Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Hampton inn (just down the street from Disney)

Hampton inn (just down the street from Disney)

Curious if anyone has any opinions on the above hotel? Coming to Disneyland with 2 toddlers and I'm wondering about the stay, shuttle service, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. # ADS

This is our hotel of choice when staying off site. It is a little over a mile away from the park and I think you will have a lot of people tell you to stay closer since you have two toddlers. Dealing with strollers,bags, kids and the shuttle can be a bit much for some people. We only have one toddler and it is totally doable for us. There is a free hot breakfast each day and we always stay in the one bedroom suite which has a kitchen. We buy groceries and either come back to our room and make lunch or take it with us to the park. We have never had an issue with cleanliness and I'm a total clean freak. Customer service has always been great as well. The pool isn't huge but we have rarely seen it busy. Target is right across the street which is convenient. If you are concerned about distance from the park, this may not be the place for you but if you are ok with a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour and goes directly to the park, then give it a try. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ditto...We stay here all the time for the exact same reasons....Not walkable unless your without small kids and are training for the Olympics....We have PAP's so free parking allows us to drive to and from the parks and not have to wait on a shuttle.....

Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net

I'm one that would say to stay across the street when you have a stroller. We had pack up the stroller to get on the bus at WDW and it was a huge pain, especially when they are asleep. So much better to walk across the street. We like Carousel, BW Park Place Inn, Del Sol and Desert Inn.

Thanks so much everyone.

Somehow I'm thinking that the option of having a kitchen in our hotel outweighs the distance. Just for the added bonus of being able to prepare meals and snacks and not having to deal with going to a restaurant with over stimulated kids?!? But I'm still on the fence! lol

We thought of driving to Sea World and the Zoo so the option of renting a car is there but not sure if its worth it to rent it for the whole week or just the 2 days we plan to travel. I'm unsure of parking prices on both the Hampton Inn parking lot as well as the Disneyland parking lot. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your great responses!!

I think there are kitchens in some of the closer hotels. Hmm, where is Mal when you need her. Let me look.
    Disney is $14 or $15, I can't remember which.
    If you don't want to rent a car you can order groceries delivered from Von's. Don't forget a case of water, much cheaper that way.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

I don't know how the rates compare but the Desert Palms has a 1 bedroom condo with kitchen: http://www.desertpalmshotel.com/exte...tay-suites.htm

Quote Originally Posted by seretny View Post
    Somehow I'm thinking that the option of having a kitchen in our hotel outweighs the distance. Just for the added bonus of being able to prepare meals and snacks and not having to deal with going to a restaurant with over stimulated kids?!? But I'm still on the fence! lol

We thought of driving to Sea World and the Zoo so the option of renting a car is there but not sure if its worth it to rent it for the whole week or just the 2 days we plan to travel. I'm unsure of parking prices on both the Hampton Inn parking lot as well as the Disneyland parking lot. Any ideas?
    Parking at DLR is $15. At the Hampton $12. There are lots of rental options so try weighing the cost of week vs the two days. Suprisingly sometimes you can get a bargain on a week rental that can make is the better value. Also remember the shuttle is $4 per adults per day if you are carless.

While a kitchen sounds great, are you really going to get use out of it? Do you want to cook meals when on vacation? Other hotels will have fridges and microwaves, do you need a stove?

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I'm one that would say to stay across the street when you have a stroller. We had pack up the stroller to get on the bus at WDW and it was a huge pain, especially when they are asleep. So much better to walk across the street. We like Carousel, BW Park Place Inn, Del Sol and Desert Inn.
    It will be much simpler staying across the street, especially with kids. Taking breaks in the middle of the day or running back for evening clothes all easier. Plus with strollers easy to carry in drinks and snacks.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a room with a kitchenette on the Park Vue website, and they are across the street.

Thanks so much everyone.

Thanks so much for your great responses!!
    Hampton parking is $12 per night but we have always booked through Get Away Today and it is included in the price. The kitchen is totally worth it to us and we do use it. I enjoy the fact that the kitchen is filled with plates, cups, silverware etc. In hotels that have fridges and micros only, you still usually have to have your own plates and utensils. It works really well for us. I know some people don't enjoy preparing meals while on vacation but we really don't mind.

You could also look into taking the shuttle bus to the zoo and Sea World and see how it compares in cost to renting a car and parking. I am most familiar with Get Away Today and they sell tickets and shuttle tickets to both.

Blog Entries

I like the Hampton. But Tropicana has a room with a Kitchen. I believe Park Vue also does. My preference is Residence Inn Maingate on Clementine. It is walkable, but also is on ART route 7. I love having a kitchen. We stay 2 weeks at CHristmas, and to be honest, when I am on vacation, I don't want to cook. But I enjoy being able to cook if we want. AND we usually have a small party where we need a stove/oven... (I'm thinking we may need to bring a blender next time...) The rooms come equiped with table service/pots and pans/silverware/cooking utinsils, etc... And a FULL size fridge is a MUST for more than 3 days...

Residence Inn is great because I can go to the front desk at 9am, drop off my shopping list, and when I come back for my afternoon "nap", my groceries are all put away, and I am only charged for my grocery costs...

Planning 3 trips at once...

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

I agree about not wanting to cook on vacation, but if I'm going somewhere for 2 weeks I would want a kitchen if only for the full sized fridge. I can only imagine how much water we would need and other drinks/snacks.

We have used ART once during a 5 day trip. We found it to be convenient enough. Other trips we have walked. It is nice to be closer. Especially if you do plan to go back for naps and/or dinner or lunch.

We took a day trip (w/o the kiddo) and parked in the Toy Story lot as suggested from here. Parking is not more convenient than a shuttle because you still have to take a bus. I guess you could park in the garage, but you either have to walk to the garage or take a tram. So either you have a long walk, or you get the kids (possibly sleeping kids) out of the strollers and get on a shuttle or parking bus. This is why staying in a close hotel is nice. If you don't mind the shuttle, then stay at the hotel. But I wouldn't rent a car just to drive to the parking lot or garage and pay $15 and then still have to walk or take a form of transportation.