Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call: May 17th, 2014 - Wonder 2-night "Cruise to Nowhere"

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Roll Call: May 17th, 2014 - Wonder 2-night "Cruise to Nowhere"

I'm splitting this special cruise into its own thread so as not to dominate the conversation in the main 2014 thread. The 2011 Cruise to Nowhere had over 70 Padders onboard, and I know a LOT of MousePlanet readers will be booking (or have already booked) this cruise.

Booking for the 2-Night "Weekend Getaway" Cruise on the Disney Wonder just opened, and Ted Bradpiece from Two Bears Travel says it's already over 50% sold out due to advance reservations made by Gold and Platinum members of Disney's Castaway Club.

The cruise departs at 4pm Saturday, May 17 2014 and returns 8:30am Monday, May 19. This cruise fills the 2-night gap between the arrival of the Disney Wonder from Port Canaveral (via the Panama Canal) and the repositioning cruise to Alaska.

This is a real "cruise to nowhere," as the ship won't be making any port stops - Saturday is a "day at sea."

Pricing starts at $814 per couple for an inside (Category 11B) stateroom, all the way up to $3400 per couple for the Walt or Roy Disney suites.

To book, contact your travel agent or one of the MousePlanet travel partners:

Mouse Ear Vacations
    Small World Vacations

If you're joining us, please let me know so we can include you in any official MousePlanet activities and the ever popular Fish Extender exchange:

WHY DO WE NEED YOUR CABIN NUMBER? We don't, BUT, it's the only way we can find you to distribute whatever little gifts people might be bringing. (That's the whole "Fish Extender" thing). That's also why it helps to list who you're rooming with, even if you just want to list age and gender, so we can make sure to include everyone.

Deck 2
    Kevin and Jen + DD and DS (ages 2 and 4) - 2010
    roguefx (Tommy and Dianna) - 2509
    Lani and Alex - 2570
    AVP and Tony - 2572
    ambautista + DW and DS - 2118 -

Deck 5
    EvilQueenShari (Dan & Shari) - 5150
    Maleficent Shawna + DH, DD (4), and DS (2) - 5148

Deck 6
    Schneider Family (Glenn, Sharon and Nathan) - 6154
    Sleeping Beauty's mom + DH (Wendy & Schyler) - 6641
    FabShelley + Noe and Alice - 6007

Deck 7
    Karin and DH - 7037
    Fairestoneofall and DH + the boys - 7060
    DLFansx4 and Hannahbelle - 7062 (deck 7)
    Mermaid and DH - 7624 - celebrating their anniversary

Deck 8
    Jefhar + DW, DD#1, DD#2, DS- 8538 - Celebrating Jeff's 50th

Last edited by AVP; 04-02-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

Add us to the list- it will be me and DH celebrating our anniversary! I hope we like DCL- booked a second cruise 5 months before taking the first one!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Yes!!!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

DH and I are in 7037.

Karin

Count the Schneider Family in, Glenn, Sharon and Nathan, in Stateroom 6154. I just saw they were doing this cruise this morning. My first thought was "We have to do this" the second was "Gosh, I hope Mouseplanet is going to do a Group". Looks like I am having a good Valentine's Day already.

Headless Chicken

We're actually 6521.

I am booked!!! Room 7566. I am not sure who is coming with me yet though, but you can just list it as DH for now.

Oh, unless I am mistaken, this cruise actually leaves on Saturday, May 17th and returns on Monday, May 19th. (rather than Friday to Sunday).

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was wondering the same thing, Saturday-Monday? I really want to go again too but not sure who to take with me. Does anyone know when price will be open on their website? Or do we just need to go through an agent? The more people you have in your room the better the price right?

Quote Originally Posted by dlfansx4 View Post

Oh, unless I am mistaken, this cruise actually leaves on Saturday, May 17th and returns on Monday, May 19th. (rather than Friday to Sunday).
    DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

Quote Originally Posted by CADisneyFam View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, Saturday-Monday? I really want to go again too but not sure who to take with me. Does anyone know when price will be open on their website? Or do we just need to go through an agent? The more people you have in your room the better the price right?
    You should be able to see it on the website now. I was just in there looking at what is available. I think it would be a blast to book the Walt or Roy with a group of friends ;-)
    -Walt Disney

You should be able to see it on the website now. I was just in there looking at what is available. I think it would be a blast to book the Walt or Roy with a group of friends ;-)
    That would be fun. I peeked in there in 2011 and it was an awesome room! Ok yes it is on the site but not yet to price out. Well I have a message into my fav agent Ted to see what he can come up for me
    DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

That would be fun. I peeked in there in 2011 and it was an awesome room! Ok yes it is on the site but not yet to price out. Well I have a message into my fav agent Ted to see what he can come up for me
    It is on there. On the search screen, select California Coast cruise for May of 2014. The price for 2 adults in an 11C is $821 and it goes up to $1389 for 2 adults in a 4A.
    -Walt Disney

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Lani and Alex - 2570

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Mary & Vince--6636

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    We're actually 6521.
    Fixed

I am booked!!! Room 7566.
    Gotcha

Ooops! Fixed!

Does anyone know when price will be open on their website? Or do we just need to go through an agent? The more people you have in your room the better the price right?
    It's on the website now but you kinda have to search for it by process of elimination since they haven't added San Diego as a departure port. Just select 0-4 day cruises in May 2014 visiting the California Coast, and that's the only cruise it will come up with in the search.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Lani and Alex - 2570
    Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    Mary & Vince--6636
    Woot!

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Kevin and Jen- 2010. Just us for now but might add the cubs. Anyone else bringing kids?

Headless Chicken

Two nights is going to be so short. So, I suspect I will be pulling an all-nighter on the second evening. Can sleep after disembarking.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We're going!
    Me, DH and the boys.
    We've been hemming and hawing about our category, but 99% sure we're sticking to 5A. If she didn't "cancel" our hold ressie when we asked for a revised quote, then we are 7060.
    We'll be celebrating MY birthday!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

Oops- we are 7622!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

6641 for dh and I ( Schyler and Wendy).

Blog Entries

I

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I
    Oops!
    That was supposed to say that I'm waiting for DisneyFunFamily to chime in here.

We're in! Tommy and Dianna in room 2509! Woo hoo!

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

I'm chiming in now fairest. We're IN, right now we're booked in room 2110 but I'm debating on changing to either a higher deck (still with a porthole) or a verandah. It'll be myself, DH and the girls! Whoo Hooo!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Oops- we are 7622!
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty's mom View Post
    6641 for dh and I ( Schyler and Wendy).
    YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by roguefx View Post
    We're in! Tommy and Dianna in room 2509! Woo hoo!
    Who hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    I'm chiming in now fairest. We're IN, right now we're booked in room 2110 but I'm debating on changing to either a higher deck (still with a porthole) or a verandah. It'll be myself, DH and the girls! Whoo Hooo!
    Awesome!

Made our reservations yesterday! So excited!! We're in 8094 - myself, my spouse and our kids (two girls/1 boy).
    This will be our second Disney cruise and the last one was the first "cruise to nowhere" from L.A. in 2011. This time I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday on the 18th of May. Can't think of a better way to celebrate!!