Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DLR prepares for end of summer passholder blockouts by moving Cast Member parking

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

DLR prepares for end of summer passholder blockouts by moving Cast Member parking

The Disneyland Resort is preparing for the end of the summer annual passholder blockout schedule by relocating cast member parking for two days this month.

For SoCal Select passholders, the summer blockout period began June 6, a week before Cars Land opened to the public, so Monday, August 20 will be their first opportunity to see the new additions. To prepare for what is expected to be a peak-attendance day, Disneyland Resort cast members were alerted today that the Katella Cast Member Lot (KCML)lot will be used for guest parking on August 20. CMs who normally park in that lot will instead park at Angel Stadium and take a cast member shuttle to work.

The blockout period for SoCal passholder started on June 29, so they had two weeks to see Cars Land after it opened. However, Sunday August 26 is the first weekend day open to SoCal passholders since July, so Disney has alerted cast members that KCML may again be used for guest parking that day. A final decision won't be made until Tuesday, August 21, after Resort leaders have had a chance to evaluate the crowds on August 20.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Disneyland has notified Cast Members who normally park in the Katella Cast Member Lot that the lot will again be used for Guest parking this Sunday, August 26th. CMs who normally park in that lot will instead park at Honda Center and take a cast member shuttle to work.

August 26 is the first weekend day open to SoCal passholders since July, and it looks like Disneyland is bracing for a huge rush of APs.

Adrienne

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.