Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd level questions

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Um, I graduated in 89 and had my grad nite at Disneyland. I don't think they are going anywhere.
    Little late to join in here, but my Mom graduated in 1964. She's at her 50th Class Reunion right now. She went to Grad Night in DL in 1964! They've been around awhile and I'm sure they'll be around for longer.
    Elizabeth & Matt, established 2008 *Katie born 2/2010 *Josie born 2/2012 *Jayson born 3/2015
    AP holder 2010-2016, Disneyland fan since the '80s
    WDW *1984 (or maybe 1983), *2013

2. # ADS

Thoughts on April 6-10, 2015? That's our spring break. I see that Easter is April 5th, so how busy are we talking? We've been at Christmas a few times, so we can handle crowds, just want to be prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by korikelly View Post
    Thoughts on April 6-10, 2015? That's our spring break. I see that Easter is April 5th, so how busy are we talking? We've been at Christmas a few times, so we can handle crowds, just want to be prepared!
    I'd say less than Christmas week, but more than summer. Spring breaks can vary widely between school districts but the majority are the week before of after Easter unless Easter falls really late like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I'd say less than Christmas week, but more than summer. Spring breaks can vary widely between school districts but the majority are the week before of after Easter unless Easter falls really late like last year.
    Arizona spring breaks are in the middle of March this year
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    I was there for that! Even though it was a long time ago, I remember it like it was yesterday.
    You didn't go to Golden Sierra did you? I thought it was funny that the school I would have gone to, in the Bay Area, was there the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    Maybe I'm not a good judge of crowd levels, but the estimate for yesterday (and today) was a 1 out of 10. We had planned our trip to DLR two months ago -- estimating low crowds because several big rides were down for the holiday overlays, and Halloween Time doesn't officially begin until tomorrow. But to me, the crowds were not a 1 by any means yesterday. They were more like a 4 or a 5. Was anyone else there -- ? I'd love to get another opinion on this, a comparison! Splash was 30 minutes, Peter Pan was 35 minutes -- I know those are shorter waits than normal. But for a day estimated as a 1? Seriously? Even Small World had a 15 minute wait. Pirates, too. Opinions?
    Your yesterday would have been Tuesday. Both Tuesday and Monday, we were able to get RSR FPs at 4 PM. I don't think it was all that busy. Splash was quite popular, as was Grizzly, because it was HOT! Many rides were walk on for us, including Thunder Mountain. Wednesday the whole west side lost power mid afternoon, so there were longer lines at other places. We "hit a wall" and left at 5 on Wednesday. Walked onto the Monorail to exit and had the whole car to ourselves.
    I think any day where Peter Pan is less than 40-45 minutes is a good day....Also remember that on lower crowd days there is less staff and less "cars" running on each ride so wait times won't be zero.
    This. Very much, this. Also, part of us rode Autopia and were back off the ride in about a half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by eabaldwin View Post
    Little late to join in here, but my Mom graduated in 1964. She's at her 50th Class Reunion right now. She went to Grad Night in DL in 1964! They've been around awhile and I'm sure they'll be around for longer.
    That is pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by korikelly View Post
    Whay Shannon says:
    We like a 2 week buffer around Easter Sunday. But we don't mind pulling the kids from school, and it works for other scheduling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    We like a 2 week buffer around Easter Sunday. But we don't mind pulling the kids from school, and it works for other scheduling as well.
    Thanks for the advice everybody! We've taken the kids out of school before, but this is DD's first year of high school, and she has a couple of AP classes. She'd never catch up

Love me some Disneyland! binky0814's Avatar

Hello Everyone!

My son and I are planning a trip the day after Martin Luther King 2015. Any read on the crowds AFTER a holiday? It will be the third Tuesday in January...

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binky0814 View Post
    Hello Everyone!

My son and I are planning a trip the day after Martin Luther King 2015. Any read on the crowds AFTER a holiday? It will be the third Tuesday in January...

Thanks!!!
    That's also Star Wars marathon weekend. I'm not sure how many runners extend their trip.

Love me some Disneyland! binky0814's Avatar
    That's also Star Wars marathon weekend. I'm not sure how many runners extend their trip.
    Oh! Thank you! Hopefully, they will have cleared out by Tuesday.

What are we thinking for Columbus day weekend? Crazy?

I'm finding a short supply of rooms to be booked so that may be a sign...

We're thinking checking in Friday and checking out on Sunday?

