Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Downtown Disney bus [to Magic Kingdom?]

Downtown Disney bus [to Magic Kingdom?]

Can someone get me from Downtown to MK on the bus? Is there a straight bus there?

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Downtown bus

I don't know much about the bus system, but there are some lynx routes that stop at the TTC. Www.golynx.com is the website and you should be able to find info on routes, transfers, and schedules.

Cathy

Downtown bus

You could also walk to Saratoga Springs then get on a MK bus there. Otherwise it's getting a bus to any resort and then hopping on their MK bus.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

By "Downtown" - I assume you mean Downtown Disney (DTD)...

In any case, both Drince and Scooby are correct. You can also take the Contemporary bus from DTD and then walk to the MK.

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, I was answering Downtown Orlando!
    DTD - get yourself to a resort and catch a bus to MK. There are no direct buses from DTD to any park.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Oh, I was answering Downtown Orlando! ....
    Yes, I know - because that's how I read it the first time too and when I saw your very good answer, I had nothing to add. It wasn't until Scooby took it as 'Downtown Disney' did I realize that the question was ambiguous.

I do know 2 different people in the area who occasionally take the Lynx buses to the TTC. One sometimes takes the bus to have a couple of hours in the parks before her husband (with the car) meets up with her for dinner after his work. The other is not able to drive due to a medical condition, but she moved to an apartment near a convenient Lynx bus route and is able to go to Disney whenever she wants. Both assure me that it's "not bad" taking the Lynx buses.
    “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

Downtown bus

Ah well you see. Downtown has no use in my vocabulary at all unless teamed with the word Disney! Downtown is not a word used in England at all.

Back to the OP. I have now checked this on my transport wizard for Disney and am proud to say my advice to walk to SS then take a bus was their quickest suggested route. Disney geek and proud

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyobsessed View Post
    Can someone get me from Downtown to MK on the bus? Is there a straight bus there?
    There are no theme park buses from Downtown Disney, otherwise people would just park there for free and head to a theme park instead of paying the fee. People still park there for a day at the parks and make connections through resorts, however.

If you wanted to get to Magic Kingdom I would recommend a bus to the Contemporary and then walk over to the Magic Kingdom. You could also take a bus to the Polynesian or Grand Floridian and then take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.