Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: It's official - Indiana Jones Adventure refurb

It's official - Indiana Jones Adventure refurb

From September 4, 2012 through December 7, 2012, the exciting Indiana Jones Adventure attraction will receive refurbishment attention. Come back at the end of 2012 for a thrilling journey through the legendary Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

2. # ADS

Rats, rats, double rats. My trip is from 11/1-11/8 so no IJ for me.

GnP

Dang. My first visit in nearly 3 years and my favorite ride will be shuttered. At least Big Thunder will still be up (I hope!)

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    From September 4, 2012 through December 7, 2012, the exciting Indiana Jones Adventure attraction will receive refurbishment attention. Come back at the end of 2012 for a thrilling journey through the legendary Temple of the Forbidden Eye.
    I know David Koenig's article today mentions that Disney is refurbing Indy, but just wondering where this quote is from. Is it from the Disney website? I'm having trouble getting in it at the moment so can't see for myself. Thanks.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

It's on the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction details page at Disneyland.com

*SIGH*. If anything, I wish they would NARROW the bridge so that segment would be even more exciting.

Thank goodness. It's so jerky and sometimes just not fun so hopefully the ride will be better than ever!

Maybe its because they came across the thread I started the other day!! http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...nes-Giant-Ball

Was mommyTo2Boys

DARN IT!!! Finally got DS to go on it in 2011 and now it will be closed on our trip in September. POOP!

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

Blog Entries

BUMMER!!!! We'll be at the park on September 20 - 24. My wife's favorite attraction too! Oh well, I'll see if I can get her a date with Jack Sparrow.....she's already married to GOOFY! Gawrsh!

With a little luck we can get the flames back to their original intensity.

Went last night to ride this once more before the long refurb... and man, is it needed! Not only was the ball effect not working, but there's visible scaffolding on the left right after you stare into the eyes of the idol. Very odd for Disney, and it was very noticeable. Hope they can make some awesome changes and bring the effects back to functioning :-)

It's official - Indiana Jones Adventure refurb

I hope that they get rid of the falling rats effect and find something more realistic looking to replace it with. To me, that has ways been the worst part of the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    I hope that they get rid of the falling rats effect and find something more realistic looking to replace it with. To me, that has ways been the worst part of the ride.
    I agree, The Carving that blows the smoke ring like they have in the Tokyo Temple of the Crystal Skull would be a good replacement. It happens at the same part of the ride too since the layouts are similar.

They should loose the falling bug effect in the Bug Room too. It's so loud, that all you here is the compressed air hitting you head. Doesn't feel like a bug dropping down on you at all!

As long as they don't add any crystal skulls.........

Oh and while they are at it I hope they make it so it doesn't shut down like every hour or when I get in line to ride it.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    As long as they don't add any crystal skulls.........
    AGREED. That would be tragic...