Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Crowd level questions

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    Touring Plans says:
    Wednesday 2/10 (Value)
    Thursday 2/10 (Value)
    Friday 5/10 (Regular)
    Thanks

and shhhhhhh lets not let anyone else know.....
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Thanks

and shhhhhhh lets not let anyone else know.....
    Right? lol We are projected for a 3 & 4 next week, but lots of restaurants are out of reservations so I'm worried.

Anybody been lately or there now? By the looks of hotel availability, it doesn't appear to be crazy busy yet.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Anybody been lately or there now? By the looks of hotel availability, it doesn't appear to be crazy busy yet.
    My daughter was in Ca Adventure on last Friday and said it was not too bad but not empty

15 years ago I posted to Mouse Planet the suggestion that the annual passport was then, and remains more so today, the root cause of Disneyland overcrowding. My open letter to then park president Cynthia Harriss was met with howls of derision both large and long ... but if you scroll through the remarks you'll find Disney Fan Emeritus Kevin Yee agreed. I still find it unconscionable that an 8 year old from out of town be made to wait in interminably long lines behind pass-holders who often visit once or twice a week. Regards, Joseph Pujol.

a little crowded today.jpg

I don't mind the annual pass, but they've made it so affordable, and so easy to buy with monthly payments, that far too many people can easily get one. I think with recent price increases they're realizing this, and taking steps to cut the number back.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I will agree that it is crowded and that the convenience of annual pass holders ability to "drop by" for a quick ride, meal or parade helps out. there is a humorous guide book put out by a comedian that includes numerous references to just going to Carthy Circle for drinks or a meal. but there are possibly more reasons including an improved economy that allows people to go to the park. I would say the real noticeable effect is that normally low season times are not so low. my wife and I would go the first full week of December during the weekdays. not empty but plenty of room to move around. we went in 2015 and found the opposite. cast members said that there was not any down time in 2015 but did not elaborate on the cause. there was some dark humor in a person in an electric scooter face-to-face with a double-wide stroller in grid-lock. I am looking for other times to go although I will miss the holiday decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirtcrewman View Post
    . cast members said that there was not any down time in 2015 but did not elaborate on the cause.
    60th Anniversay and it's new entertainment that came with it.

nixsys, I do agree with you that the annual passport availability has lead to more overcrowding. What I disagree with you about is that more importance is placed on the child that has come from out of town over someone who has an AP. They have both paid the price of admission and have the same right to be there.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

Easter -- crowds

(as of January 2017).
    Please advise.
    You know the school schedules better than I do.

Q. What weeks of EASTER (in 2017 is it April 16) are the most crowded?

(I will schedule myself outside those two weeks, accordingly.)

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

Busiest is the week before and week after, though spring breaks start for many schools in mid March.

We usually try to avoid the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after Easter for anything longer than a short visit. This seems to work every year for the most part. I think we learned this from candles.

Blog Entries

April 9-20

Planning 3 trips at once...

I have read that Superbowl Sunday and Christmas day are two of the most crowded days. However, I read that the Superbowl only effects Sunday, not the whole weekend. I guess a bunch of moms and kids and people who don't want to watch the game.

Last two weeks of March are breaks for Washington and Oregon state. Some schools in California, Arizona and Utah are on a year round schedule and/or take a week off around Easter.
    When we plan a trip, I always see what conventions are going on in Anaheim. I do NOT want to ever be at Disneyland when 100's of cheerleaders are at the convention center. I also don't want to go at the end of May or beginning of June when they have grad nights. A few years ago they started giving the grads a 1 day pass along with their all night party.

Any reason why June 21 and 22 are blocked out for SoCal APs, but June 14-15 and 28-29 are not (same days, just week earlier and later)?

I ask because we're trying to pick a week in June to visit, and in theory if SoCal APs are blocked, 21-22 should be less crowded?

Quote Originally Posted by ham View Post
    Any reason why June 21 and 22 are blocked out for SoCal APs, but June 14-15 and 28-29 are not (same days, just week earlier and later)?

I ask because we're trying to pick a week in June to visit, and in theory if SoCal APs are blocked, 21-22 should be less crowded?
    It's just the beginning of summer blockouts. The lower level passes are blocked that week and I believe the week before too. After that next week they're blocked for the remainder of summer. We are hoping those days will be less crowded as we'll be there that week. I do worry about Sunday & Monday being super busy, especially Sunday. Sundays are busy in the summer and that Sunday is the last night for the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Trying to decide between...
    Saturday, 10/21 to Wednesday, 10/25/2017
    - or -
    Wednesday, 10/25 to Sunday, 10/29/2017.

I realize that UEA can/will affect the parks during that first weekend.
    I also see that Nevada Day may affect the parks on the second weekend.
    Both time frames include a Halloween party, which we will likely not attend.

Any advice or pearls of wisdom from those who have experienced both?

wednesday morning will be the best time in the park and your date choices prove why, most folks go thursday Sunday or friday monday, , trying to bookend the visit with weekend days as part of the employment vacation time, whereas your times are flexible.

If you go the 25th, you will be rested, that is, if your Wednesday is a full day. If you go on the 21 and it is a half day, then not so wasted, also you only have one T day, that being Tuesday, so Sunday, monday and Wednesday are even entrances into Disneyland..where as on the 25 start you have two T days.

so....? are you an early riser to take advantage of non T days at Disneyland?

What is that you plan to do at Disneyland, E attractions or more of a texture visitor?

I have never visited that late into October, but with the expanding MHPs and quick sell outs, there may be an increase in day crowding because of night closures due to MHP, so the past couple of years, has made October a rough month to visit....so my advice...it is all about Wednesday morning and how you can use that to its full advantage

Wanted to go to DL for my daughters bday the week of Jan. 20th. Prices are more that week than the first week of January, which I found strange. I thought $ (and crowds) would be worse the first week since many schools are still on winter break. Guessing the week of the 20th might be affected by Lunar NewcYear. ? Anyone know if that is accurate? I want to go when it will be less crowded.

Does anyone know what is going on Oct. 14-15th? other than Halloween Time? All Disney hotels are sold out and most of the ones around the park are over $250/night. Don't see a big convention either.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLynn View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on Oct. 14-15th? other than Halloween Time? All Disney hotels are sold out and most of the ones around the park are over $250/night. Don't see a big convention either.
    There is a Halloween party on the 13th, so maybe people coupling that with a weekend stay?

Holy smokes was Friday and Saturday (10/6/17 and 10/7/17) busy. I knew it was going to be busy based on Touring Plans but I've never, ever seen it so busy, even the day I was there when it reached capacity. Even POTC had over an hour wait. We worked around it by going super early and going back to the hotel swimming and resting from 1 - 5. The nighttime we just took really slow and used Fastpasses from earlier in the day.

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    Holy smokes was Friday and Saturday (10/6/17 and 10/7/17) busy. I knew it was going to be busy based on Touring Plans but I've never, ever seen it so busy, even the day I was there when it reached capacity. Even POTC had over an hour wait. We worked around it by going super early and going back to the hotel swimming and resting from 1 - 5. The nighttime we just took really slow and used Fastpasses from earlier in the day.
    Think it is because of Monday being the holiday for Columbus?

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Think it is because of Monday being the holiday for Columbus?
    That's what we were thinking but then realized our daughter has school today. My husband works for government and has to work today as well. We knew about it being gay days but didn't really see a whole lot of red shirts so I don't think that was it. Who knows, just a really busy day I guess.
    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland