Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: daily trends -- what's the best time of the week? Info about Feb and March?

daily trends -- what's the best time of the week? Info about Feb and March?

Hey all -- ramping up my planning for a trip either in early February (to avoid Pres Day) or early March (to avoid Spring Break). Of late I've only done extended weekend trips and am thinking of working in a few weekdays to try and avoid some crowds.

So I was thinking of visiting the Park Sunday through Tuesday. I know Sundays have been increasingly busy over the last few years but I figure Monday and Tuesday might be more quiet, that people would be more likely to plan a Thurs/Fri/Sat or Fri/Sat/Sun. Does this seem like a workable plan?

Also trying to save up to stay on-property to get the most out of Extra Magic Hours. I'm not planning itineraries too heavily right now as I imagine the days early entry is offered at each park might shift again before then.

Input appreciated, and if anyone has caught whispers about refurbs in February or March, please feel free to share scuttlebutt. I'm most interested in seeing the Manse, or course -- hoping any refurbishment will happen as they're taking down the overlay. (That happens through January, correct?)

You can't phase me; I survived Usenet.

2. # ADS

We went the first week of March this year and crowd-wise it was pretty mixed. We got there on Friday morning (the 2nd) and it was busy, Saturday was packed (we ended up leaving both parks), Sunday was packed as well but we handled it. After that when we got to Monday through Thursday of our trip it was back to our preferred quiet and low crowd levels. This is coming from people who always go the first week in December during the week because we do not like massive crowds so keep that in mind. The crowds may not have been that bad for someone that doesn't mind them, also it was very hot that weekend (90's) and coming from Washington we are not used to that. Would I go again that time, well heck yeah because I just love going. Oh and there was a cheerleading competition that weekend in CA so that affected the crowd level hugely and also my patience.

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Blog Entries

Resisted urge to tell you you might as well consult your crystal ball--for about one minute.

Sorry.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Nice!

Also, your .sig line ftw.

You can't phase me; I survived Usenet.

Quote Originally Posted by leota's necklace View Post
    Hey all -- ramping up my planning for a trip either in early February (to avoid Pres Day) or early March (to avoid Spring Break). Of late I've only done extended weekend trips and am thinking of working in a few weekdays to try and avoid some crowds.
    The earlier the better. February except for the week with President's Day is quiet. In March it starts going up starting slow ending very busy so it's best the first week then ok the second, and then bad and very bad.

So I was thinking of visiting the Park Sunday through Tuesday. I know Sundays have been increasingly busy over the last few years but I figure Monday and Tuesday might be more quiet, that people would be more likely to plan a Thurs/Fri/Sat or Fri/Sat/Sun. Does this seem like a workable plan?
    That will be good for low crowds, although Sunday will be busy. Some pitfalls are that only the weekend will have long hours and full entertainment. So you may want to start on a Sunday to have a chance at Fantasmic! and Fireworks.

Also trying to save up to stay on-property to get the most out of Extra Magic Hours. I'm not planning itineraries too heavily right now as I imagine the days early entry is offered at each park might shift again before then.
    If it's a budget question, just stay offsite. EMH are nice but not as valuable when you go during a slow time. Although having an extra hour may be nice since the hours will be short.

Input appreciated, and if anyone has caught whispers about refurbs in February or March, please feel free to share scuttlebutt. I'm most interested in seeing the Manse, or course -- hoping any refurbishment will happen as they're taking down the overlay. (That happens through January, correct?)
    It's a very refurb heavy period, so you have to expect some. No ride refurbs have been announced yet though in a few week some rumors may firm up.

One possible problem is they may repave Main Street and that can keep not just the Main Street Vehicles from running but also the parade.

Friday or Monday

Which day do you think is less crowded in DL, Friday or Monday? Or are they about the same?

Monday. Fridays have been more and more crowded. The only thing to watch is depending on your dates there is no Fantasmic on Monday, or fireworks possibly.

Another consideration is which Monday. Mondays can be busier than Fridays on three day weekends.

Friday or Monday

Friday, Feb 1st or Monday, Feb 4th.

Most likely No Fantasmic on Monday. Presidents day is later in the month. But you could watch it sat or sun.

Was mommyTo2Boys

We went in 2011 the last week of February,well the week that included February 23rd, my dd turned 3, and Wednesday & Thursday was great, low crowds, I avoid the parks in the summer,hate crowds, & then friday was awful! The cheerleaders were there, & it was so crowded. I,who would go daily if I could, wanted to leave, it was THAT bad!

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

Was mommyTo2Boys

Just realized my kids have mid winter break, ie parent teacher conferences, the last week of Feb, first week of March. I think I will plan for being in the parks like Tuesday-Friday of that week. Do Friday just so we can catch fireworks. It will be kid #4's second visit, his first he was 8 months old, & he'll be 4 months shy of 3.

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder