Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Fantasyland opening

New Fantasyland opening

We will be leaving WDW on Dec. 2nd, the grand opening is Dec. 6th. Does anybody know what Disney means when they say preview of these attractions will begin November 19th? Just curious to see if we will actually be able to experience any of the new Fantasyland while we are there.

“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”
    ― Walt Disney Company

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Usually what that means is that they will start some soft openings - and that they may or may not be available at that time as they work out any bugs in the attractions. It may only be available at certain times of day as well.

In essence, you may not know till you get there. You have probably better than a 50-50 chance that you may experience something. But that is only a guess. I am sure more info will be released in due time.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Keep in mind that when Disney opened Carsland in CA, they turned those preview days into a hard-ticketed event and charged extra. I expect we will learn more once we get closer to the opening/preview dates.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

November 19???? We leave on the 11th!!! Bummer.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really wish we had a week planned the first week in December. Double bummer.

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by tappenfeat View Post
    I really wish we had a week planned the first week in December. Double bummer.
    We don't have anything planed for our next trip, but I did hear a blip on the financial news yesterday about the Fantasyland expansion. They said that WDW had been experiencing "historic" attendance levels, and that ( I am paraphrasing here, please no one zing me for incomplete info!!) the fantasyland expansion should be complete sometime in 2014, the first major expansion at WDW since it was built.
    We have been kicking around thoughts of an early December 2013 trip, to experience some of the Christmas atmosphere, and check out the new fantasyland -

Blog Entries

That would be great, Les! With or without the boys? They grow up so fast. D & J want us to go with them next year with Shan and the kids.

Stephanie

Blog Entries

I think everything but Dwarf's Mine Train will be done by the dates above - so the 2014 date is probably correct if you include that in.

Cathy

That would be great, Les! With or without the boys? They grow up so fast. D & J want us to go with them next year with Shan and the kids.
    puh-leaze! Without of course!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    puh-leaze! Without of course!
    Heck, Scott and I will go with you then! That would be a blast!

Stephanie

Heck, Scott and I will go with you then! That would be a blast!
    that would be cool....no Aunt B, right? ha ha, we are so going to h-e-double toothpicks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    that would be cool....no Aunt B, right? ha ha, we are so going to h-e-double toothpicks!
    You guys so should do that! (The WDW trip, not the other destination!)
    Cathy

I read on the WDW passholder site :

New Fantasyland Passholder Preview
    Be among the first to experience the enchantment of New Fantasyland during a special Passholder Preview in November 2012! Upon completion, Fantasyland will nearly double in size – for the largest expansion in the history of Magic Kingdom Park.

Registration details are coming soon and will be communicated via email and here on the Passholder website. Event capacity is limited, so be sure to watch for these updates! Valid Magic Kingdom Theme Park admission is required to attend this event.
    So I'm not sure when the passholder event is, but maybe it's tied in to the Nov 19th date?

GnP

This is what I received in an email, seems if you are a passholder; you will have special openings proior to November 19th.

Grand Opening of the next phase of the expanded Fantasyland at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will take place on December 6, 2012. Attractions included in this opening are Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Ariel's Grotto, Gaston's Tavern, and Bonjour! Village Gifts. Previews for the general public will begin on November 19, 2012, with previews for cast members, annual passholders, and DVC members prior to that. There is not yet word when and for what dates Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs) for Be Our Guest Restaurant will be available.

“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”
    ― Walt Disney Company

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    You guys so should do that! (The WDW trip, not the other destination!)
    Dare I suggest a adults-only trip?! Is there some kinda rule against openly admitting to having a better time (these days at least!) without the kids?!?!
    I guess all things come full - circle...One day in the future I'll be bringing gifts home for my grand-dogs, or God help me, grand kids. Oh who am I kidding - I surprised Eric isn't
    already planning 20 years in the future for bringing potential grand-kids to WDW. I vote for the grand-dogs...

Back to the new Fantasyland, it really does give us a great excuse for planning our next trip. We hadn't spent much time there since our first or second trip with the boys, and we always look forward to a new & fresh look at The World when we visit. I can remember one of our previous trips was when Spaceship Earth was still scheduled to be down due to upgrades (addition of Dame Judy Dench who I love), and we stumbled into a soft opening purely by chance, which was fun and neat! Fingers crossed you guys get to experience the same Prekmom.
    Back to the olympics---

Blog Entries

Ok, Les...let's go and bring our dogs! I'm up for that!!!

Stephanie

Ok, Les...let's go and bring our dogs! I'm up for that!!!
    Whoa, whoa...our dogs don't go anywhere where they can't get a Yuengling. And I've had a heck of a time finding a dog carry-on bag that fits a great dane! I need one on wheels!

Blog Entries

Ha ha!!! We can always dress them up as old Aunt Tessy!!!

Stephanie

I'm loving all of the detail being revealed in the Fantasyland expansion. There were a lot of pictures in this week's WDW Resort Update on MousePlanet, and then the Disney Parks Blog posted some photos of the Little Mermaid exterior today.

don' worry

Quote Originally Posted by prekmom View Post
    We will be leaving WDW on Dec. 2nd, the grand opening is Dec. 6th. Does anybody know what Disney means when they say preview of these attractions will begin November 19th? Just curious to see if we will actually be able to experience any of the new Fantasyland while we are there.
    You will be able to see and do everything. They are taking reservations for Be Our Guest which means you have to be able to get in to New Fantasyland. The Mermaid will probably be running full time November 19 as well. By Dec 2nd the only thing left for the official opening is the brass.

Visiting the Fantasyland Expansion between November 19 and December 6...

We may get to visit WDW between November 19 and December 6...I understand that starting November 19th, there will be passholder previews for the Fantasyland Expansion. Does that mean that the new attractions will only be open for them? No stand-by lines?

Thanks!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Blog Entries

I think the passholder previews are before November 19th - in fact, I believe some people got AP previews for the same weekend as MouseAdventure, which is the first weekend of the month. I think starting the 19th they're doing soft openings, which would be available to all.

But during the passholder/DVC/whatever else previews, it will be limited to those individuals in the right groups who have been signed up before hand.

Cathy

We were able to get in during MNSSHP on 10/26. It was open for cast members during normal park hours but they opened it to party guests about 7:15.

It was really, really cool. And fantasyland seems so much larger without Dumbo in the center!

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jengold29 View Post
    We were able to get in during MNSSHP on 10/26. It was open for cast members during normal park hours but they opened it to party guests about 7:15.

It was really, really cool. And fantasyland seems so much larger without Dumbo in the center!
    I wonder if that's 'normal operation' for the parties? Might make doing a Christmas Party worthwhile for us!
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I wonder if that's 'normal operation' for the parties? Might make doing a Christmas Party worthwhile for us!
    I have to tell you we were so impressed (and we are a jaded bunch!!)
    I tried to wave off Enchanted Story Tales with Belle (or whatever the name is) and I was shocked at how innovative it was, it is really something new and different.

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW