Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Confused about Extra Magic Hours and Magic Mornings

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

Confused about Extra Magic Hours and Magic Mornings

My brain is on vacation planning overload!! What are the dates for emh and mm? Between the dl website and Mp updates it looks different. My dates are Dec 22 23 24 and 25th. The 22 wont matter because we are coming in that day. We are staying at the GC and will have 4 day hoppers.

Summer trip here I come!!!

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

From what I gathered on my trip last week, EMH is for Resort Guests & MM is for everyone else. Another thread mentions EMH for DCA is Sunday, Monday, Weds. & Friday. I was told that MM are Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays and Sundays. So you should have short waits on Sunday & Monday for your trip. However, RSR tends to break down alot and also has delayed openings as well.
    And it shuts down when it rains.

Sundays are no longer in DL. They apply to DCA.
    Your dates may have both parks every day.. someone mentioned seeing that on the calendar. I am on my phone and keep dropping my wifi so you might check that, mrsdisney.

Per this calendar 'Early Admission Hours' for hotel guests are available every day for both parks beginning December 20 up to December 31. Now I'm confused on the distinction between EMH and MM since the calendar references only 'Early Admission Hours'.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there some discussion within the last year of Annual Passholders being allowed early entry and what ever came of that? Appreciate the help.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Per this calendar 'Early Admission Hours' for hotel guests are available every day for both parks beginning December 20 up to December 31. Now I'm confused on the distinction between EMH and MM since the calendar references only 'Early Admission Hours'.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there some discussion within the last year of Annual Passholders being allowed early entry and what ever came of that? Appreciate the help.
    That's what I saw too "early admission "for all days. My main thing is sun the 23 rd I would like to have it for Disneyland then on the 24th for DCA. Christmas morning we wont use it because we will have a Christmas breakfast.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdisney68 View Post
    My brain is on vacation planning overload!! What are the dates for emh and mm? Between the dl website and Mp updates it looks different. My dates are Dec 22 23 24 and 25th. The 22 wont matter because we are coming in that day. We are staying at the GC and will have 4 day hoppers.
    EMH is the designation for Resort hotel guests. It is both parks, all days of your visit. MM is for non-resort guests, with 3 day hoppers or longer. It is Disneyland only.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there some discussion within the last year of Annual Passholders being allowed early entry and what ever came of that?
    They did allow APs to have early entry for a little while during the summer, where APs could sign up for one morning during the designated period. They alternated days between Disneyland and DCA with early entry and MM for hotel guests. There was discussion that lots of APs signed up, but many didn't show the morning of their EE, so they ended up opening up the parks more to EE and MM. There's been no further information about additional dates being opened up for APs.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    EMH is the designation for Resort hotel guests. It is both parks, all days of your visit. MM is for non-resort guests, with 3 day hoppers or longer. It is Disneyland only.
    FYI, if you buy 3 Day or more park hoppers through a military sales office, you do not get MM with those tickets.

Confused about Extra Magic Hours and Magic Mornings

We did get our 4 day hopers on base but we are staying at the Grand so I think we can take advantage that way.

We did get our 4 day hopers on base but we are staying at the Grand so I think we can take advantage that way.
    Yes.

Indeed you can. Also be aware you cannot add any days to a park hopper from military sales.