on an Eastern Mediterranean sailing this summer with the kids. Every little bit helps toward the cost of that trip!

dlfansx4 + DH + ??? - 7566
    Can you please change this one for me.

It is now:

dlfansx4 and Hannahbelle - 7062

(Girls weekend - woo hoo!)
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone know when the last payment date is? That was how I was able to jump on board on the last one in 2011 from those last minute cancels and I got a good rate. If I can I'd like to do it again.

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

We're on the May 19th cruise, and our PIF date is March 5th, so I bet the PIF date is March 3rd for this cruise.

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is anyone else getting excited for this? Will there be a MousePlanet meet up? My boys still do not know about the cruise and I'm super giddy about it. I want to tell them, but more so I want to see their faces when we pull up to the port. We live fairly close so we're telling them that we're going to a Padres game and we're going to stay the night in a hotel. When they see the ship they are going to flip their lids! I totally pulled out my FE this morning and lovingly unfolded it, stared at it and refolded it. We're not going to join an FE group but instead I'm going to just let the kids exchange FE gifts with DFF4's girls. They don't know it yet, but my MIL is making them a FE for the cruise. SURPRISE!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Is anyone else getting excited for this? Will there be a MousePlanet meet up? My boys still do not know about the cruise and I'm super giddy about it. I want to tell them, but more so I want to see their faces when we pull up to the port. We live fairly close so we're telling them that we're going to a Padres game and we're going to stay the night in a hotel. When they see the ship they are going to flip their lids! I totally pulled out my FE this morning and lovingly unfolded it, stared at it and refolded it. We're not going to join an FE group but instead I'm going to just let the kids exchange FE gifts with DFF4's girls. They don't know it yet, but my MIL is making them a FE for the cruise. SURPRISE!
    THIS IS SO RAD! I love you friend! That is going to be awesome! thank you, thank you, thank you. I cant wait to see it. Your MIL does amazing things with her sewing machine. I cant wait to see it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    THIS IS SO RAD! I love you friend! That is going to be awesome! thank you, thank you, thank you. I cant wait to see it. Your MIL does amazing things with her sewing machine. I cant wait to see it!
    I have NO idea how she's theming it so we'll all be surprised.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

Roll Call: May 17th, 2014 - Wonder 2-night "Cruise to Nowhere"

We are getting pretty excited! We booked our hotel for Friday night and confirmed our babysitters last week. Now that it's 2014.... It seems closer. We'd be down for a MP meet.

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Will there be a MousePlanet meet up?
    Based on the LAST cruise to nowhere, I'm going to say VERY likely yes!! Of course, I didn't go on the last one, I just heard about all the fun everybody had.

And actually as we get closer, I can see us planning more stuff!!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Based on the LAST cruise to nowhere, I'm going to say VERY likely yes!! Of course, I didn't go on the last one, I just heard about all the fun everybody had.

And actually as we get closer, I can see us planning more stuff!!
    Awesome!

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I should really learn to remember to re-read posts. lol

This is what Adrienne posted in the initial post to this thread:

If you're joining us, please let me know so we can include you in any official MousePlanet activities and the ever popular Fish Extender exchange:

WHY DO WE NEED YOUR CABIN NUMBER? We don't, BUT, it's the only way we can find you to distribute whatever little gifts people might be bringing. (That's the whole "Fish Extender" thing). That's also why it helps to list who you're rooming with, even if you just want to list age and gender, so we can make sure to include everyone.

So that answers your question!!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I should really learn to remember to re-read posts. lol

This is what Adrienne posted in the initial post to this thread:

So that answers your question!!
    See? I should have re-read myself. I've just been a TEENY bit preoccupied lately.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

One of the ideas I've been toying with for this cruise is to help organize an informal family fun run/walk around the jogging deck.

Normally when a Disney cruise stops at Castaway Cay, there's that 5K they put on. It's free, and it's a bit of fun and a chance to work off all those calories you've been enjoying on the ship. Well, since this cruise doesn't go to Castaway Cay, I thought, "Why not do our own?"

I don't want this to be a very difficult challenge. And since it would involve going around and around the jogging deck in a circle, it could get pretty boring. I also don't want to do it by distance because it would be pretty hard to keep track of how many laps every participant does. So this is what I'm thinking:

- The event would be for a specific time. Maybe half an hour? We all start at about the same time, and we end at about the same time. Easier.

- No registration fee, but I would like to know who'd be interested in participating so I have an idea of how many people to expect.

Anyone have any preferences on time and day? I was thinking of Sunday morning. Not at the crack of dawn, but early enough that it won't hamper your day.

I'm thinking of calling it something like the "Team MousePlanet Fun Run to Nowhere" or something like that.

Everyone is encouraged to join, so bring your kids along. Run, jog, walk, skip!

What do you guys think?

Lani, we'd definitely be interested!

Also I don't think I ever actually listed it here, but we are bringing the cubs (ages 2 and 4.)

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries

Count me in! And I a absolutely prefer morning! I'm an early bird. I'll probably bring Jax too.

MousePad Subscriber

We would probably be in- as long as there is room for some slowish walkers on that track!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Lani, we'd definitely be interested!

Also I don't think I ever actually listed it here, but we are bringing the cubs (ages 2 and 4.)
    Awwww..... now I sorta wish I was bringing mine- sorta

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Yay! I'm glad there's some interest!

No problem at all with walking slowly.

MousePad Subscriber

Paid in full!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Paid in full!!!!!!
    Doing that tomorrow! My TA was out of the office today.

Headless Chicken

We are now a "maybe". We are cancelling both this one and the following 5-night to Vancouver, and are attempting to re-book at the cheap GTY rates about 30 days out. If the prices drop, we're still on-board. If not, we're still vacationing that week, but totally being spontaneous as to what we end up doing.

The prices for both are just higher than what we think they're worth, so hopefully, they will take a nice nose-dive later.