Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: What to do for parents' 40th anniversary?

What to do for parents' 40th anniversary?

So... We were fortunate enough to win the Kroger/Coke Disneyland Vacation Prize and this is the only reason this trip is happening, otherwise we would not be able to afford it! We are waiting for final word from Disney on the dates we get to go. You had to choose three and then they let you know which one works based on availability of their hotels. We are hoping for Sept. 22nd-26th. We get 2 nights free at one of the DLR hotels and the other two nights we will stay at DLH. It will be me, my husband, DS (5), DD (7), my mom, my dad, and my sis. It is my parents' 40th anniversary right before we go and me any my sister would like to give them something special to do at DL. In our dreams, it would be Club 33 for them (my dad has always wanted to go) but that is not happening... We were thinking of sending them to the vintners dinner at Napa Rose because they both enjoy wine and good food. Any other ideas? Is Napa Rose a good idea? Any help is appreciated. We are trying to make it special. We will also be there on my sister's bday (29!) and we will celebrate our 10th anniversary and of course CARSLAND!!!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Napa Rose is a FANTASTIC idea.

Cathy

Agree with Drince -- can't go wrong with Napa Rose. When you make the reservation, make sure to tell the CM that this is for your parents' 40th anniversary. (And get them the anniversary buttons from City Hall ahead so they can wear them to dinner!) Also, if you and your sister will be gifting this meal to your parents, you can ask ahead of time for NR to print out menus without prices. Another padder (F1OA) did this for friends so they would feel free to order without feeling uncomfortable about the prices.
    And make sure to get the anniversary buttons for you and your husband and the birthday button for your sister!

That menu idea is brilliant.

A fun little freebie: ask the Cast Member at the loading dock if your parents could ride in the Mark Twain wheelhouse. Since Walt and Lilian held part of their anniversary celebration there, it seems appropriate.

Loving my sweet pea.

Also, it is possible to call Napa Rose ahead of time and see if their pastry chefs can whip them up something extra special for their anniversary dessert (for an aditional fee). Even if nothing special is arranged, if it is noted on the ressie or they have buttons, their dessert plates should have "happy anniversary" written in chocolate on it.

How about the Chef's Counter at NR? (Since finding out about it, I'm a little obsessed, but with 2 little ones, I'm not likely to make it any time soon...) As far as I know, it doesn't cost more than the regular Vintner's dinner, but they get to see what goes on in the kitchen and interact with the chef and his staff.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...chefs-counter/

These are all wonderful ideas! Napa Rose sounds like the way to go! I like the idea of the Chef's Counter, that sounds as if that would be a great experience! I also like the pastry chef idea and the menu! We just heard from Disney and our trip is confirmed for those dates and we get to stay at the DLH!! I will give Disney reservations a call. If you have any other ideas, keep them coming!!

Loving my sweet pea.

That's great about your trip!!!

One thing I thought I'd mention about the Chef's Counter at NR, yes, it is very fun, but before booking it you might want to consider your parents' temperaments. If they like to keep to themselves or have a lot of conversation between just the two of them, or are really introverted, it might be best for them to have a regular table. Not that they won't enjoy the Chef's Counter if they are any of those things, but sometimes when I celebrate a very special occasion with my DH, I want to be as secluded as possible and just focus on him. Other times I'd be up for the Chef's Counter as an experience to share together. A little something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mmclubhouse mommy View Post
    These are all wonderful ideas! Napa Rose sounds like the way to go! I like the idea of the Chef's Counter, that sounds as if that would be a great experience! I also like the pastry chef idea and the menu! We just heard from Disney and our trip is confirmed for those dates and we get to stay at the DLH!! I will give Disney reservations a call. If you have any other ideas, keep them coming!!
    You can get a personalized "Happy Anniversary" gift basket for them from Mouse Shoppe and have it delivered to their hotel room. If you want to surprise them with the dinner at NR, maybe you can have something for that put in the basket, too.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    You can get a personalized "Happy Anniversary" gift basket for them from Mouse Shoppe and have it delivered to their hotel room. If you want to surprise them with the dinner at NR, maybe you can have something for that put in the basket, too.
    But if you do surprise them with the dinner, make sure they know that there's a 'special dinner' involved so they bring the right clothes. For something like that, my Dad would be very upset if he only had polo shirts, when he'd want to wear at least a jacket of some sort there.
    Cathy

My parents are celebrating their 40th as well in October. They are flying in from Midwest and I was going to surprise them with dinner at Carthay or Napa, possibly club 33 if I can get a reservation but my connection seems to be MIA.

For their honeymoon they went to Disneyland and haven't been back since. I think it will be a great memory for them and I hope to find some special surprises. I haven't told them we are doing Disneyland but I hope they are excited. If anything just to walk around and remember.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know on this thread or PM me.

Good luck with your planning as well!

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    My parents are celebrating their 40th as well in October. They are flying in from Midwest and I was going to surprise them with dinner at Carthay or Napa, possibly club 33 if I can get a reservation but my connection seems to be MIA.

For their honeymoon they went to Disneyland and haven't been back since. I think it will be a great memory for them and I hope to find some special surprises. I haven't told them we are doing Disneyland but I hope they are excited. If anything just to walk around and remember.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know on this thread or PM me.

Good luck with your planning as well!
    If it is within your budget, how about a private tour? You can talk with Guest Services about this when you set it up -- your parents' anniversary and history, etc. Maybe the guide can tailor the tour to their memories -- e.g. what they saw 40 years ago that is still there and what has changed. VIP tours may be able to get your parents a reservation at Club 33, but that is not guaranteed.