Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Peacock Wall Hanging in New Orleans Square

Peacock Wall Hanging in New Orleans Square

There is a beautiful peacock wall hanging on a back wall in New Orleans Square. What building is it attached to? Is it near the perfume shop?

I took a photo of it and now I'm wondering how to describe the location.

Thanks!

2. # ADS

I am not sure I remember it, probably have looked at it a zillion times and not realized it. That is what I love about Disney, so much detail that just makes the magic and it all blends in so nicely. I will try and look for it when I go next but I am not sure when that is. I am about an hour from there. It sounds like it might be by the Court of Angels or Club 33? Can you post a link to the photo here? I would love to see. Maybe others could help if they saw it too.

~Christina~

I looked for it and found it right by the Masquerade d'Orleans shop which is now a pin shop. It is on the wall behind a bench just to the right of the store. I looked everywhere for it and was so excited when I finally found it. I did not get a photo though since there were some people sitting on the bench at the time.

~Christina~

Mom2, THANKS so much for looking for it! I am excited that you found it! Isn't it stunning?! One of the many reasons why I love Disneyland is because there are so many details if you just take the time to slow down and absorb it all.

One of my favorite things to do is go to New Orleans Square on my last day, first thing when I get to the park, when everyone else is running to their favorite ride. NOS is pretty empty at that time and I feel like I have it all to myself. That's when I found the peacock! Can't wait until my next trip -- wonder what I'll discover for the "first" time?!

Glad I could help, but wish I had gotten a photo of it! No matter how many times I have been to Disneyland, I always feel like there is more to see. I think that even if I am ever too old to ride the rides that I can sit and enjoy so many more of the details that are just "hiding" in plain sight just like the hidden mickeys!

~Christina~

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Donna View Post
    Mom2, THANKS so much for looking for it! I am excited that you found it! Isn't it stunning?! One of the many reasons why I love Disneyland is because there are so many details if you just take the time to slow down and absorb it all.

One of my favorite things to do is go to New Orleans Square on my last day, first thing when I get to the park, when everyone else is running to their favorite ride. NOS is pretty empty at that time and I feel like I have it all to myself. That's when I found the peacock! Can't wait until my next trip -- wonder what I'll discover for the "first" time?!
    Have you seen the hidden Walt in the crystal shop at NOS?
    "Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

No; where is he? I love the crystal shop!

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Go into the Crystal shop and face the doors towards Frontierland (if I remember right) and look up. There is a crystal/mirror item up above with Walt's head.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."