Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd level questions

I didn't realize it was still spring break. I'm going to DL this Saturday, April 11th. Crowd levels on the Mouse Planet forecast are 8/10. What does this mean -- hypothetically -- in terms of waiting in line for Pirates or Haunted Mansion? 30 minutes, 45 minutes? I am planning to mainly walk around the park, have meals, shop, watch the parade, and maybe go on those two rides. I just want to be there -- not rush from ride to ride. Am worried I'll be crushed by a sheer volume of people on the walkways, though.

2. # ADS

The Touringplans.com website is pretty cool, though not always accurate. I don't have a subscription, but they have plenty of stuff for free. If you go to attractions you can click on any attraction and they give you a cool little chart with estimated wait times based on each of their numerical ratings (those used on MP forecasts).

Pirates of the Caribbean looks like a 12-20 minute wait on average for an 8/10 day http://touringplans.com/disneyland/a...-the-caribbean

Haunted Mansion looks a little longer about 15-25 minutes http://touringplans.com/disneyland/a...aunted-mansion

I enjoy poking around their site. On their main crowd level page they tell you how they did with ride time estimates compared to actual during yesterday's operating day. It's pretty cool, and they are pretty close. Yesterday they were only one minute off on Pirates.

I was wondering what would be good dates in August? This is a trip that was to be in May 2014 for my 70's birthday, then Sept 2014, then Feb 2015 and finally we got a date for August 21 to the 28. Now we have to cancel those dates, so how bad is it the couple of weeks before.

Blog Entries

Grad Night - Crowd Level

We're visiting the park on May 17th and 18th....a Grad Night will be held on the 18th....what are the crowd levels like during one of those? One forecast I read is that the crowd level will be a 6 on the days we'll be there.....

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"

Help me compare crowds: Dec 18-23 or Jan 1-7. Group 10 adults and 15 "kids" ages 18 months-16 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Help me compare crowds: Dec 18-23 or Jan 1-7. Group 10 adults and 15 "kids" ages 18 months-16 yrs.
    Wow, This is a tough one. I would think the closer to the Dec 18th would probably be the best. Perhaps some schools are not on break yet and people are waiting to go right before or after Christmas.

Good luck
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Of the days given, Jan 1 is absolute gate closures. In addition to the normal throngs, you have Rose bowl and parade teams, bands, cheerleaders, parents......

I would vote for before the Christmas holiday. For all the reasons candles said + lots of people get Disney of Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by josephfive View Post
    I would vote for before the Christmas holiday. For all the reasons candles said + lots of people get Disney of Christmas.
    It looks like this may be our only option anyways. My niece and nephews go back to school Jan 5.

Our family usually plans our trip for about the second week of June. Crowds and weather usually aren't too bad considering. This year we are going in mid-July, specifically to be there on the actual 60th Anniv day. It's a Friday and obviously will be busy since it's summer and the 60th Anniv, that aside, how is the weather and crowds at that time? When we go in June it's usually not really hot at all. I think some of my So Cal family referred to the weather as June Gloom. Crowds? Busier than July or the same?

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Our family usually plans our trip for about the second week of June. Crowds and weather usually aren't too bad considering. This year we are going in mid-July, specifically to be there on the actual 60th Anniv day. It's a Friday and obviously will be busy since it's summer and the 60th Anniv, that aside, how is the weather and crowds at that time? When we go in June it's usually not really hot at all. I think some of my So Cal family referred to the weather as June Gloom. Crowds? Busier than July or the same?
    It will be hotter than June for sure. I would guess busier too, especially on the anniversary day. We've been at different times in June and do not find it that busy. I think July is busier than June, but I've only been once in July.

We're going during that time as well. there's also grad night to consider, so it'll be busier late afternoon and at night and possibly during the day but nor sure how much.

which week would be less crowded and better to visit

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to plan a vacation to Disneyland in late August or early September before Labor Day. I'm thinking either 8/24-8/27 or 8/31-9/3. Can you let me know if one of these weeks would be the best to pick in terms of crowds.

Thanks so much for your help!

well, here is the beauty of that September week. When I helps folks in Oregon plan for their Disneyland trip, there is always talk of that last week in August, before school starts. Across the boards, folks talk of that last week of august. This year, there is a whole week in September before labor day and i don't think folks have targeted those days. I would go with the September days based solely on the the fact that it is rare this 2015 to have labor day so far out and all that empty space before..

I like the 8/31 dates. Everyone will be back in school, minus UC students. And it should be before Arizona and Utah fall break and when year round schools go off track.

Thanks to both of you for your input. I'll plan for the 8/31 dates-so excited:-)

83 days last payment on the trip paid photo pass plus ordered parking passes for our last day where it is just the wife and i ordered now a short but long 83 days.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are for the crowds for the Monday after New Years 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by kohl View Post
    I'm wondering what your thoughts are for the crowds for the Monday after New Years 2016?
    I'd like to know too. We will be there that week.

"Is It Packed"

Any thoughts/opinions on the "Is It Packed" crowd calendar website?

Quote Originally Posted by nicoseasev View Post
    Any thoughts/opinions on the "Is It Packed" crowd calendar website?
    I have looked at it and it seems fairly accurate on our last two trips.

It's free and that is a good thing in my book

Friday Sept 18th

Touring Plans give the parks a 2 and 3

Isitpacked gives it a "yes it packed"

Any idea why the pretty large difference?

I believe that is Dapper Day, so yes quite busy.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I believe that is Dapper Day, so yes quite busy.
    Yes it's Dapper Day

Adding, I believe your difference is Touring plans uses a numerical algorithm, that doesn't take events into consideration, just historical data.
    While the other answer looks human generated, one that looks at a calendar and says OH EVENT.
    We were there on Dapper Day last Fall, it also happned to be the same Friday Halloween started, so the Mansion was opened that day. Busy isn't a strong enough word.