Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: New Tram Policy at DL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Tram Policy at DL

I read in this weeks update that DL is going to start enforcing the policy in place at WDW, and that is before the tram can move, the safety spiel must play through in English and Spanish. If a guest jumps on board after the spiel starts and after they announce no more boarding, they must repeat the loop in both languages. It was reported at Epcot Center they had to sit through three playings of the spiel before they could move. Now that I have lost nearly 11-15 pounds, I have been hoofing instead of riding. If this is the new policy, I will hoof it both ways from here on out.

another reason to use the Toy Story Lot.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

New Tram Policy at DL

Another reason to stay across the street.

all part of the experience.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

This is such a lame policy, for no other reason than hypervigilant lawyering. Under the old system, the tram guide says very clearly "no further boarding, everyone sit back, driver, we're clear". Very safe. Now you have to listen to that stupid 45 second spiel. And yes, during the spiel it's not uncommon for someone to jump on board, forcing the tram guide to run the entire spiel again. I recently sat through it THREE times in WDW, and the tram had to waste about 5 minutes going through this stupidity. I was just noticing over Christmas how much I enjoyed the DL version. And now we have to endure the multi-spiel on both coasts. Just really really lame.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

Seems like some sort of boarding gate might become an option. If people can't get to the tram after the "no boarding" call, it should be easier to keep people from boarding when they're not supposed to board.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    This is such a lame policy, for no other reason than hypervigilant lawyering.
    It's not always the lawyers' fault. I blame the stupid people who do stupid things and then blame other people for their own stupid actions. Frivolous lawsuits are a time and money sucking vortex.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I agree with you. But this is such a blatant case of legalistic overkill. The current method of starting up a tram is completely safe, and I can't imagine a scenario where anyone would think that they need to do more. It's just silly.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I was there yesterday and they appear to have gone back to normal.