Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

[QUOTE=rph13;1785560]Dan we have to time our trips to Coral reef, I always ask for a table AWAY from the glass! DD(15) and I tend to get sea sick if we sit too close [QUOTE]

Oh my goodness --- I thought I was the only one! Whenever we went there (admittedly it's not been a place we've gone to on the last 2 or 3 trips because, frankly, I think the menu could really use a freshening up in my opinion) I always ask to sit in the middle or upper tier areas. They always seems relieved, I guess they get a lot of requests for down by the glass!
    I've always found the sitting a bit away from the glass provides me with a better view of all that is going on, as well as being a relief from the "car sick" feeling.

2. # ADS

Hey, there! I'm new to the WDW side of things. We are DL regulars, but we're making our way to Orlando next month. I was able to score some reservations this late in the game. DH and I like to have reservations for dinner so we don't have to wait so long to get a table. We have a breakfast package at our hotel (Shades of Green). We usually do counter service for lunch. So, we have me, my DH, our 2 girls (3 and 1), and my parents (for most nights). I hope that we are not over-ambitious with our reservations. Thoughts?

4/18-We arrive. Dinner @ Raglan Road at 6:30
    4/19-Day in AK. Dinner @ Yak & Yeti at 5:15
    4/20-We change hotels and my parents arrive. Dinner @ Cape May Cafe at 6:40
    4/21-Day in Epcot. Dinner @ Coral Reef at 4:05 (Thanks to this thread, I made this reservation. We're hoping to wait for a table right by the fishies!)
    4/22-Breakfast @ Ohana at 7:55am. DH and I are going up to St. Augustine for the night.
    4/23-? We are thinking of doing Blizzard Beach when DH and I get back. Will probably grab something there?
    4/24-No reservations. This is our day in the MK. Be Our Guest is all booked, so not sure where else to go in the MK.
    4/25-Day in DHS. Dinner @ The Hollywood Brown Derby at 5:55
    4/26-We leave super early in the am!

Elizabeth & Matt, established 2008 *Katie born 2/2010 *Josie born 2/2012 *Jayson born 3/2015
    AP holder 2010-2016, Disneyland fan since the '80s
    WDW *1984 (or maybe 1983), *2013

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

What time do you arrive? If there are travel delays, you may have to skip Raglan Road.

For MK, what about Crystal Palace? Pooh and friends characters. If that's not available, if you like the food option, Liberty Tree Tavern.

But I think your choices look great!

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    What time do you arrive? If there are travel delays, you may have to skip Raglan Road.

For MK, what about Crystal Palace? Pooh and friends characters. If that's not available, if you like the food option, Liberty Tree Tavern.

But I think your choices look great!
    MK day I agree with Drince. Crystal Palace is ace for really small children due to the characters. Very, very cute photos await you

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

On your MK day you could eat at any of the fine restaurants in the MK hotels, like the California Grill or The Wave in the Contemporary, Citrico's or Narcoosee's in the Grand Floridian, or 'Ohana in the Poly. They're all right on the monorail, which makes leaving the MK, eating, and then getting back into the park very easy.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

So I had my first experience today with the automated phone system for booking ADR's. The new, bloated, slow and gitchy website kept coming up with "Server Busy" today, so I called WDW-DINE, thinking I'd talk to a person. But the automated system kicked in and started asking me questions. Overall it worked pretty well, and I was able to book what I wanted for my September trip. The one location that it couldn't handle, nor could the live person that I was transferred to, was the California Grill, which is now closed for renovation. Everything I've read says that it'll be open for my trip at the end of September, and the nice lady on the phone confirmed that it should be open. But no tables to book have been put into the system, so I'll just have to keep trying back.

I knew I'd probably have difficulty with the CG booking, but I was generally pleased with the online automated system. But I'm fast becoming disgusted with the new online site, which has been sluggishly giving me errors for the past two days now.

- James Taylor

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Boo to these updates on slow servers. We are trying desperately to get to WDW when my soon-to-be-college Freshman gets home for Christmas vacation. Looking at menus again and having loads of fun. We're going to try and share meals and do more snacks to stretch the dollars, so here is where we stand as of today. Yes, it will change!!!

