Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disability Passes?

Disability Passes?

I have been to Disneyland several times but have never had this issue. Recently when standing in line for rides I start to get claustrophobic and panicky. I have severe anxiety but I've never had panic attacks at Disneyland. After having to leave a line to get some space and air, a friend recommended that I should get a disability pass to City Hall so I don't have to wait in crowded lines that may provoke anxiety attacks. I'm wondering what kind of information they'll ask from me or if it'll only be good for the day (as I go in a lot and I don't want to be getting one every day for a different number depending on my party size). Should I bring a doctor's note? I just don't want them to think I'm trying to take advantage of the system because I heard they're cracking down on who they administer these passes to, but it may be something to look into seeing as I've had to leave lines because of it.

Disneyland & DCA - '93-'95. '00-11. DTD/OP CM - '11-present
    Candlelight Cast Choir 2012 - Living Christmas Tree

2. # ADS

It's called a Guest Assistance Card, and you can get them at Guest Relations in either park. Tell the CM your needs and they fill out the card. It can be used for a longer period if you are an AP holder. It has a limit of 6 guests per card.

You do have to acquire one each time. They won't look at your doctor's note but you might ask for one for your own peace of mind.
    Try some different strategies. We have had discussions recently about having your party kind of block space around you. Let the herd go ahead of you exiting the elevator in Haunted Mansion for instance. I get panicky and claustrophobic in crowds. I just try for space around me. 4 kids and a husband help block for me though.

Blog Entries

Don't expect the lines to be shorter. For example, yesterday, the standby line for Pirates was 65 mins. The line for the GAC groups was over 2 hours. The line for IASW was 25 mins, and the GAC was closer to 3 hours.

You will have to get one each trip. If you are visiting for 3 days, they will issue one for 3 days. But if you are going 2 days this week, a day next month, once in 2 months, you need to get one each trip.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

Don't expect the lines to be shorter. For example, yesterday, the standby line for Pirates was 65 mins. The line for the GAC groups was over 2 hours. The line for IASW was 25 mins, and the GAC was closer to 3 hours.

You will have to get one each trip. If you are visiting for 3 days, they will issue one for 3 days. But if you are going 2 days this week, a day next month, once in 2 months, you need to get one each trip.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Just as a note, as a claustrophobic myself, I find the alternative lines for PotC worse than the regular line. All those people pushing* around me send me up a wall. I have to use it because of my dog. I feel the same way about the Indy queue too. I like to keep moving. Fast passes for me. All. The. Way.

*People going in and out of the stores there, the bottleneck of traffic, having to make my way up the back queue, etc.

You drank my weights?!? ~MDM

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyDogMom View Post
    Just as a note, as a claustrophobic myself, I find the alternative lines for PotC worse than the regular line. All those people pushing* around me send me up a wall. I have to use it because of my dog. I feel the same way about the Indy queue too. I like to keep moving. Fast passes for me. All. The. Way.

*People going in and out of the stores there, the bottleneck of traffic, having to make my way up the back queue, etc.
    I TOTALLY agree! For POTC, I only go if someone is with me to buffer me from all of the pushy people. It's a stressful queue line for someone who's claustrophobic. It is a bit better since they moved the Cafe Orleans opening though.