Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Whispering Canyon Dinner now all-you-can-eat only

Whispering Canyon Dinner now all-you-can-eat only

Whispering Canyon just changed its menu, removing all the a la carte entrees from the menu. Dinners are now all-you-care-to-enjoy with choice of 3 proteins, shared sides, and a dessert platter. I just ate there for the first time recently, and I don't think I'd be as inclined to go now that it's only the skillets.

On the flip side, there is no longer a bottomless skillet on the lunch menu.

What do you think of the changes?

2. # ADS

If there is a meatloaf platter, I'm all in for the bottemless serving

Is there a vegetarian offer?

I think it's a bad dumbing down move, although personally I enjoy the skillet.

Not great for hotel guests who may want to use the restaurant more than once either.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries

I find $33 high even though it is a bottomless skillet. I pay for buffets because at least I can take a little bit of everything and if they have good items on the buffet, but for skillet where you can only eat 3 types of meat how much can you actually eat?

Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Is there a vegetarian offer?
    There is no vegetarian option listed on the menu. I would hope they might have something if asked though.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I think its nice to get your choice on what meats you can choose from, I think the price is a little steeper than I would probably want to pay. The problem is... what if kids who are "adults" by age alone would rather have something a little less hearty? Or even adults who would rather pay something that is more in line with their appetite?

To me, adding options is one thing, but taking options away, especially when the remaining options are rather pricy, is not very favorable.

Then again... if you are on the DDP... this would fit right in line with what a TS credit is worth. Maybe that is part of the rationale - to encourage more DDP participants?

Heck, I remember when their breakfast skillet was in the $12 range - and I (as a big breakfast lover) thought that was a great deal. Now even thats priced out of the range where I think its really worth it for breakfast fare. (But still one of the cheaper AYCE breakfasts on property - and I would probably still pay for it.)

ETA: I would like to think that they would have options for those preferring a vegetarian option... but did they have them on previous menus? (been a while since Ive been there.)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

According to AllEars: http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwil...e_at_wild.html
    - for lunch - the new menu has a few vegetarian options now available including an off menu Sauteed Red Quinoa Cakes with Edamame Salsa ($17) and other vegetarian options are still being worked on.

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

The quinoa cakes were on the old menu, so if they were still going to serve them, why remove them from the new menu? It's just stupid. To me, the dining plan is ruining dining at the resort.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    To me, the dining plan is ruining dining at the resort.
    Could not agree more.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Add me to the I'm not happy about this change list. I think the DDP is ruining a lot more then just this resorts dining. We use to dine around the "world" a great deal. For the past two years I haven't bothered buying the a TIW card. We have our car and find that we are dining off site more and more.

On the flip side I will give Disney props for big improvements to quick service in the past couple of years.

Mily

Quote Originally Posted by momof three View Post
    Add me to the I'm not happy about this change list. I think the DDP is ruining a lot more then just this resorts dining. We use to dine around the "world" a great deal. For the past two years I haven't bothered buying the a TIW card. We have our car and find that we are dining off site more and more.
    Agree. My statement above was meant to apply to the whole WDW resort.

Just looked at the menu, no Meat loaf, But There is all you can eat RIBS, I'm In, I do also like the all you can drink milk shakes, if you leave hungry here it's your own fault.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3015 View Post
    ... if you leave hungry here it's your own fault.
    I dont disagree with this statement as long as you go in there knowing what to expect and at the same time, the food quality is on par with the cost.

Sure, you can fill up on food that is just OK and be ok with that. But for the price, I would expect food and service that is above average.

I have an ADR for November, but after reading the change, I am going to cancel it. The cost is too much, and I really don't want to eat family style there.

Quote Originally Posted by ls3015 View Post
    if you leave hungry here it's your own fault.
    But a good meal is about more than filling your belly. I can do that at McDonalds without having had a good meal.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by momof three View Post
    On the flip side I will give Disney props for big improvements to quick service in the past couple of years.

I totally agree and that is why I often opt for a counter service over sit down. We got the QSDP (first time) next week.
    Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    I dont disagree with this statement as long as you go in there knowing what to expect and at the same time, the food quality is on par with the cost.

Sure, you can fill up on food that is just OK and be ok with that. But for the price, I would expect food and service that is above average.
    I Agree with your statement, but this also can apply for all of the Disney set down and some counter service resturants, for some cost cutting reasons the quaility and service has dropped in just about all of them, one for sure is Le Cellar, and with the whole grain buns now being served in the CS, most people won't have any idea until the 1st bit. I used to really enjoy the burgers.
    At least with the all you can eat deals at Whispering canyon, you can eat your fill and than some.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    But a good meal is about more than filling your belly. I can do that at McDonalds without having had a good meal.
    Remembering Downtown disney McDonalds, Yum Yum, too bad they pulled out, they were always good for a, you knew how it would taste, quick on the go burger, at a resonable price. And the shakes were one of the best on the grounds at a GREAT price.

This totally sux IMO!! Bad bad move! We loved this restaurant and the ala carte entrees they offered at dinner. It was always reall good food. I hate this idea of family style pick/choice of three BS. Price too high and choices are no good. Well won't be going back here now. One off the favorites list.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Could not agree more.
    Me too. Not happy.....
    Working hard for that next WDW trip!