Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Fantasyland opening

Quote Originally Posted by jengold29 View Post
    I have to tell you we were so impressed (and we are a jaded bunch!!)
    I tried to wave off Enchanted Story Tales with Belle (or whatever the name is) and I was shocked at how innovative it was, it is really something new and different.
    I am glad you were impressed! I am looking forward to seeing the new attractions! It is good to know that it really is new and different!
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

2. # ADS

Got into a preview in the evening when the park was open late this week. It is SO worth it! Even participated in Belle's Enchanted Tales!

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

I was very impressed with the architecture, landscaping, etc. It truly rivals the detail of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The attractions themselves however (Echanted Tales, Little Mermaid) left me a bit underwhelmed in all honesty, but perhaps I was expecting more...

John

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We were able to get into the previews yesterday and today both. They were, at times, letting people who hadn't signed up for AP previews (or didn't even have APs at all!) I enjoyed both attractions for what they were. I thought Belle and Maurice's house was done super well, and all the cast members were very enthusiastic with the storytelling. The Little Mermaid attraction was basically the same (if not identical) to the DL version, though the queue is miles more extensive, complete with some interactive games (though the line was too short to be able to participate). I also liked the safety bar on the ride vehicles. It had a little texture, and the CM called it a 'Sand Bar'.

We tried LeFou's Brew - it was very sweet, but I could see it being popular. They also had a hummus and chips snack item in Gaston's that we were going to try, but they were only letting those who'd signed up for the previews in at that point. Not sure how it compared to Red's apple freeze in DL.

Cathy

FYI, from photos I've seen, the hummus snack is actually Sabra brand.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    I was very impressed with the architecture, landscaping, etc. It truly rivals the detail of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The attractions themselves however (Echanted Tales, Little Mermaid) left me a bit underwhelmed in all honesty, but perhaps I was expecting more...

I understand about being underwhelmed by the attractions but you have to remember this is Fantasyland and it geared to enjoying rides with pre school age children and nostalgia. It is hard to make an attraction that awes a grownup yet can be really enjoyed by a 3 year old. In other words it was never meant to be Soarin, RnR, ToT, etc

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Fantasyland opening

We got to eat at the counter service version of Be Our Guest today. The seared tuna in the salad I got was nicely done (served chilled) but they forgot both the potatoes and the dressing. I wasn't sure THERE version had potatoes, so I didn't say anything at the time, and I was ok without the dressing, but definitely showed that the food runners don't know the menu well enough to catch missing potatoes on a salad (and the green beams were scarce, too)

Cathy

Blog Entries

So excited we were able to get in!!!

In Belle's cottage the CM in the beginning was getting very annoyed because a family wouldn't stop talking and the baby wouldn't stop screaming while she was trying to talk. She was getting so frustrated and everyone else agreed with her. Despite her telling them to be quiet, showing them the door if they needed to leave, stopping her spiel the family wouldn't stop. Finally she just stopped talking and they took the hint and shut their traps. I felt so bad for her! I can see that being a problem because some people are just that rude!

That being said I have to say Belle's cottage was AMAZING!! The adults were more impressed than the kids I think. We were all oohing and aahing! Best part of the new section!

I did try Lefou's brew and the pork shank. I thought the pork shank was okay. It could have been because I wasn't hungry at all. I just wanted to try it. I loved Lefou's brew. I could have done without the mango foam on top. It was better without it.

I didn't get to eat at Be Our Guest. We did have many people who were able to get ressies for that night and they loved it. I did take the tour during dinner and I wish I could have had my wedding there. Beautiful!

I did see some people complaining that they were letting everyone in when they got wristbands. They didn't want to wait on the lines for the attractions. Now, if the lines were 3 hours long I would agree. You signed up and that wouldn't be right. But the sign outside Fantasyland said that it was not an open Dress Rehearsal so unless you tried to get in some people didn't even try. The CMs weren't dragging people in. Little Mermaid was a walk-on. To meet Ariel was 8 minutes. Belle's cottage was about 15 minutes. No crowds at all. So I don't get why they were complaining.

I know it was open during MVMCP, but we never made our way back there.

Kristin

It's getting quite easy to get into New Fantasyland, especially at night. There have been some recent AP previews that were so sparsely attended you just needed to flash your AP to get a wristband, and those were being disregarded. Just try to show up and you'll probably have no problem now.

I've had lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest now, and I much prefer eating at lunch. It is slightly more $$$ than other MK quick service.
    Dinner is not worth what you pay for it, in my opinion. Plus dining at BOG at night is pretty dark - download a flashlight app for your smart phone so you can read the menu. And if you want the "Gray Stuff" (which is way too sweet), you might want to have a birthday/wedding/anniversary/celebration button since they want to save that for special occasions.

I'm probably at EPCOT Center or the WEDway Peoplemover. Come say hi when you're in Orlando!