Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Visa Question

Disney Visa Question

On the Disney Visa website they only list certain dinning locations for the 10% discount. While at Disneyland last year i asked at city hall and was told that i could receive 10% off at any dinning location that took credit cards but didn't eat at any unlisted location. This year I'm taking a party of 12 so i called Disney Dinning and asked about locations again and was told again that any dinning location in either park that takes credit cards would give me the 10% discount.

Seems funny that Disney Visa and Disney it's self would have 2 different answers. Anyone have any in park experence with this issue ??

Thanks for any info

2019 Trips........ Feb , April, and June

2. # ADS

We purchased an AP only a few days into our trip, so we didn't use the 10% credit card discount much. The people answering the question may think you're asking about whether you can use the card, rather than the discount. The Visa website says that it is only select locations. You could always ask for a discount, but be ready for the answer to be no.

I am not sure. I don't think Blue Bayou was on that list so I just bought an AP.

No, i made it clear that i wanted a clarification on where i could get the 10% dinning discount.

Thanks

That's a good question. I would trust the answer from Disney VISA.

It's been a while since I've used that discount (4 years or so) but when I used the AAA and the Disney Visa discount, they were specifically AT those locations only.

Teddi ~ Wife to Rob. Mom to Bert 14, Chloe & Kaylie 9
    1st trip to WDW 2013: Jan 28-Feb 6 Cabins@ Fort Wilderness & Villas @ AKL Kidani
    2013 May 11 - 18, Boardwalk Inn CL, Great-Grandma's 1st trip
    DLR 2013: Feb 20-22: DLH, April 2-4: offsite June: 18-22, Paradise Pier
    2014: DLR May 24 - 27, Paradise Pier

Lost boys target practice Wendy Bird's Avatar

Off the website http://disneyrewards.com/perks/disneyland-perks

Perk: Receive 10% off at select dining locations below:
    Disneyland Park
    • Big Thunder Ranch
    • River Belle Terrace
    • French Market Restaurant

Disney California Adventure Park
    • Cocina Cucamonga

Disneyland Resort Hotels
    • Steakhouse 55 (Breakfast)
    • Disney's PCH Grill
    • Storytellers Caf (Lunch)

Grand Californian Concierge November 29 - December 2, 2007
    Fort Wilderness Cabins September 8-16 2007

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One thing I noticed, too - is if the Disney Visa perk 'goes away' not all cast members get the info right away. I went shortly after the stroller perk went away/was decreased and asked at the stroller booth about the discount there, and they said it was in effect. We never actually tried to get the discount, though because the 3.5 year old ended up not needing a stroller (and wasn't carried, either! Major trooper there!).

Cathy

We just got back and didn't use the Disney Visa for dining discounts but was pleasnatly surprised to have Stitch and Minnie as the characters for the Disney Visa meet and greet. You have a very small window of time 9-9:30 for Minnie though, but they were both lots of fun and very playful.

Usually they rotate every half hour. So if Minnie starts, Minnie finishes. They are there for an hour and a half total, in half hour blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Usually they rotate every half hour. So if Minnie starts, Minnie finishes. They are there for an hour and a half total, in half hour blocks.
    That is just what the CM told us on our 3rd trip seeing Stitch. When we arrived at 9:40 one morning we asked who it was and the CM said Minnie the kiddos got excited and he said well she's leaving after the group ahead of us that if we wanted to see Minnie she was there from 9-9:30. So my DS and his GF made sure to get there the next day and they did get to meet her. I didn't stay around to see if she came back but it was always Stitch at 9:30-10 the other mornings we went. Stitch must have started the day from 8:30-9 we were never there that early so I am just guessing.

When we were there in early June the characters were still Pluto and Chip/Dale. But the CM told us that they were going to be getting new characters soon. That's great that it is stitch! Minnie is a good character, but she is easy to find in a lot of other places. Does anyone know the actual times now? It used to be 10:30, half an hour after opening. It sounds like it's earlier now, with the earlier opening.

The sign said 8:30-10:00.

It has always been 1/2 hour after opening, for an hour and a half.

It has always been 1/2 hour after opening, for an hour and a half.
    Yes, but the opening time changed. I wasn't sure if they changed the time for the pictures or not. It actually would have been nice if they kept it at the later time.

I meant to include that in the summer when the hours were earlier it moved with opening time, so I would expect it would now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Yes, but the opening time changed. I wasn't sure if they changed the time for the pictures or not. It actually would have been nice if they kept it at the later time.
    We showed up right when they were closing on our first day because I didn't think about them changing the hours. They were nice enough to let us in but they didn't give me my free ticket for the photo and I didn't remember until later that night when I was going to get the picture.

Disney Visa Question

We thought it went til noon. DH and I were having a snack at Award Wieners a little before 10 and he went over to check the line and found it closed in 5 min. I hurried over and we were the last group with Stitch. Glad we made it because it was our last day.

I meant to include that in the summer when the hours were earlier it moved with opening time, so I would expect it would now as well.
    Hasn't DCA always opened at 10 in the past? It didn't have different winter/summer hours did it?

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Hasn't DCA always opened at 10 in the past? It didn't have different winter/summer hours did it?
    I think in peak weeks it opened at 9 while DL opened at 8. I'm thinking Xmas week, spring break, summer... I thought it opened at 9 when WOC first opened.

It has opened earlier in the past during peak seasons. Like 3P1P said though, 9 instead of 10, not major but when you are timing something from park opening it does affect the timing sometimes.

I have no information about the subject of this thread. I'm only posting to say that DINING has only one "n".

Picky mode off!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

REALLY !!
    You felt the need to actually reply with this ?

Thanks so much !

Oh well, the post kinda got side tracked anyway.

Didn't mean anything rude by it. Sorry if you were offended. I do things like this quite a bit, always with tongue in cheek. I guess you don't know me, so you weren't amused. Sorry again.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Alright, since you put it that way..............were good !