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Avengers race weekend

Can anyone tell me there thoughts on how busy the park will be during the Avengers race Nov. 14-16?? Booked a trip and realized it is that same weekend. Are crowd levels? Just 2 adults going!!

Since this is the first race weekend at this time of year there's only guesses. Since its also the first weekend of the holiday season I'd expect it to be pretty busy.

Blog Entries

Because the "Holiday Seasosn" opens that weekend, by past history I would say it was going to be packed. Add Avengers on top, it is going to be extremely busy.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by curtsinore View Post
    The crowd calendar is scaled numerically ranking 1- 10. 1-3 rates the park as empty (expect to walk on smaller attractions, wait time for e-attractions are 30-45 mins), 4-6 finds the park at off season (expect to wait 5-15 mins for smaller attractions, wait time for e attractios are 45-90 mins), 7- 8 is a crowded park and 9- 10 means the park is for experience only and any ride or show is a bonus (expect to wait 15-30 mins for smaller attractions, wait time for larger riders are 90-180 mins).

After jumping around different sites, the above best fits your day
    Oh, this was so helpful! Thank you very much for posting/explaining the number and crowds in this way. Yes, this was our experience then. I had expected almost all of our favorite rides to be walk-ons, or with a 5 to 10 minute wait, and ditto for the crowds walking around the parks, too -- so I was surprised when this didn't happen. I can't go on Splash or Thunder Mountain, etc., because of my vertigo -- I am always worried the sharp turns on these rides will trigger it (yep, teacups is out!). And I'm afraid of roller coaster type rides. Anyway, I can't thank you enough for explaining it so well!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    Maybe I'm not a good judge of crowd levels, but the estimate for yesterday (and today) was a 1 out of 10. We had planned our trip to DLR two months ago -- estimating low crowds because several big rides were down for the holiday overlays, and Halloween Time doesn't officially begin until tomorrow. But to me, the crowds were not a 1 by any means yesterday. They were more like a 4 or a 5. Was anyone else there -- ? I'd love to get another opinion on this, a comparison! Splash was 30 minutes, Peter Pan was 35 minutes -- I know those are shorter waits than normal. But for a day estimated as a 1? Seriously? Even Small World had a 15 minute wait. Pirates, too. Opinions?
    We visited that Saturday, and it was sooo much less crowded than our late June visit. We did experience a lot of walkons and short waits. It was HOT, so that may have been part of it. We went to Haunted Mansion Holiday first and then Splash because it was so warm. While DD and I walked onto Splash, DH took our 1yo son on Pooh three times. BTMR had a relatively short wait too. We were there for Halloween stuff, so we didn't spend much time at Fantasyland. We did wait for Alice since it was closed in June. That was our longest wait of the day, about 20 minutes. We also hopped over to DCA and experienced walk-ons there as well. GRR had a long wait, we got FP, but it was HOT so I would expect people to want to ride it. We walked on to Mater's Jamboree twice as a family, and my DH also took our son on it again twice while DD and I were on GRR since our son LOVED it and was finally tall enough. DH rode TOT with minimal wait too. He finished with it before we finished the Bugs Life film. Overall, I did not consider the park to be busy that Saturday at all. I do not know what it was rated. Our upcoming trip, December 1 and 2, is rated a 3. I think it will likely be busier than that, but will still be less busy than our June visit since it's a Monday and Tuesday during school season. Should be less hot than the September trip too.

Any thoughts on days and weekend after NYE? Deluxe AP calendar doesn't have that weekend blacked out, but some kids will still be out of school. Thank you!

Am meeting a childhood friend at DL and spending the night -- Friday, 11/21. This is the only day/night she'll be able to meet me and go to the park. I figure the lines will be long, but do you think -- will it be crazy busy?

So I see that the forecast is 4 out of 10. That is not going to happen!!! We didn't even have a 6 in 2007. Friday before Thanksgiving week is crowded with local folks tying up holiday ends before taking off. Two hour waits for parade and fireworks. Then you have folks, like me, flying in from parts unknown on Thursday the 20th because it is the the cheapest day of the next 11 days (except black Friday is cheap) So I am in the park that Friday, leaving S/S for the locals, then back to weekdays up to Thanksgiving. Folks pulling kids out of school on Friday, traveling all Thursday night to be in the park Friday. Of the four non holiday week days of Thanksgiving, Friday before seems to have no commitment, so a family time to visit the park without interrupting the rest of the holiday plans of other family members.

