Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Wow--those are some WONDERFUL picks!!! There are several I've never been to--can't wait to hear about them.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

2. # ADS

Cancelled Boma. Think we will go for more park time instead

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I am undecided about booking ADR for dinner at BOG. The first day we will be there MK is supposed to be a crowd level of 3, do you think if I went with lunch (counter service) we would have to wait forever to get in?

WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

^ yes ........

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries

Plus the meals are totally different as is the atmosphere. Make the ADR and if you also get into lunch then it's a bonus. We did both last June and it was awesome.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Yay I finally have my ADRs and I got every place I wanted. Today was my 180 day mark. I didn't want to risk missing any of the places we wanted.

Thursday, November 20, 2014- Whispering Canyon Cafe- 8:00 pm*
    Friday, November 21, 2014- 50's Prime Time Cafe- 4:00 pm
    Saturday, November 22, 2014- Mama Melrose's- 2:45 pm F! Package*
    Sunday, November 23, 2014- Crystal Palace- 4:15 pm
    Monday, November 24, 2014- Chef Mickey's- 5:10 pm*
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014- Rose & Crown- 7:50 pm
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014- Be Our Guest Restaurant- 7:20 pm*
    (*= first time)

WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I forgot to post my ADRs for W&D trip.

Wed 11/4- Jiko
    Thurs -none
    Fri- Todd English's
    Sat-Kona Cafe breakfast
    Sun- a Raglan Road
    Mon- CA Grill
    Tues- GF Cafe before departure

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Sounds like a good list!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Sept trip list
    Friday night - splitsvilke

Sat - dinner at Garden Grill
    Sun- Tusker bfast, chef Mickey dinner Halloween party night
    Mon- tutti Italy
    Tues- asherkers bfast , via Napoli lunch , late dinner at jiko
    Weds- be our guest dinner
    Thurs am bfast
    Date night ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMushyBoo View Post
    Friday night - splitsvilke
    Is that that new Norwegian place in Downtown Disney?
    - James Taylor

Haha more like bad typing on my phone

Got the BOG email, so have that for a lunch!

By the way, it was a cool website. You had to input your reservation number and then it would give you options on days and times that were available to you at BOG (Lunch only). It is called a FP+ but it is not tied to MDE. It also doesn't take away your other FPs. You can preorder your food if you want (will not charge your bands until you check in and confirm), but it makes it so that if you DO choose to preorder, the food will arrive directly to your table. Nice!

My group took a look at the pics and the descriptions and picked out their food, one dessert to share, and beverages. I would't want to preorder EVERY meal, but it was nice for this experience. WIth all of my griping about FP+ and MDE, I wanted to relay something that was positive.

Blog Entries

I don't think I have posted my Dining for our trip next week. DS, DH & I are staying at SSR in a studio Wednesday June 18th - Friday June 27th. DD will be working at Girl Scout camp already so she is not joining us. I try to get a few new places in every year but we are slowly running out of new places that interest us! Since almost all of our breakfasts will be in the room I am getting a Garden Grocer order like we usually do with bagels, english muffins, cream cheese, milk, choc milk, seltzer, single tide packets, sunscreen, and a 6pack of water. Plus I bring coffee/filters, tea (hot and cold brew for my water bottles), drink packets, crackers, granola bars and peanut butter.

Wednesday June 18th- No ADR, we will probably eat in DtD or at the Turf Club (we usually end up at Paradiso 37 at least once per trip and we have eaten at TC a few times but it's been awhile)
    Thursday June 19th- San Angel Inn-Epcot @ 6:30pm (giving this another go, we had a terrible experience here years ago-the waiter spoke NO English making ordering very hard)
    Friday June 20th- Mamma Melrose-Hollywood Studios @ 6:30pm (it's been years since we have been here)
    Saturday June 21st- Teppan Edo- Epcot @ 6:30pm (we come here most trips)
    Sunday June 22nd- The Plaza Restaurant @ 11:00am for lunch (new to us, we have heard great things)
    Sunday June 22nd- Be Our Guest @ 5:40pm for dinner (we were here last June for lunch and dinner)
    Monday June 23rd- Kona Cafe @ 8:30am for breakfast (love this place, we usually end up here every year for breakfast and or dinner)
    Monday June 23rd- NO ADR for Dinner- this is our break day so we will probably end up eating at DtD or we may find a ressie at a Hotel on site depending on whats available
    Tuesday June 24th- Tony's Town Square- Magic Kingdom @ 8:30pm - Trying to get sat on the Porch so we can watch the (we have not been inhere in a few years)
    Wednesday June 25th- Le Cellier Steakhouse- Epcot @ 07:15pm @ 7:15pm (we have skipped this the last two times we have been to WDW)
    Thursday June 26th- 'Ohana- Polynisian @ 6:3opm (at here last year for hte first time, every one loved it-mmmm....Lapulapu!)
    Friday June 27th- No ADR's- last day, we will eat breakfast in DtD (probably Wolfgang Pucks's), depending on the timing we may skip lunch. We might buy dinner from EoS and take it to the airport with us or eat at the airport before we leave.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Here are our final ADRs and places we ate last week while at the Beach Club:

Tue 6/3 Tusker House dinner
    Wed 6/4 Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge mid-day cocktails and tapas
    Flying Fish Caf dinner
    Thu 6/5 Shula's dinner
    Fri 6/6 Captain's Grille breakfast
    Biergarten dinner
    Sat 6/7 Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge mid-day cocktails and tapas
    Cape May Caf dinner
    Sun 6/8 Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner
    Mon 6/9 Le Cellier lunch
    Tue 6/10 Kringla Bakeri og Kafe lunch
    Beaches and Cream late afternoon milkshakes before leaving on DME

My boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised by the Brown Derby Lounge, so much so that we went there twice to cool off and relax. The Captain's Grille is surely an underrated gem, definitely for breakfast as we haven't tried dinner there yet. All our experiences were top notch with the exception of Cape May Caf. We hadn't been there since 2005 and were really excited about going back as it is beloved by so many on this board. We were really disappointed at the paucity of seafood selections for a "seafood buffet" (snow crab legs, cod bites, littleneck clams, salmon and fried clams were about all we saw and the crab legs were so hard to crack and the meat so scrawny that we gave up after only one cluster each.) The rest of the selections were on a par with Golden Corral and I honestly think GC is better! Eileen, our server, was a doll but we won't be going back for a looooong time. All in all our dining experiences were terrific. I was taken aback however that our lunch at Le Cellier cost more than dinner at Yachtsman! Lunch for two with tip cost us $265! (Of course that includes drinks, appetizers and dessert along with 2 steaks and a poutine shared between us! But hey, it's vacation!)

John

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

We'll be at WDW in Jan for about 10 days. We've only made a few ADR's and there will probably be some changes made between now and they. We're leaving a few days free so we wont be tied down to a meal every day.

We'll be at OKW for the first four night so we and i've read a lot of good things about Olivia's so we'll try and do a breakfast and maybe a lunch there. I've read that we really dont need ADR's here, is this true?

Raglan Rd. Dinner. DH and I have been, the girls have not.
    Sci-Fi. This was the girls choice, we've all been before.
    Kona- Breakfast. A must do for us.
    O'hana- Dinner.
    Beaches and Cream for a late lunch and the Kitchen sink.

I'm sure we'll do a night at Top of the World lounge since we'll be at BLT the rest of our trip, for appetizers and drinks.
    A night with Bob Jackson
    And an Adult night at Jelly Rolls.
    Rose and Crown Pub for lunch if the Bull Dogs are back (i've read they were gone and i've read they were bringing them back, does anyone have the 411 on this?)

And we have a bunch of running and cheering to do too. It's gonna be a great trip!

It's never too early to start thinking of places to eat.. we will be traveling with our new daughter (she will be about 18mo at the time of our trip) so we are concentrating on the all you can eat styles so she can eat off our plates.. but so far we are planning on (in no particular order.. that will come as we get closer to the trip..)

Cape May
    Garden Grille
    Liberty Tree (our favorite place to eat..)

and we are debating between Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Akershus and Tusker House for the others.. (and maybe Fort Wilderness, but we aren't staying there.. so it might be tough to get to..)

Those are all great choices for a toddler. I think Crystal Palace is particularly loved by the really little children. And Akershsus if she recognises princesses by then.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Those are all great choices for a toddler. I think Crystal Palace is particularly loved by the really little children. And Akershsus if she recognises princesses by then.
    I love the Crystal Palace and Winnie the Pooh. I guess I could be a toddler as in toddling around in my old age. lol

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    I'm not usually one for the breakfast places.. especially on the DDP (which we probably will be using), to me, they don't seem like good uses of TS credits.. so these would most likely all be dinners..

But we went to 'Ohana for breakfast on our last trip, and had a great time with just the 2 of us.

Quote Originally Posted by yedliw View Post
    I'm not usually one for the breakfast places.. especially on the DDP (which we probably will be using), to me, they don't seem like good uses of TS credits.. so these would most likely all be dinners..

But we went to 'Ohana for breakfast on our last trip, and had a great time with just the 2 of us.
    I agree I meant for dinner. Or lunch at Crystal Palace which is almost identical but cheaper.

I think I have finally narrowed our restaurants to:

Via Napoli
    Hoop Dee Doo Revue (first for us)
    50's Prime Time
    Chef Mickey's Breakfast
    San Angel Inn (first for us)
    TREX
    Crystal Palace Breakfast
    'Ohana dinner (first for us)
    Be Our Guest dinner

“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”
    ― Walt Disney Company

Here's a big piece of advice about 'Ohana - PACE YOURSELF! You could easily fill up on all the yummy early courses and have no room at all for the delicious meats and shrimp coming right off the grill. And save a little room for dessert - that banana bread pudding is really a great way to top off a HUGE meal!!!

- James Taylor

Here's our latest ADR list for next week:

Beach Club
    Sat 11/08- Epcot Food and Wine
    Sun 11/09- Il Mulino
    Mon 11/10- Epcot Food and Wine
    Tue 11/11- Whispering Canyon Caf (Backstage Magic Tour lunch)
    -Todd English's bluezoo

Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Wed 11/12- Raglan Road
    Thu 11/13- Pizzafari (Sunrise Safari breakfast)
    - Artist Point
    Fri 11/14- Jiko-The Cooking Place
    Sat 11/15- Shula's Steak House
    Sun 11/16- Fulton's Crab House (lunch before departure)

John

Current ADR's:

12/5- none
    12/6- Rainforest Cafe at 8:30 at AK for breakfast, a first for us (contemplating changing to breakfast at Captains Grill at Yacht club. We are staying at BW so it's right there for us, and may not have as busy a crowd as Rainforest)
    12/6- La Hacienda 7:30 PM at Epcot, first visit for us
    12/7- early lunch at Liberty Tree, a repeat for us
    12/7- dinner at Artist Point, a first for us
    12/8- Candlelight Processional - dinner at Coral Reef (a difficult choice for us- been there many times but not in past 5 years, we thought menu and ambiance had gone downhill. Gonna give it another try this year) followed by 6:45 show w/LaVar Burton

*may try to add Chef de France if possible, or Syfy drive in.