Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HELP...Looking for 6 day ticket to Disneyland

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney Anne View Post
    Can you do that to a 3 day ticket too ? If I decide to stay another day or want to go in on our travel day for a couple more rides ?
    Any ticket can be upgraded on or before the final day of use or the expiration date, whichever comes first.

If you decide on day 1, 2 or 3 that you want to upgrade your 3-day ticket to a 4- or 5- day ticket, it's no problem.

However, if you decide on day 4 that you want to upgrade your completely-used 3-day ticket, the policy is that you can not do so. So make sure you upgrade while the ticket is still valid.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney Anne View Post
    Can you do that to a 3 day ticket too ? If I decide to stay another day or want to go in on our travel day for a couple more rides ?
    Yes. You'd pay the difference between what you paid for the ticket and the gate price for the 4-day pass. Also you mentioned going to the Halloween party in another thread, with the party ticket you can enter the park 3 hours before the official party time.

Is it possible to do this beyond 6 days? We have purchased 6 day passes for our november trip and I was hoping to add a 7th and 8th day.

Read above, a poster said they stayed for 8 days.

We bought 5-day tickets just before the price increase from AAA. They were adult tickets for $233. each. If we wanted to add a 6th day, would we lose the discount?

DL ~ June 1981 ~ March 2000 ~ Oct/Nov 2001 ~ March 2006 ~ Oct/Nov 2007 ~ March 2009 ~ Sept 2010 ~ March 2011 ~ Sept 2011 ~ Sept 2012 ~ Sept 2013 ~ Sept 2015 ~ Aug/Sept 2016
    WDW ~ March 2005 ~ Sept 2009 ~ Aug//Sept 2014
    DVC MEMBER since March 2011
    Next trip: WDW August 20-Sept 4

Since there is no longer an advertised price for 6 days, I think they just charge $5/day (8th day may be free).

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Yes. You'd pay the difference between what you paid for the ticket and the gate price for the 4-day pass. Also you mentioned going to the Halloween party in another thread, with the party ticket you can enter the park 3 hours before the official party time.
    Yes - we are going to do the party. I booked the vacation earlier tonight through Get Away Today. We are planning on driving over on Monday 10-22, then 3 day pass for Tues, Wed, Thur and maybe upgrade to a 4th day on Friday. The party is for Tuesday night. Since Tuesday would be our first day there - I don't think we would want to wait until 3pm to go in - I think we will want to go when they open, then go back for the party after a nap. Although I guess we could do a later breakfast that day and go shopping or something...
    ~CourtneyAnne~ Single MOM to Twins and MUCH MORE
    Trips to DL~9/06~2/07~6/07~10/07~New Year's 2008~11/8/08~2/08~2/09~10/12~

I'm gonna need 2 tickets for at least 8 days for our visit next year. Glad to know it can still be done!

John

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    I'm gonna need 2 tickets for at least 8 days for our visit next year. Glad to know it can still be done!
    8 is the max they'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    If you want more than 8, you could buy annual passes. Then you could go back the following year, before they expire.

An annual pass would also give you dining discounts and some merchandise discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyis4us View Post
    So it sounds like you went pretty recently, so that would be good news for me. When you say you booked 6 day tickets through the Disneyland website, does that mean you had a vacation package or did you just have tickets? If you just bought tickets did you print them off the Disneyland website? Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure I clarify, so I have all the info I need. I understand about coming along ways. We come from Idaho and we really like to stay as long as possible!
    I didn't book a vacation package, I just booked 6 day tickets in February and used them in June. I didn't realize they decreased the maximum days to 5. And yes, I just printed the A4 sheet with the barcode, took that to the ticket booth in the courtyard between Disneyland and California Adventure, and upgraded to 8 day passes for minimal cost.

Enjoy your visit!

We had to make a slight change in the number of people in our group and could only buy a 5 day park hopper while the rest of us had 6 day hoppers. I called Disneyland info before we left to see about doing the upgrade for this one ticket and was told it was not available anymore. She even asked her supervisor.

When we arrived last Saturday and i went to pick up my tickets (electronic from getawaytoday) I asked again at the window and she said "oh sure, no problem") cost me an extra $5. Makes me mad that a company of this nature can't get the right info out to their own information center.

