Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: ART & HoJo

ART & HoJo

I know most of the point of staying on Harbor is walkability but my mom will be joining us in the next trip and her knee sometimes bothers her on even minimal inclines (she swears the HoJo is up a hill). I've been trying to understand how the ART route works to the HoJo. They look to be the last stop before DLR for route 7 but I wanted to see if anyone here can confirm that the route stops work the same on the reverse trip (making them the first stop on the way back from DLR). Thanks!

-- Cindy

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    I know most of the point of staying on Harbor is walkability but my mom will be joining us in the next trip and her knee sometimes bothers her on even minimal inclines (she swears the HoJo is up a hill). I've been trying to understand how the ART route works to the HoJo. They look to be the last stop before DLR for route 7 but I wanted to see if anyone here can confirm that the route stops work the same on the reverse trip (making them the first stop on the way back from DLR). Thanks!
    No, they are the last stop. The route leaves DLR, heads south on Harbor to Disney Way to the Peacock Suites (stop 1), then down Katella to the road by the WorldMark into Residence inn (stop 2), then down Clementine/Manchester to Hojos (stop 3) to drop off/pick up. Basically, it is a circle and each stop is both a drop off and pick up.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Thanks Mal. She may still take it but I expect we will stick to walking back at the end of our day.

ECV. You all walk together. All that walking all day will aggrivate her knee anyway.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

EVC, don't go with the unwashed masses, go to the left as you leave, walk down the loading area for the ART Trams, go out the 'hidden' exit, make a left and walk down the uncrowded very few driveways side of harbor and cross at the light and ta da there you are at the HoJo! If you need to rent an EVC I highly recommend Deckerts Medical at 714 542-5607

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Thanks ladies, I'll keep that option in mind.

I'll second what MammaSilva said. It's much less crowded on the other side and shorter (in my mind anyway). The only time I don't like to walk on that side is late at night if not in a large group. It feels safer to me to be around other people.

That's the way we normally walk to & from the hotel. It is so nice to skip the crush at the main crosswalk and the timeshare solicitors. We stayed at the Ramada in May and I hate walking past Cold Stone's anti-loitering music too.

We always walk on the "uncrowded side" across from all of the hotel/mcdonald's entrance. We find it safer because less driveways, and less starting and stopping on your walk (which is hard on my knee, I have a replacement). Once you walk to the park this way, you'll see exactly how to walk back.