Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: AP renewal question [blockout days]

AP renewal question [blockout days]

I want to go to DL on Saturday but my son's pass is blocked. It's a deluxe. If i I renew it on Saturday will he be able to go in that day? It expires on Tuesday. I don't to just throw $70 away on blockout ticket. Would rather it go to his pass.
    Thanks!

July 17, 2012- Xavier turns 5 & Disneyland turns 57!

2. # ADS

I would think if you were renewing it at the same level (Deluxe) and if the Deluxe pass was already blocked that day, it would still be blocked no matter which day you renewed it on? I could be totally wrong on that, but it would make sense that it would be under the DAP guidelines.
    It may be possible to purchase a one day ticket for that day and apply it towards the renewal? Anyone have any information?

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

When I renewed my SoCal pass in May on a blockout day (it was Saturday), they gave us blockout passes for the day and said that's their practice! We were very surprised and might have renewed a bit earlier in the day (it was now 7pm) had we known!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's good to know, Pammer.
    They let you in no matter what level when you BUY a new AP, so it just makes sense that they'd do that with a renewal, too.
    (Good question, Mckygirl99, because we know OUR version of 'making sense' isn't always the same as that of the Mouse!)

Cathy

Hmmm...well I'm going to try it and see what happens. I have a premium so I'm in. Geez, when did those become $70? I remember when they were $30. Times have changed!

Happy to report that we renewed and were allowed to go in for the day too...YEA!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hope you had a great day!!!

Cathy

Thanks so much mckygirl99 for reporting back! These boards are so great to learn all of these things.

AP renewal [during blockout day]

We will be at DLR from 12/30-1/3 and need to renew our Delux AP. Was planning to renew the 30th and buy blackout tickets for the 31st. Does this sound like a plan or are there better ways to handle it?

Thanks!

Karin

You are probably better to buy hoppers and upgrade on your last blackout day. You lose to $20 renewal discount but don't have to pay a $70 blackout ticket.

Cost of admission for a blackout day with Annual passpor

I am thinking of purchasing annual passes this year since I will be going back in August for the half marathon. I know that weekend is a blackout day, but I remember a couple years ago we were allowed to purchase a special price admission ticket for blackout days. Does Disney still do this? If so, does anyone have an idea what the extra cost is? Any information will be appreciated. Thanks,

Blog Entries

$70