2019 Trips........ Feb , April, and June

I just called Disneyland on Saturday to ask if we could add another day to our 5-day passes before we had used all 5 days, and they told me they will not let us do that. Am I getting incorrect information?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    I just called Disneyland on Saturday to ask if we could add another day to our 5-day passes before we had used all 5 days, and they told me they will not let us do that. Am I getting incorrect information?
    When you call customer service their information says no which is why they told you no, they can only sell passes upto 5 days ahead of time. When you talk to the people at the ticket booths, where you have to upgrade, they will know they can do it or ask for a lead who knows how to do it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    When you call, you are talking to guest relations. They do not sell tickets past 5 days. When you go and ask at the ticket booth, you will probably have to ask for a lead, and they will do an "exception" and upgrade you. They will take your current tickets, and add a day or 2 and they usually put your name on the ticket. I have only heard of 1 person being denied, and even then, they went to a different ticket booth, and got the answer they wanted and upgraded.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    When you call, you are talking to guest relations. They do not sell tickets past 5 days. When you go and ask at the ticket booth, you will probably have to ask for a lead, and they will do an "exception" and upgrade you. They will take your current tickets, and add a day or 2 and they usually put your name on the ticket. I have only heard of 1 person being denied, and even then, they went to a different ticket booth, and got the answer they wanted and upgraded.

I love to hear info like this! I am anxiously waiting for our trip....58 DAYS! Hope it works for us!

Just wanted to see if anyone has tried this lately? I am getting nervous as our trip gets closer. We are counting on extending our 6 day hoppers to 8 day hoppers but from the lack of chatter online I am scared they might not let me.

Quote Originally Posted by wriley View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone has tried this lately? I am getting nervous as our trip gets closer. We are counting on extending our 6 day hoppers to 8 day hoppers but from the lack of chatter online I am scared they might not let me.
    Your fears are correct. It is no longer possible to extend your Park Hopper past 5 days. That is based on everything I have read online. It is apparently no longer an option. There is another thread about this on the board too. We leave in a month and our plan was to extend to six days, but the assumption now is that we won't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by wriley View Post
    We were there last week and tried to upgrade to a 6, 7, or 8 day pass( I would take whatever!) We were not allowed to! The cast member was so nice and I think at least pretended to try for us. He even talked with his supervisor several times. But no such luck! He tried to get me to upgrade to a annual pass, but that doesn't work for us. We will not be going again for another year and half or so. It is really dissappointing! Sorry!

I just began a new thread about starting a writing campaign to Disney asking them to bring back 6+ day hopper passes. Please join us on that thread! It completely stinks when you have a 7-day trip planned (like we do in March), and to feel like you can't really do more than 5 days because of the cost. We need to flood Disney with e-mails and letters asking them to change this new policy.

Good, Idea I will be writing them forsure. I don't understand why they don't want to encourage longer stays. Seems very silly.

Here is the email I got back from Disney, see my question at the bottom.

Doesn't really state that you can get a 6 day does it?

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort.

You may add the Park hopper feature in the form of a ticket upgrade.

All ticket upgrades must be done in person at the Disneyland Resort before the ticket expires. An upgrade applies the current value of the ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket of equal or greater value.
    Remember, tickets are non-transferable and must be used by the same person for all days the ticket is valid.

Please visit any ticket booth location at the Disneyland Resort. Our Cast Members will be happy to assist you with determining the best upgrade option for your needs.

Should you have additional questions, please contact us again by replying to this message. Be sure to include your full name, order number, and e-mail address for future correspondence.

We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you.

Sincerely,

Erik Grissom
    Disney Ticket Services

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    First Day of Visit: 0/0/0
    Length Of Stay:

Just wondering if we could add days to a park hopper ticket.

We want to spend more than 5 days in the park but don't want to buy an annual pass cause of expense and we can't get back within a year.

Thanks

Shawn

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Here is the reply after I asked to clarify it.

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort.

We apologize for the inconvenience, however we do not allow tickets to be upgraded to add a sixth or seventh day at this time. As we continue to evaluate our ticket options, please note that all ticket policies, prices, and options are subject to change without notice.

Should you have additional questions, please contact us again by replying to this message. Be sure to include your full name, order number, and e-mail address for future correspondence.

We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you.

Sincerely,

Erik Grissom
    Disney Ticket Services

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

"As we continue to evaluate our ticket options, please note that all ticket policies, prices, and options are subject to change without notice."

Perhaps this indicates they are revisiting the current policy & we should keep checking back. Or it could be that my rose colored glasses are fully in place again, as usual.