Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by KJSJpipe View Post
    180 Days to Go!!

June 10th - Arrival Day No ADR's - We usually see where we are at and what's available
    June 11th - Le Cellier Dinner 6:50 pm
    June 12th - Kona Breakfast 9:05 am
    June 12th - Grand Californian Dinner 7:15 pm (haven't been in 10 years)
    June 13th - Be Our Guest Dinner 6:15 pm
    June 14th - Break Day- Planet Hollywood Dinner 7:30 pm (I've been promising DS for years we'd go, then they closed!)
    June 15th - Trattoria Al Forno Dinner 7:30 pm (new)
    June 16th- Teppan Edo Dinner 6:50 pm
    June 17th - Last Day no ADR's

We may add Diamond Horseshoe for lunch one day if it's open. We did that last year and it was so good!
    I'm sorry, I'm well aware that you meant California Grill, but is it a bad sign that I actually tried to calculate if such a cross country trip would fit in with your other meals? (I know there technically is no restaurant called Grand Californian in the GC hotel, but I still grinned a bit)

Sounds like a lot of good choices!
    -Dave

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm well aware that you meant California Grill, but is it a bad sign that I actually tried to calculate if such a cross country trip would fit in with your other meals? (I know there technically is no restaurant called Grand Californian in the GC hotel, but I still grinned a bit)

Sounds like a lot of good choices!
    Turns our we are both off... I meant the Grand Floridian Cafe.
    ~Katrina

Dan. Paging Dan...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    Dan. Paging Dan...
    Right?! It's a mess in here!
    ~Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    Dan. Paging Dan...
    Hey, others are doing just fine without me.
    Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I just took a look at my current ADR's...been so long since I made them I couldn't recall what I had booked:

1/14 arriving at POR for one night around 3ish - nothing booked, Disney Springs planned - looking forward to this evening as it's our first night in FL, the timing is right for walking out the wrinkles of
    our travel day and just trying to start to relax for the week ahead. Lots of new things at the Springs, so plenty to take in I'm thinking.
    1/15 moving to Beach Club - Tusker House at AK for a 8:15 breakfast...this one is iffy, and will probably be canceled
    Rose & Crown at 7:50 for a(nother) attempt at decent table for Illuminations. Worked before, so maybe will get lucky again, if not still looking forward to a decent meal.
    1/16 Coral Reef for lunch - this one is purely for the octopus appetizer my husband loves. I could take or leave the Coral Reef, I find their food underwhelming, but it's usually a pleasant enough meal
    and they always seem pleased by my request NOT to sit down by the window!
    1/17 Yak & Yeti for early supper. This is a new to us restaurant and we are really looking forward to it.
    1/18 Be Our Guest for lunch. Partially booked because it will be a new-to-us dining experience, and also because folks seem to go on about how hard it is to book. So I saw it and booked it. Bring the grey
    stuff on!
    1/19 Be Our Guest...yes, again. Lunch. Why? Well folks seem to go on about how hard it is to book and I can't really tell what park I'll be in on what day months ahead of time so I booked it twice with the
    plan to cancel one we don't use. Yes, yes I know. I'll be canceling the one I don't plan on keeping, most likely before I ever land in Florida. Chill.
    1/20 Captains Grill at the Yachtsman for breakfast. Can't tell you how many times we've walked by and said "next time..." so it was an easy ADR to get and fit perfectly into our schedule of leaving
    later that morning.

I plan on juggling around these reservations so I'm thinking this in no way represents what is going to happen! Ha ha - that being said I need to sit down and plan out my days and move things around & then schedule my fast passes, and I don't plan on doing that until after the Holidays. Yes we enjoy living dangerously and driving fast.

We'd like to add Raglan Road, the Paddlehouse (if open) and Narccossee's (sp?), possibly Chef's de France or Spice Road. It's also our plan to go to Jack Hangers & the new place at the Poly for drinks.

"The way in which this nation's unctuous elements tend to trickle down as if Florida were the grease trap under America's George Foreman Grill..."
    -Craig Pittman
    Oh, Florida!

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

5/6 Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater & Brown Derby
    5/7 Jiko
    5/8 La Hacienda de San Angel
    5/8 Sanaa & Yak&Yeti
    5/10 Le Basement
    5/11 Rose & Crown

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trips: Disney World May 5-15 2017 Disney World July 15-20 2017

Just curious - are you being funny with Le Basement?

