Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Photopass plus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Photopass plus

I just read about the pre-order offer for this and was wondering about the package. I know it includes the ride photos and that's one of the big reasons I am thinking about getting it. Can you get asmany on each ride as you want? Can I get photos from Halloween Party? Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks as always.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I just received my voucher/package, it comes in the case like the 'old school' photo pass cd's, the documents that came with it says that it is good for 14 days from the activation date. Included are all attraction photos so if you go on Space or tower of terror or screaming 40 times during your trip all those photos will be added to the card. All print packages for character meals are included during the 14 day period and all regular photo pass photos, for example, you're at the Halloween Party in line and get pictures with mickey and Minnie...those will be on the CD when you order it. Once you are home from your vacation you enter the code on the back of the card to upload the content into your photopass account. Make all the edits you want within 30 days and then use the code in the paperwork to order the finished CD. It includes shipping in the pre purchase price. For 69.95 it is one of the biggest bargains of the trip!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is the $69.99 price the DLR price? Thought the price was closer to $200 for the WDW package? (Especially since the photopass prepay for WDW is around $120 as it is.)

Personally, the way I see it, is that if you already plan on getting all the attraction pictures that you can, it can easily become a value. After all, one pic on Space Mountain is around $13 for the digital only version. Add Splash Mountain, Test Track (when its back up), Rock N Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror, and multiples of each, and it pays for itself, even if you dont use it for a character meal package.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

GusMan, that is the DLR price, the WDW price is higher. In the park the photoplus at DLR is 99.99 with NO AP discount so it's a nice savings for planning ahead. The photo package from a character meal at DLR runs approx. $32.00, a couple attraction downloads at $14.95 each and you've paid for the CD.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

Yep, that is a huge difference in price between the two parks. Its a good piece of info to know, though.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

So does the character dining photo go onto the cd or do you get the package from the dining? I remember when going to Goofy's kitchen it was a expensive for the photos. If that's the case I might have to schedule a character dining.

Actually you get both! The offer says you get the print package AND they will put the digital copies on the card as well, that alone is a 32 dollar value. The real trick is to plan ahead so you can pre order the cd/voucher.

I just paid $169.99 for the WDW pre-purchase package. We are going to WDW for our honeymoon in October, so figured that as a one-off, it would make the trip extra special! We have never done the photo package before and are very excited!

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Photopass plus

I think the website info for this is really vague. I spent a couple hours trying to figure out what the deal really is. If it does include the print package at say Cinderella's Royal Table and such then I can see it being worth it. But I just really couldn't tell from the promotional website...

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

I believe Cinderella's table provides the print package to everyone?

According to their facebook post:

Capture more memories than ever with Disney PhotoPass+! With Disney PhotoPass+ you can have all your Disney’s PhotoPass Photographer photos PLUS select Attraction photos AND Dining Print Packages – All for one price.Product Details:
    • PhotoPass+ will be sold at PhotoPass Sales Centers located throughout the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
    • With PhotoPass+ you will have digital files of all your PhotoPass photos, Attraction photos, and Dining photos taken within a 14 day visit to the Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort as well as Print Packages at select Dining locations.
    • Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a PhotoCD with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.

Walt Disney World Participating Attractions:
    • Space Mountain
    • Splash Mountain
    • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
    • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    • Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
    • Expedition Everest
    • Dinosaur

Walt Disney World Participating Character Dining Locations:
    • 1900 Park Fare
    • Ohana (Breakfast only)
    • Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
    • Chef Mickey’s
    • Cinderella’s Royal Table
    • Tusker House Restaurant
    • Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
    • Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Disneyland Participating Attractions:
    • Space Mountain
    • Splash Mountain
    • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
    • California Screamin’
    • Radiator Springs Racers

Disneyland Participating Character Dining Locations:
    • PCH Grill
    • Goofy’s Kitchen
    • Ariel’s Grotto
    • Plaza Inn

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:
    • PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
    • A gallery CD with over 300 stock photos
    • A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
    • Print Packages at select Dining locations
    • Digital Downloads of select Attractions

All for one price! $199.95 Walt Disney World Resort/ $99.95 Disneyland Resort

Yes, you get CRT and Akershus with your meal.

Blog Entries

It also says you get the Gallery CD as well. I bought that a couple years ago and if you do a lot of scrapbooking (traditional or digital) you can get a lot out of that part of the offer as well. That somewhat closes the gap on the price difference between the PP and PP+.

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    It also says you get the Gallery CD as well. I bought that a couple years ago and if you do a lot of scrapbooking (traditional or digital) you can get a lot out of that part of the offer as well. That somewhat closes the gap on the price difference between the PP and PP+.
    The Gallery CD does look like it would be great for scrapbooking. I think it's $30 ordering it outside of the PP+ package...

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I believe Cinderella's table provides the print package to everyone?

According to their facebook post:
    [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    CRT does. I wrote CRT and meant something else... The print packages being included seems to make the PP+ package a good deal since we're doing 3-4 character meals and Hoop de doo Review... but if you weren't doing that many I wonder if it would be a good deal? $30 for the CD of Photopass photos, $30 for the Gallery CD, so the rest of $140 you have the attraction photos (which for me are usually awful) and dining photos... so you'd have to get alot of those to add up to the $140 to make the Photopass+ worth it.

That said, I am leaning toward getting it for our Christmas trip. We have lots of character dining/Hoop de doo Review and I am an avid scrapbooker so I'd probably get the gallery CD and Photopass CD anyway.

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

The photo pass CD without the "plus" is $129 if you preorder. Not sure where you are getting $30.

Blog Entries

Skippy was referring to the Gallery CD that is available for either DLR or WDW... and its actually $40 now. It contains a lot of stock footage of the parks, some of the resorts, and some of the fireworks shows. Some of the pics are simply fabulous! I bought it a few years back.

Im assuming that it does not change all that often so it would not really be a value add for the PP+ package if you use PP+ on subsequent trips.

You would easily break even with PP+ if you have pre-ordered the PP CD, got the gallery pics and then bought one ride photo. Everything else would be value add / savings.

Actually she listed both at $30 each with a remainder of $140 for attraction photos.

We will be a group of 12 in December, so will have multiple photopasses and will be in multiple ride pictures for each ride. Does anyone know if the PP+ will work like PP in the past, where photos on multiple photopasses can be combined onto one CD? (Hope this question makes sense.) Also, how does it work once you get the CD? Can we share the photos with everyone who traveled with us?

You won't get multiple "plus" cards, but you can add regular cards to the CD like before. You can add as many ride photos as you want. And if the person with the plus card isn't present, just write the ride photo number down and they can come back and add it later that day.
    We just copy the CD for everyone, or give it to them to download on their computer.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    You won't get multiple "plus" cards, but you can add regular cards to the CD like before. You can add as many ride photos as you want. And if the person with the plus card isn't present, just write the ride photo number down and they can come back and add it later that day.
    We just copy the CD for everyone, or give it to them to download on their computer.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

What if I already pre-ordered the Photopass CD? Anyway to upgrade to the PP+ at the pre-order price?

Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    What if I already pre-ordered the Photopass CD? Anyway to upgrade to the PP+ at the pre-order price?
    You can upgrade at the park. But you loose the prepurchase discount (so if you bought at the $99, you'll pay another $100). You may want to call and see if they can refund the preorder and repurchase it with the plus.

ETA: I totally didn't read the second question....So I fixed my response.

Can you use a PhotoPass+ from WDW at DL? If it is within the 14 day time period?

Closer to the Mouse once again, but not close enough!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mowsluver View Post
    Can you use a PhotoPass+ from WDW at DL? If it is within the 14 day time period?
    In the help section about photopass plus (emphasis mine):
    NOTE: You may only purchase the PhotoPass + Pre-Arrival offer if you are at least 14 days away from your trip to allow for processing and delivery time. Pre-Arrival PhotoPass+ orders will not be fulfilled at the Sales Centers without the voucher included in the package mailed to you. Make sure you purchase the correct product for the resort you will be visiting during your vacation. The Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ package cannot be redeemed at the Disneyland Resort and vice versa.
    And there's a contact guest services button on the help screen - I'd contact them, since what you're doing is not exactly the same as what was addressed in the quote above.
    Cathy

This is a great deal! We are traveling with 4 families this Christmas and the ride attraction photos alone will be worth the price! yay!!