Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report

Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report

Quick! What's the most amazing incredible experience you could ever do at Disneyland? Club 33? While that would be nice, hundreds of people dine there regularly. Seeing Walt's apartment above Main Street? Getting closer, but there are a few Disney sponsored tours that can get you up there.

You've read the title, so you already know my answer. An overnight stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite! This ultra rare and exclusive prize was given out during the Year of a Million Dreams in 2008.

I was fully aware the entire time we were there, how lucky we all were to be experiencing this place. Before staying there, I saw a few pictures of the Suite, but no detailed trip reports. I went into this day knowing that I'd want to have a memory of everything we did while we were there, and I wanted to chronicle it for the many people who might never get a chance to experience the Dream Suite. As such, this trip report is going to have a lot of pictures and video, plus lots of detailed shots of each room, including some awesome 360 panorama shots that you can navigate through yourself. On top of that, I've asked all the friends that were invited to share some of their favorite memories of the night.

Just so you know who I'm talking about when I call people out by name later, starting from the left is Ruston, Jacob, Theresa and me, Joe. You might have seen us previously on a few of my other trip reports. We've teamed up for MouseAdventures, Minnie's Moonlit Madness, toured the Disney Studios together, gone to see Ruston sing in Candlelight every year since 2008, and just last year, all 4 of us flew out to Japan together to go to Tokyo Disneyland. This experience rivaled them all!

I would love to share the entire experience here, but only being able to have a handful of photos in each forum posting would make it very difficult to show the entire experience.
    If you'd like to read through our entire epic overnight stay, click through to this link.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/171427-joes-epic-overnight-disneyland-dream-suite-trip-report-lots-pictures.html

Mods, if linking to another site is frowned upon, please go ahead and delete this thread. I read through the FAQs and didn't find it on there, but if I missed it, please let me know.

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

Thank you for sharing. I kept rushing thru the photos, but then realized I should go back and look at the details, since it is a rare treat to see what's behind the curtain.

I was having a rough day until I started reading your report. I think I am still on page 3 :O It is making me giddy! I loved watching Fantasmic! LUCKY YOU!!! (Lucky Ruston!) Thanks for sharing with us padders!

Siggy aka Jill

I was up until 3:30am reading your trip report last night.... I just couldn't stop. I watched every video and was in absolute awe! I'm excited to show the videos to my husband today as well!

Quote Originally Posted by crissy89 View Post
    I was up until 3:30am reading your trip report last night.... I just couldn't stop. I watched every video and was in absolute awe! I'm excited to show the videos to my husband today as well!
    Hopefully you didn't have to work today! Glad you enjoyed it!

I did, but not until tonight, so it wasn't too bad. My husband really enjoyed the videos as well. Again, great job!

Wow! That was fantastic. I sort of thought I would be jealous but I so wasn't (well not in an irrational way). The way you put it together was almost like I got to be there! What a great group of friends!

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

This was absolutely fantastic. It was well worth the time. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Thank you for posting and adding the link (a new site to checkout). I felt like I was there with you. I am very happy for all of you to be able to experience the Dream Suite. Thank you for taking us along. You have a great eye for detail!

Thank you so much for all the caring work that went into this great report! I happened to see the sign out for the Dream Suite for the first time during our recent visit and this was amazing to read and realize what it's like on the other side of that sign! Congratulations and I really appreciate getting to read about it all!