Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Aulani Pool Remodel

Aulani Pool Remodel

We are planning a trip to Aulani - DVC (first time) next spring. We heard there is some extensive remodeling going on in the pool area. Does anyone know when this will be finished? Just wondered if the pool is closed during the remodel or if there is a lot of construction noise.

2. # ADS

Visiting WDW Since 1982

they're remodeling it already???

Stan

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan2u View Post
    Yea, they are! I remembered reading something about it on MousePlanet - so I did a search and found this in a DL update in July. Doesn't say when it's planned on being finished, though. But a quick look at one of hte links IN that MP article say mid-2013 -- so I think spring you're probably going to see construction activities.

Click here
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Yea, they are! I remembered reading something about it on MousePlanet - so I did a search and found this in a DL update in July. Doesn't say when it's planned on being finished, though. But a quick look at one of hte links IN that MP article say mid-2013 -- so I think spring you're probably going to see construction activities.

Click here
    Joy. My first trip to our DVC home next spring too and we get to see construction walls. Not to thrilled with that, but there's nothing we can do about it but look forward to the "next time".

We called and asked that our "garden view" please not be a "construction wall" view. I will let ya know what happens. We check in in 57 days.

Hey can someone suggest where I would put a pre trip/ trip report for AULANI? Not sure where it would go....

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

Maybe just in the DVC forum? I can't wait to read about it! 2.5ish years to go for us!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

I asked moderators this question about my Aulani trip report and was told to put it here in the DVC forum.

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

We were there 1/28-2/4/13 and there was no construction going on to the pool itself. There was one water slide that was down half the time we were there and came back into service a couple of days before we left.

The construction was off to the side of Rainbow Reef, the area you can rent snorkel gear and swim with the fish. They are adding a splash pad area for toddlers and another quick serve food counter that will have "local" food (read: Hawaiian plate lunches).

Karin

Quote Originally Posted by stan2u View Post
    Must have been some quality issues with initial construction. That's crazy. What is it--less than 2yrs old? Wonder if they don't go after the contractors for part of the cost...
    Joey

When hubby was there last year the quiet pool was ALWAYS littered with flower pedals. I also heard they are adding more water features for the kiddos. Im actually excited to see what is in store for Aulani, but yeah it seems so quick to be remodeling!!

It says on their website they are remodeling it to add some extra features. I think it also said that it'll be completed in September although the pool will still be open.

Kungaloosh!

The remodeling makes sense to me. Now that they've been open for awhile they can see what works and what doesn't. They definitely needed the quick service restaurant. The toddler area will be a lot more popular than the manta ray pool. One of my toddlers did not like the Menehune Bridge play area because of the water dropping on her (the other loved it). She would have liked a calmer play area.

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

I just got back from Aulani and they are adding a splash pad for the younger kids and an infinity pool with another huge mountain formation. Not sure if they will add a slide in the mountain, but it didn't look that high.

Kungaloosh!