Dan
    - James Taylor

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Just curious - are you being funny with Le Basement?
    Yeah, I saw someone else use it and latched onto it. I thought it was on this board but I see now that it wasn't. I now also see that there is a jazz club in Dublin by that name. Did you think I forgot the real name and that's what came out? Because I kept screwing up and typing Crown & Rose all night last night.
    Last edited by quackinup; 12-21-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trips: Disney World May 5-15 2017 Disney World July 15-20 2017

Yep, I was all ready to get up on my pompous high horse and correct you. But then I saw you use it in two different posts, and I realized that you were going for the funny.

Dan
    - James Taylor

Arriving on June 30th, flight out of PHL leaves at 5:30 am, arriving o propery close to 9:30am. Staying at POR.
    June 30 Mama Melrose, Fantasmic package
    July 1 Rose and Crown, dinner
    July 2 HDD
    July 4 Akershus, dinner
    July 6 1900 Park Fare, breakfast
    July 7 Hollywood and Vine, breakfast: BOG, dinner
    July 8 Tusker House, dinner

Not stating dates purposely.

Homecoming - dinner
    Trattoria al Forno - dinner
    Coral Reef - lunch
    Cape May - dinner
    Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch

Karin

I just finished booking all my ADRs (180 DAYS TO GO!!!!!) and it took me less than 15 minutes.

More buffets than if my husband and I were traveling alone but the kids specifically asked for character meals. We did the character breakfast at Aulani and they loved the interactions. Also, while they go to Disneyland a few times a year, character interactions scored high with the kids for this trip. They never want to take pictures here in CA but they are looking forward to it in FL. Go figure.

Liberty Tree Tavern is my must do. Since I went with my friend in 2013 it has become my ideal "last meal." I have no idea why, but eating a family style dinner (with my hot cup of coffee - something I rarely drink at dinner) as the final meal just seems so lovely. And I love Thanksgiving type meals in general (we pick that bird to the bone in this house!) so it's just a warm, cozy way to end the trip.

08/19: Arrival Day - Spirit of Aloha Luau
    08/20: 50's Prime Time Cafe, dinner
    08/21: Tusker House, lunch (no dining package available for August but I'll continue to check)
    08/22: San Angel Inn, dinner
    08/23: The Crystal Palace, dinner
    08/24: Akerchus Royal Banquet, dinner
    08/25: NO ADR - UNI/IOA day
    08/26: Be Our Guest, breakfast; Liberty Tree Tavern, dinner
    08/27: Departure Day - no ADR but plan is D-Luxe

For anyone who is going to 50's Prime Time Cafe, see if Kaydee is working and get one of her tables. We had her as our "mom" this past Saturday night and she was awesome. We had a blast! She even came and sat with us on her break.

Disneyland will always be home, but WDW is starting to win me over.

Just booked our ADRs for our short trip this fall..

Only 1 will be an experience we have had in the past, the rest are all new..

Dinner at Crystal Palace (we've had breakfast there.. but not dinner)
    Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
    Waiting for the September Fantasmic! packages to open for Hollywood and Vine
    Breakfast at Akershus
    Dinner at Liberty Tree (our one repeat)

I'd like to try Skipper's canteen, but the menu is a bit 'adventurous' for my wife..

One of them may change if/when Satu'li in Pandora opens up for ADRs..

For our upcoming trip (it's a short one) we only have an ADR at Kona Cafe for breakfast. Other than that we'll be playing it by ear (pun intended). We'll probably be doing mostly quick serve and taking advantage of the kiosks at Flower and Garden.

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

No ADR's for the upcoming festival trip for us. Short trip and we plan to hit up the kiosks for most everything. Although it's so very tempting to go back to the LTT for pot roast...

Nick Andrews, living in the NM desert away from the Kingdom...
    DL (numerous) '74-76, '85, '91?, 12/11, 1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04(8X),5/11,2/12,9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW College Program) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Blog Entries

I made the Ressies for the Food and Wine trip DD and I are doing in Sept/October. We will be there September 28-October 2 staying at the Poly for hte first time.

Friday Sept 29th - Arrival Day no ADR
    Saturday Sept 30th - Trattoria al Forno @ BW 7:35pm (wanted Tuto Italia but they were booked, I'll keep checking though)
    Sunday October 1st - Paradiso 37 @DS 8:15pm
    Monday October 2nd -Departure Day Kona Cafe 10:10am (mmmm, macadamia pancakes!!!)

Depending on what special events open up at F&W we cancel one or more ressies in favor of the event.

~Katrina

Blog Entries

Well that didn't take long!
    Tutto Italia September 30th at 7:30pm!!

~Katrina