Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd level questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    Oh, thanks so much. That's do-able -- I was picturing a 10, and wondering if it would be worth it. Now I feel less panicky about it!
    I don't think I've seen a higher forecast for DL than DCA since the day Cars Land opened. If that is accurate it should be a nice time.
    Joey

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    I don't think I've seen a higher forecast for DL than DCA since the day Cars Land opened. If that is accurate it should be a nice time.
    If you're referring to the Touringplan crowd calendar, then even today DL has a higher number than DCA. That being said, I don't think a 4 at DL is equal to a 4 at DCA. I think the forecasts are meant more for comparing different days in the same park.
    Perpetually planning for the next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich78 View Post
    If you're referring to the Touringplan crowd calendar, then even today DL has a higher number than DCA. That being said, I don't think a 4 at DL is equal to a 4 at DCA. I think the forecasts are meant more for comparing different days in the same park.
    Yep, it must have finally caught up at least from all my trips last year and in January I'd see DCA at more around 8 when DL was at 4-6. I always think of it as percentage since its based on 1-10, so 40% capacity vs. 70%. Obviously there is more to do at DL even when there are more people in it (provided the rids are all reopened). All that said I don't see Touring as being 100% accurate, just a guide to help project. Many times I've been in a park that showed a 9 for the day, but I would rate it as more of a 2 until about 1030 or 11am.
    Joey

We've changed our dates by one day to June 4th and June 5th. The Fairfield is completely booked, which makes me nervous. Meaning, the parks are already starting to fill up and its beginning of summer. But it still seems so early to me! LAUSD schools are out June 3rd. Still, I hope both parks won't be mobbed on both days. The numerical forecast posted upthread was a 7 for DL for June 3rd, I think. And I think a 4 for DCA. I hope they don't go up on the 4th and 5th!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    We've changed our dates by one day to June 4th and June 5th. The Fairfield is completely booked, which makes me nervous. Meaning, the parks are already starting to fill up and its beginning of summer. But it still seems so early to me! LAUSD schools are out June 3rd. Still, I hope both parks won't be mobbed on both days. The numerical forecast posted upthread was a 7 for DL for June 3rd, I think. And I think a 4 for DCA. I hope they don't go up on the 4th and 5th!!
    Arizona schools are out before Memorial day. I already know a few who are running over there before others schools get out.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

G is asking how bad the Mother's day crowds are?

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    G is asking how bad the Mother's day crowds are?
    I'll be there tomorrow. I'm hoping it won't be too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandgirl View Post
    I'll be there tomorrow. I'm hoping it won't be too bad!

So how is/was it?
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

G said they waited 50 minutes for RSR around 4. The posted time was 80.

Was mommyTo2Boys

So June 2-4, or July 8-10? Taking 1 last trip before my AP expires. Red Lion is cheaper in the July dates, by $10.

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

Quote Originally Posted by MommyTo3Boys1Girl View Post
    So June 2-4, or July 8-10? Taking 1 last trip before my AP expires. Red Lion is cheaper in the July dates, by $10.

I would go in June since most schools are still in session. Those aren't grad night days either, although you could still have school groups. We went the week of June 13 in 2011; it was not too crowded and that was with Star Tours and Mermaid just opening.

Not that our 40 kids will make that big of an impact, but our school will be there those dates in June. Most likely other school groups as well. I would still go with the June dates over the July ones though. The weather should be a bit milder and crowds should be lower.

Was mommyTo2Boys

I am leaning toward June too because I want to bring the little guy again & he would still be free. Touring plans also shows June with lower crowds. So even though hotel is $10/night more, it is less than a park hopper for him.

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

That is an excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    So how is/was it?
    It was as expected. Pretty busy because it was a weekend. I don't think the Mothers Day holiday affected the crowds at all.

I am a little confused that the week of Memorial day including both Memorial day and Saturday June 1 the park hours are 9 to 11 (8 for Memorial day itself).
    Summer hours appear to kick in on Sunday June 2. 8 to midnight for the rest of the month. Now, I am a little scared. The last time I went on the 8th grade trip it was fairly calm. Midnight, on a Tuesday, I haven't done that since I was 20. I am a bit excited we have Fantasmic, especially since I was not expecting it. But quite scared as well.

I'm looking at going June 6-8. On Sun-Th that week, the parks open at 8am; on Friday and Saturday, they open at 9. Same closing time on all days. Is that normal?

I was wondering about that also. It is a bit weird that the weekend open time is later than the weekday open times.

Just a crowd update. We were there May 17th and May 18th. May 17th was a grad night, and both parks were crowded, but not unbearably so. Maybe a 5 or 6 on Friday, May 17th? We don't ride Space, or Matterhorn, or Splash. But Pirates had the longest line, 45 minutes. Haunted Mansion was 15 minutes, Autopia 30 minutes. So it wasn't bad. We had dinner at Rancho del Zocalo, during the height of the dinner hour, and we waited maybe 10 minutes to place our order at the food counter. There were definitely many, many teens in the park. They were fun to be with, though, and none of them were rude or overly boisterous. In fact, we saw several families deconstruct into screaming matches -- but none of the teens. Saturday was more crowded than Friday, but still, it wasn't terrible. I didn't feel uncomfortable or anxious, and if one ride had a long line, we just moved along to something else, and then went back to it later. DCA was fine, too. I loved Carsland. It was our first time there. Again, the crowd level was not bad, maybe a 5 at the most.

Was mommyTo2Boys

I too was wondering about those dates in June, & the later opening times on the weekend, thinking of going 7-9.

It's evident DCA is going to stick with a 10pm close through summer. Whose idea is that? As recently as early January, DCA was open til 11 for peak crowds.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    It's evident DCA is going to stick with a 10pm close through summer. Whose idea is that? As recently as early January, DCA was open til 11 for peak crowds.
    What makes you say that? 10pm is so early for the summer!!!!
    Summer trip here I come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsdisney68 View Post
    What makes you say that? 10pm is so early for the summer!!!!
    The daily calendar schedule on the Disney website lists 10 pm as the DCA closing time throughout June. I didn't check July's closing times, but I'll take MM's word for it. Keep in mind, Disney can make changes to the schedule any time, so keep watching the calendar for park hours.

Calendar is up for the next six weeks.

I didn't take it as a good sign they're not even scheduling extended DCA hours for 4th of July.

here it is

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

Wow kind of crazy! !!I'm sure there would be a high demand to stay open till midnight! !! Either way Ill make the most of my July trip

Summer trip here I come!!!