Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Volunteer opportunities and MousePlanet CHEER TEAM for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Volunteer opportunities and MousePlanet CHEER TEAM for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Hey everyone,

TheOtherAdrienne and I are trading duties for the next Disneyland race -this time she's running and I'm organizing the MousePlanet CHEER TEAM!

I just got an alert that volunteer registration for the event will open sometime next week. If you're interested in volunteering for the race, you'll need to register through the RunDisney website - I'll post the direct link as soon as that opens.

Based on the positive response we got to our own little MousePlanet station at the Disneyland Half Marathon, we've decided to focus our race-day energies into setting up another station for our runners and walkers instead of trying to organize to volunteer as a group at one of the existing water or fuel stations. I'll post more details on that as we get closer to the race day, and have a better idea of *exact* route and timing info.

Stay tuned!

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Adrienne- That runner support station at the half way point was absolutely wonderful! I have said it many times, but it bears repeating....THANK YOU to all of you who volunteered to cheer us on and provide us with aid during the race!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Adrienne- That runner support station at the half way point was absolutely wonderful! I have said it many times, but it bears repeating....THANK YOU to all of you who volunteered to cheer us on and provide us with aid during the race!
    Each time I did a Half, I thought I'd like a chance to cheer. It was AWESOME.

And I don't usually have anyone I know cheering for me on a course. I can't WAIT to get to the MousePlanet station in January! Thanks, AVP!!
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Volunteer opportunities and MousePlanet CHEER TEAM for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Well, if things go as currently planned, I can cheer at the DL Half as long as the boys can join me. I'll be organizing the team, but probably not running....we'll see.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Well, if things go as currently planned, I can cheer at the DL Half as long as the boys can join me. I'll be organizing the team, but probably not running....we'll see.
    Oh, we shall have no age restrictions on Cheer Team. I'm pretty sure that those two cutie pies could be quite motivating.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I'm there! It was such a great pick me up to see friendly familiar faces on the course. And the sponges? Amazing!

I'd love to cheer for everyone!

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

I'm pretty sure DH and the girls will want to join you to cheer in Jan. I know he wanted to in Sept but wasn't sure how to get over there on race day. And yes, I'd like to cheer in next Sept too, HB, Fairest and i were just talking about that this weekend!

And I'm TOTALLY stopping to take pics at the MP station in Jan..... And yes, LOVED the sponges, I've been doing that at DD's soccer games recently since it's been so hot and the girls LOVE them!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The Volunteer website is open, and a LOT of the volunteer shifts are already taken:

http://www.rundisney.com/volunteer/

I'm signed up for Thursday race packet prep and Friday Expo assistant.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.