Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Be Our Guest Restaurant Reservations

Be Our Guest Restaurant Reservations

Any luck? I think we crashed their phone system.

"would you like me to take that picture for you?"

Countdown to WDW..17 minutes...

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I'm trying to figure it out--I'm usually really good with acronyms--BoG?

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

BoG resy

Be our Guest restaurant. Reservations started this morning and the lines have been a challenge

"would you like me to take that picture for you?"

Countdown to WDW..17 minutes...

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Several of the people I follow on Twitter did say that they had issues getting through but once they did, they got a ressie for opening day. Im sure by now, that may not be the case.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

My daughter has been trying since 7am. No luck getting through yet at 9:15. I guess lines are jammed! She is going Dec 1.

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

BoG resy [Be Our Guest Restaurant Reservations]

On DFB lots of people are reporting busy signal... A few have gotten through and have the ADR...

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

Finally got through after 2 hours of busy signals. I was 90% of the way through making my reservation with the automated system for the day and time I wanted (Dec. 9). My children got loud in the background and the computer couldn't understand my answer to one of the prompts. Instead of giving me a 2nd chance I was transferred to a live agent. I've now been on hold for more than a 1/2 hour waiting for a live agent. I'm going to have to hang up soon to make it to a vet appt. Grrr!!! What a waste of a morning!

Blog Entries

So, is the online ADR system not able to accommodate BoG ressies at this time?

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Blog Entries

I dont think it matters as long as it is understood.

There is something going around the Twitterverse that an ADR at BoG requires a credit card hold and that the automated system may not be asking for that info. If you do get an ADR, and did not provide CC info, check back later to make sure it is all set and wont be auto-cancelled after 24 hrs due to no credit card info being provided.

Dont know if that is completely accurate, but considering the effort that everyone is going through, it may be good to double check later just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    Is it resy or ressie?
    It's reservation.

SUCCESS!!!!!!

I posted my frustrating experience in the WDW accomplishment thread but what a mess......

I think some guests are going to be upset if they used the automated system and they didn't stay on the line to give a CC#. If you are still calling today make sure you try to talk to an actual operator to secure your reservation with a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    So, is the online ADR system not able to accommodate BoG ressies at this time?
    Online will be up and ready on the 22nd (Wed).

I dont think it matters as long as it is understood.

There is something going around the Twitterverse that an ADR at BoG requires a credit card hold and that the automated system may not be asking for that info. If you do get an ADR, and did not provide CC info, check back later to make sure it is all set and wont be auto-cancelled after 24 hrs due to no credit card info being provided.

Dont know if that is completely accurate, but considering the effort that everyone is going through, it may be good to double check later just to be sure.
    I just realized you posted exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you Gusman!
    The live person I spoke with did in fact tell me it was a good thing that I didn't hang up (Even though I had a confirmation number). She said all reservations made without a CC will be dropped at midnight. I said well I'm VERY GLAD I did not hang up than but what about all the people that used the reservation auto attendant that didn't know that? She basically said they should of known better to talk to a live agent. Oh ok. Good Disney attitude. After people trying all morning long I don't know about that.

Can you choose in which room (ball room/library/west wing) you'd prefer to dine?

John

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Can you choose in which room (ball room/library/west wing) you'd prefer to dine?
    They'll take "requests" when you check in, but not as part of the reservation. Requests are not guaranteed.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    The live person I spoke with did in fact tell me it was a good thing that I didn't hang up (Even though I had a confirmation number). She said all reservations made without a CC will be dropped at midnight. I said well I'm VERY GLAD I did not hang up than but what about all the people that used the reservation auto attendant that didn't know that? She basically said they should of known better to talk to a live agent. Oh ok. Good Disney attitude. After people trying all morning long I don't know about that.
    When I finally got through to a live person (after about 50 minutes on hold), I explained that I had been most of the way through making a reservation with the automated system and then had been abruptly transferred to hold for a live person. She said she was glad I had been transferred because there were glitches with the automated system and that reservations being made through the automated system were not being held. She may have been mistaken, but she told me that guests were going through the entire process, even providing their credit card information, and the system wasn't holding their reservation.

A very frustrating morning, but at least I got a reservation--after 3 1/4 hours on the phone. Unfortunately, it was not for the date and time I wanted, but we'll make it work!

After poking around on other websites, I think the CM I spoke to was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by mxrapu View Post
    A very frustrating morning, but at least I got a reservation--after 3 1/4 hours on the phone. Unfortunately, it was not for the date and time I wanted, but we'll make it work!
    if the rumors above about reservations being dropped at Midnight because Disney failed to request/secure a credit card number are accurate, you may be able to try back tomorrow and see if the date/time you want are suddenly available. I am not sure it would be worth another 3 /14 hours on hold - I suppose it would depend on just how much you wanted your ideal date & time.

I can't imagine the frustration of people who lose these reservations, essentially through no fault of their own. I would hope that Disney would make at least a cursory effort to contact people before simply dropping the reservations.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I've been trying to get through for an hour or so, and keep getting the "all circuits are busy" message. I may just wait until the online system is updated Wednesday.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries

Update via an MP tweet:

Per a CM, reservations made through the automated system w/o a credit card guarantee will be canceled after 24 hours. Better safe than sorry

A friend made a reservation this morning but it didn't ask for CC number. She's somewhere now that she can't mess with it so I sat hitting redial for about an hour. It's so exciting when it finally rings only to hear "all circuits are busy". I did finally get through and was able to add the CC number to her reservation BUT in order to do that they had to cancel and rebook. They were able to book a new reservation 20 minutes earlier than the original. Then when they cancelled the original she tried to go back and grab it but the spots were already gone. So at least it's close to what she wanted. What about the people who don't know? I feel bad for them. And goodness can't they ever get one of these things to work right?

Over on DFB people are now reporting that they've talked to the CM's regarding the CC# issue and Disney is going to either waive the CC# and leave the reservations alone or call people to get the #.

I got through and was able to make an ADR for Christmas Eve. The great CM I talked to said he'd have made no reservations for other restaurants and in spite of being crazy busy he was very nice and knowledgeable.

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    if the rumors above about reservations being dropped at Midnight because Disney failed to request/secure a credit card number are accurate, you may be able to try back tomorrow and see if the date/time you want are suddenly available. I am not sure it would be worth another 3 /14 hours on hold - I suppose it would depend on just how much you wanted your ideal date & time.
    Good point, but I'll be working tomorrow so won't be able to spend hours on the phone. Plus, I'd feel guilty profiting from someone else's misfortune. I think I'll just check online periodically, starting Wednesday, to see if anything opens up on the date I want and/or at a better time. Considering my reservation is for a party of 12, I'm just happy I got one!

Blog Entries

Saw via Twitter that callers are now being told that all Be Our Guest reservations made today will be honored, regardless of whether a CC was given.