Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Free dining in 2014?

Free dining in 2014?

How likely do we think it is that the free dining for visitors from the UK will be offered in 2014? This has been a major influence in our decision to visit WDW in 2011, 2012 and 2013 but I'm not sure that (financially) we can keep this up!

We have the collective backbone of an ameoba, and if free dining is offered, we use that as a pathetic excuse to visit annually at the moment. But I hate the thought of it ending!

Anyone have any theories/rumours?

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

2. # ADS

Free dining in 2014?

I have a fact. 2013 free dining offered now is only quick service at moderates AND deluxes. As for last couple of years, zilcho at values.

This is a post about free dining offered from the UK.

Also my friend. Have you checked out 2013 flight prices from the UK? Ugly.....

I actually think we too might now have been priced out. 8,000 plus spends for a two week family holiday is just too much

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I had to check out what we had already got booked for November this year as you made me panic then! I checked the official website and you are correct, they are only offering us the QS dining plan now, even if you book at a moderate or deluxe! So I would imagine it is highly unlikely we are going to get anything for next year then. My booking, made in May last year, does appear to offer us the regular dining plan though, so I think they have just changed the goal posts.

Yes, I checked out the flight prices just before Christmas - over 1000 each at the moment!!! Yikes!! What happened to the days when we used to be able to go for 400 each??

This may be our last visit for a while then, if the free dining goes then the flight prices just make it prohibitive as an annual event. Drat. (To put it mildly!).

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Free dining in 2014?

Yeah you are right. I am kicking self VERY hard for not booking for 2013 when it was regular free dining at the Deluxes. I so nearly did it too....... I have been trawling airlines. All horrible prices, even with two lay overs. I would say for you though, given you are not stuck with school holidays, I've found some flights under 600 both ways on Virgin Atlantic at random times for periods of 10 plus days (never quite 14). They've started to price it as flights each way..... It's worth trawling it every day for each new date that comes up if you can fly 'any' time. I'm doing it just to torture myself We can't even do Easter now the Fish is 14, it's big study holiday for the next 2 years I have recently discovered.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Free dining in 2014?

Silver cat. It just cost me 900 to upgrade from free QS to regular dining for 4 of us (all over 10). So that's gonna cost you about 400 if you booked now and did the same. We are staying 15 nights so I'm guessing a bit. I think 5th Feb is the cut off for 2013 packages and the big discounts of OKW and SS villas have gone

Thanks Scooby. I already have November 2013 booked with the standard dining plan locked in. I was thinking about 2014, but I don't think it is gonna happen ...... :-(

Silvercat