Bongo's (been here before, but it has been FOREVER)
    Afternoon Tea (my mom hasn't done this before!)
    Mama Melrose (kids' pick)
    Brown Derby (NEW)
    Kona Cafe (my pick)
    San Angel (group pick)
    Beaches & Cream (trying to save $$)

As you can see, not our normal food fest by ANY means. LOTS of counter, but interesting counter like Cooke's of Dublin YUMMY!!!! Budget trip is better than no trip!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Boo to these updates on slow servers. We are trying desperately to get to WDW when my soon-to-be-college Freshman gets home for Christmas vacation. Looking at menus again and having loads of fun. We're going to try and share meals and do more snacks to stretch the dollars, so here is where we stand as of today. Yes, it will change!!!

Bongo's (been here before, but it has been FOREVER)
    Afternoon Tea (my mom hasn't done this before!)
    Mama Melrose (kids' pick)
    Brown Derby (NEW)
    Kona Cafe (my pick)
    San Angel (group pick)
    Beaches & Cream (trying to save $$)

As you can see, not our normal food fest by ANY means. LOTS of counter, but interesting counter like Cooke's of Dublin YUMMY!!!! Budget trip is better than no trip!
    Sounds very yum and so lovely to hear you're taking your mum. I wish I could be there at the same time but I'm gonna live this trip in spirit with you

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Thanks She's pretty much footing the bill, so I am being VERY cost-conscious.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Tuesday 8/20- Arrival Day - 8:20 PM Whispering Canyon
    Wednesday 8/21- None
    Thursday 8/22-12:30 PM Biergarten
    Friday 8/23- 6:40 PM Sci-Fi Dine-In (I'm iffy on this one, I don't know that we will 1. last all day at DHS or 2. Take an afternoon break and come back I'm wondering if I should plan AK in the morning and then DHS in the evening.)
    Saturday 8/24- None so far. I want this to be our rest day/I'll take the nephews in the evening while my Bro and SIL have a date night
    Sunday 8/25- 1:15 PM Rose & Crown 8:55 PM Be Our Guest This day is iffy as well, this was the only day I got up early enough to get a BoG ADR. But I don't know that I want to do Epcot and MK on the same day.
    Monday 8/26- 5:00 PM Sanaa
    Tuesday 8/27- 8:30 AM Kona Cafe
    Wednesday 8/28- None. Departure day.

Looks good!

Ugh I realized yesterday that I had our moving resort day on the wrong day! We move on Sunday instead of Monday. That really screws up my plans as I wanted to do Sanaa as a dinner on that day, but that's the day of our BoG ADR!
    I did cancel the Rose & Crown ADR and made one for Sanaa lunch instead, but I'm leaving the dinner ADR on Monday alone for now. My plan was to go to AKL in the afternoon and check out the grounds/get settled and then have dinner before heading back out to a park. I supposed we can do that with the 2:10 PM lunch ADR I made since we have such a late dinner time at BoG, but it's not ideal. I know our luggage probably won't be at AKL that early.

Updates!
    Tuesday 8/20- Arrival Day - 8:20 PM Whispering Canyon
    Wednesday 8/21- 1:15 PM The Plaza
    Thursday 8/22-12:30 PM Biergarten
    Friday 8/23- 6:40 PM Sci-Fi Dine-In
    Saturday 8/24- None so far. I want this to be our rest day/I'll take the nephews in the evening while my Bro and SIL have a date night
    Sunday 8/25- 8:55 PM Be Our Guest
    Monday 8/26- 5:00 PM Sanaa
    Tuesday 8/27- 9:20 PM AM Kona Cafe
    Wednesday 8/28- None. Departure day.

I think I now have a final ADR list for August. I have made a few changes from when I posted before and also thought about some CS options too

August 2013

Friday 9th - after the chaos that appears to be Orlando airport immigration I dread to think what time we will get to our room (flight lands 6pm) so just Riverside Mill foodcourt.
    Saturday 10th - Crystal Palace for lunch with CS tea probably at Riverside Mill again as the children will want to swim.
    Sunday 11th - Be Our Guest for dinner - undecided CS at DHS for lunch.
    Monday 12th - Kouzzina for dinner and may explore the AK Lodge and stop at Mara for lunch as this is a shopping mall day.
    Tuesday 13th - Flame Tree BBQ for lunch and Yak and Yeti for dinner.
    Wednesday 14th - Sunshine Seasons for lunch and Teppan Edo for dinner.
    Thursday 15th - Earl of Sandwhich for lunch and Raglan Road for dinner.
    Friday 16th - Coral Reef for dinner and lunch at Aquatica.
    Saturday 17th - Fairfax Fare for lunch and Mama Melroses for dinner.
    Sunday 18th - France bakery for lunch and Garden Grill for dinner.
    Monday 19th - Be Our Guest for CS lunch and Ohana for dinner.
    Tuesday 20th - Blizzard Beach for lunch and Artist Point for dinner (DH's birthday).
    Wednesday 21st - 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Free day so lunch undecided.
    Thursday 22nd - Chef Mickey's for dinner and somewhere in AK for lunch.
    Friday 23rd - Discovery Cove for lunch and Boatwrights for dinner as we will need to pack, although I am seriously thinking of changing this to La Hacienda de San Angel.
    Saturday 24th - Riversdie Mill food court for breakfast then off to Sea World before flying home. Our flight doesn't leave until 8.30pm and I'm lokking for something good for lunch at Sea World.

