Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Shipping wine to Port

Shipping wine to Port

How do you ship wine to the port (UPS, wine store, etc- what if they are bottles from home)? Has anyone done it? How many bottles, how much was it? I think corkage is $20.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I read that you are not allowed to ship food/drinks/liquor of any kind to the port. This includes water or even baby formula.

If you buy wine at a port of call, you may hand-carry it onboard. Corkage fees only apply if you bring your wine to a dining room. You are more than welcomed to uncork it yourself and then consume it in your stateroom / public areas, as long as it is not in a glass container.

ETA: you may also bring alcohol on board when you board at Port Canaveral as well. I just dont recall on if there are any limitations on board, but I would only bring on what you plan on consuming onboard to avoid any customs issues on the way back.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought for sure that someone had shipped a case of wine to the cruise. Unfortunately, he's not a very frequent poster, so I doubt he'll see this. Maybe he shipped it to the hotel where he was staying the night before the cruise...

Cathy

Blog Entries

Behold ... the power of the search function.... (Just took a couple different search phrases to get what I was looking for...)

Click here to see a past thread on a very similar topic... and I would bet the one Drince was thinking of...

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Thank you! Very helpful. If anything, I guess I will either buy when I arrive, ship to hotel or go with their wine package.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, that's not the thread I was thinking of (I'm not even sure there was a thread about who I was thinking about - it may have been an in-person conversation) - but it was probably before that thread, based on Tony's comments:

(Sadly, you can no longer ship multiple cases of wine ahead, as did friends on the original Panama cruise sailing)
    Cathy

Blog Entries

Their wine package was not too bad... but it was not super-cheap either. It was much more reasonable than per-glass price, though. Not to mention that if you wanted to, you can take the wine back to your room and consume it later and then bring the wine back to dinner the next day. It was real flexible.