Quote Originally Posted by curtsinore View Post
    So I see that the forecast is 4 out of 10. That is not going to happen!!!
    So, Curtsinore, are you saying it will be a 7 -- or more -- this Friday, November 21? It looks like my friend is going to Universal that day and will be back at dinnertime with her daughter. I reserved a hotel room, and can either cancel the whole trip, or spend the day alone in Disneyland and meet her for dinner, and maybe the fireworks. I don't mind spending the day there. I've done this before, and I've had a nice time. I don't usually go on more than 1 or 2 rides, and spend most of the time shopping, listening to the live music, meeting some characters, having coffee, a nice lunch, etc. Just being there. But if it's going to be uncomfortably crowded, then maybe I'll rethink this and save my ticket for next year . . . during a much less crowded weekday. Just curious what you think the crowd level will really be?

so, knowing how you visit now, visit the park.

You are not focused on rides and a frequent visitor, you should be able to accomplish your holiday wishes.

What is going to happen in the park, are folks very intent on rides and meet and greets. Very little casual walking but intent on arriving. Safe places to hang out would be Main street and there is so much happening there that you may never leave Main Street. Tree lighting, flag lowering, castle lighting from a distance, bands, acts, .

One big tip for you is venture out to the floral Mickey. Last year that a 4 pc band playing seasonal music to the side of the mickey. I listen to them each time we stopped at Main Street. Yes, I rode around several times because I was tired and didn't want to wade thru the folks.

On my next visit, I am going to spend a day taking in holiday Main street, so many piop-up surprises. Stay away from POC intersection and Adventured land and all should be good. However, do vist NOS / NBC overlay early for photo opps but plan to be out of the area by noon. splash is also a very empty area with some minor decor and may catch the pooh gang.

You're right, Friday started out relatively empty and gradually became more crowded as the hours went on. I did spend a great deal of time on Main Street! I never even stepped foot into Tomorrowland. I snagged a good spot for the Christmas parade just ten minutes before it started, and went on one ride (Haunted Mansion) before lunchtime, with just a 20 minute wait. By the time I got off the ride, the wait was 35 minutes. I did walk over towards Splash Mountain area -- I liked seeing Pooh's Christmas tree. In fact, I spent a lot of time taking pictures of all the beautiful holiday decorations. New Orleans Square became busier and busier -- and by the time I left DLR for dinner at Storyteller's, it was pretty crowded (for me). But after dinner, we saw Fantasmic -- and the cast member allowed us to stand in a "reserved" area for some reason. The whole area was packed around Rivers of America -- and there was no real rhyme or reason for her to let us stand there, but we were happy. I didn't go into the park on Saturday (today) at all. The lines were long at the entrance, and even DTD was crowded -- I just went shopping, and then went home. I'm glad I went, and I'd probably go again -- as I've been avoiding the holiday time for years.

I'm so glad that you went. Holidays, although very crowded, have provided us with some of the best times at DLR.

Crowd levels for the week after Thanks Giving 2014

Just looking for some feedback.

Next year we may go during this time. Just wondering what the crowd levels are like this year. Please post info on wait times for rides and such on this thread.

The last time we went the week after Thanksgiving was about 3-4 years ago and it was pretty busy. Wait times for most rides were in the 30-40 minute wait time.

Touring plans is giving the park 3's for this week and a 4 for Friday. Accurate??

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

i will help you with your project by looking at the many trip planning sites.

One report so far today, for Monday the 1st, forecast was a 4, currently at noon is a 7, however it rained yesterday, everyone looked soggy and slow on Sunday. Today, Monday the 1st, 2014 is dreary, should be an 8 by 2:00 as folks making up for yesterday before they fly out on Tuesday.

Well this morning Southern California made the national news with the major rainstorm coming inland for the next 24 hours. So wet, that I doubt few folks are prepared for their visit to Disneyland, so the week is a wash and historically insignificant.

What the week will do is reinforce is that it rains during Christmas at Disneyland. So this rain, a now very crowded Dec 2014 and expected as much crowds for 2015 will leave Christmas 2016 an empty ghost town. The extra week is back, folks on these sites writing that Christmas is wet and crowded, nobody shows up at Disneyland 2016, just like July 4th of 2014, so much bad press that folks just didn't show up.

Christmas 2016 a whole new Holiday experience at Disneyland. I will be there and enjoying the emptiness of if all.