Only 4 new places to try as we still pretty much go with what the children want but the above list has some of everyone's favourites.

YUM, Scoob!

Love the list ScoobyDooby!

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Blog Entries

I can't plan where I am going to be on what day. I just don't have the energy to do so!

On that note I just booked Garden Grill for our first day there on 8/29. We've never been and even though it is pretty darn expensive I've read good things so we will take the plunge and eat there!

Kristin

Blog Entries

We ate there for the first time last week. We all enjoyed the food, except that dessert was kinda meh. The way the tables are set up the Characters stand in front of your table and if you want pics you can go stand with them or a few times the Character just stood next to each of the kids on their end of the table (they are all half round booths). I would say it's not an every year kind of thing but I am glad we finally did it. It is neat the way the restaurant rotates around so you have a different view through the whole meal.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KJSJpipe View Post
    We ate there for the first time last week. We all enjoyed the food, except that dessert was kinda meh. The way the tables are set up the Characters stand in front of your table and if you want pics you can go stand with them or a few times the Character just stood next to each of the kids on their end of the table (they are all half round booths). I would say it's not an every year kind of thing but I am glad we finally did it. It is neat the way the restaurant rotates around so you have a different view through the whole meal.
    That's what I figured. Forgot about the characters so I guess that is an added bonus for 5 adults haha! I just want to say I did it.
    Kristin

We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at the Garden Grill although I agree desert was not a patch on the entree. It would be pretty easy to just wave the characters past you here if you prefer that.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    I can't plan where I am going to be on what day. I just don't have the energy to do so!
    The way things are structured now at WDW, you just about have to plan at least this much if you want to dine at some of the more popular places. I know some folks have stated that they don't want to think that far in advance what they want for dinner. But I find that I'm never so picky that I can't find something I want to eat at the restaurant that I chose 6 months ago. Plus I have all that time to actually GET in the mood for seafood or steak or whatever.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    The way things are structured now at WDW, you just about have to plan at least this much if you want to dine at some of the more popular places. I know some folks have stated that they don't want to think that far in advance what they want for dinner. But I find that I'm never so picky that I can't find something I want to eat at the restaurant that I chose 6 months ago. Plus I have all that time to actually GET in the mood for seafood or steak or whatever.
    It's not that I can't decide which restaurant I will eat at, it's more that I don't know what I will be doing that day. We wake up and wherever we feel like going we go. I don't want to take 90 minutes out of my day traveling to a restaurant in another park. So generally if I am looking to do a sit down I pull up the app on my phone and make reservations for some place that evening. It works for us and usually I get what I want or try someplace new!
    Kristin

Blog Entries

Gave in and made another dining reservation at Via Napoli. Only because there will be 8 of us on that day so I figured we won't be able to get in otherwise!

Still debating on reservations on La Hacienda, but that means 3 Epcot reservations which is a lot. Not that I mind ending my day in Epcot every day!

Kristin

We get in early on August 23rd. Booked most reservations. Some of the places we reserved are : Citricos (Nice place to celebrate our Anniversary), Sci Fi Diner, The Garden Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten, Yak & Yeti andThe Italian place on Main Street in MK. Forgot the rest. We are going to be there for 9 full days. Cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    It's not that I can't decide which restaurant I will eat at, it's more that I don't know what I will be doing that day. We wake up and wherever we feel like going we go.
    While this is certainly a valid way to tour, you need to be extra flexible about your dining choices. If you just go to the park that you feel like hitting on any given day, most of the really popular restaurants will already be booked. You can usually still find some place to eat, but a lot of times you don't have much of a choice.
    - James Taylor