Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MouseAdventure: Road Trip - Save the Date!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MouseAdventure: Road Trip - Save the Date!

MouseAdventure: Road Trip

Grab your friends, pack a bag and fill the tank because our next Disneyland Resort MouseAdventure will send you on the Best. Road. Trip. EVER!

Join us on Sunday, September 30, 2012 for what is sure to be a fun day in Disney California Adventure Park. Registration opens Tuesday, July 31, 2012. Details are below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MouseAdventure: Road Trip

Grab your friends, pack a bag and fill the tank because our next Disneyland Resort MouseAdventure will send you on the Best. Road. Trip. EVER!

September 30, 2012
    MouseAdventure Road Trip will steer you through a series of quests and challenges to be solved throughout Disney California Adventure Park.

This event has just one division, with all teams solving the same challenging set of quests and tasks. Family teams (those with at least one player age 6-13) will compete for separate honors in a Family division, provided at least 10 family teams register for the event.

Registration is $120 per team, and includes admission to the post-event Award Ceremony. Each player will need admission to Disney California Adventure Park on Sunday, September 30. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.

Be Prepared!

MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission. All registrations are final. Registration is strictly limited by the capacity of the event venue, and teams may not change divisions or add players after registration closes. Once we are fully registered, we cannot make special exceptions or extend registration. There is no waiting list for this event.

Your MouseAdventure team must consist of at least two players and no more than four players. Some people like having four brains on their team; some teams work better with just two or three players. It is up to you to decide whether you want 2, 3, or 4 people on your team, but there are often advantages for larger teams.

MouseAdventure events can sell out very quickly, so you'll want to have your team's details before registration opens:

• Pick a team captain who will be responsible for registering your team. Don't assume your teammate is going to register for your team!

• Decide on a team name. (optional, but if you are going to have a team name, you must provide it during registration)
    • Be sure to have the first name, last name, and email address for each member of your team. This is a really good time to add mouseadventure@mouseplanet.com to your e-mail client's approved sender list. (If you use Earthlink or Hotmail, we can not guarantee that you will receive event-related e-mail from MouseAdventure. We STRONGLY encourge players with Earthlink or Hotmail accounts to register for another e-mail address [GMail is free, and works just fine] to ensure you receive all of the messages from MouseAdventure.)
    • Names for personalized buttons (optional)

Registration

Registration will open at 9am Pacific Time on Tuesday, July 31 online at www.mouseadventure.com.

Registration will close on September 21, or whenever the event sells out. Space for the event is extremely limited. Players must be at least 6 years of age and one player on each team must be at least 18 years of age.

MouseAdventure World Explorers

This year we are off to the Most Magical Place on Earth! MouseAdventure World Explorers IV is ready to test your knowledge of Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Park. Your exploration of the lands begins Saturday, November 3, 2012.

Join us for our first MouseAdventure at Disney's Magic Kingdom Park. Space is limited, so form your teams and get ready. Registration is now open.

New Recruitment Badge!

Starting today, any team already registered for MouseAdventure World Explorers that recruits a new team to register will receive a new, super rare, MouseAdventure World Explorer's Recruitment Badge for each member of their team. Each member of the new recruited team will also receive the patch!

Simply email mouseadventure@mouseplanet.com once both teams are registered with both the Existing team name and the recruited team name and the badge will be added to your registration packet at check-in.

The Coast-to-Coast Challenge

Every team that plays in MouseAdventure World Explorers IV in Florida, and either of the 2012 Disneyland MouseAdventures will receive a special recognition of their dedication.

And, for the true competitors, there will be a special prize awarded to the team with the highest combined score for the Spring 2012 MouseAdventure Card Games event at Disneyland and MouseAdventure World Explorers IV in Florida. This prize will be awarded at the resort results meet in Florida.

To participate in this challenge, teams must have a score from the Spring 2012 MouseAdventure Card Games event at Disneyland (Basic or Advanced division) and play the Fall 2012 event in Walt Disney World. The majority of players from the team must participate in both events.

Last edited by AVP; 07-30-2012 at 09:14 PM.

2. # ADS

Saw the post on FB. Wow! This is much earlier than we thought. But the Naboombu All-Stars will be ready to play!! Thanks, AVP!

"The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Once registration opens, we'll have a "Hit the Road" roll call thread set up so you can see who else is playing.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Headless Chicken

Woohoo!!!

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

We JUST booked a week in Florida to go to WDW... Sept 29-Oct 7th...

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickosuave1987 View Post
    Sorry! I got the contract confirmation at 11:38 a.m. this morning - this was the earliest we could announce!

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But you're going to WDW for a week, during the F&W Fest!!! It's sad to miss MA - but at least it's for a good reason!!!

Hmmmm, How ever did you come up with this theme? I'm envisioning lots of HUGE maps that one of the quests is to refold them correctly.
    (I bet half of the players have never had to refold a map before so it would fit back in the glove box!)
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    But you're going to WDW for a week, during the F&W Fest!!! It's sad to miss MA - but at least it's for a good reason!!!

Hmmmm, How ever did you come up with this theme? I'm envisioning lots of HUGE maps that one of the quests is to refold them correctly.
    (I bet half of the players have never had to refold a map before so it would fit back in the glove box!)
    That is very true... But we may be able to shift the dates so we leave Monday morning...

I was taught how to read, unfold, and refold maps by my dad when I was younger. He said he wouldn't let me drive a car until I knew how...
    MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

Blog Entries
    That is very true... But we may be able to shift the dates so we leave Monday morning...
    Or you could shift them a little more than a month and do a Coast-to-Coast MA!!!
    Cathy

I'm hoping to get my team ready - I've never done a Mouse Adventure and have wanted to do one. YAY!

Blog Entries

Nice - I already have 10/1 off, so I don't have to ask for a vacation day!

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

This will be the 3rd MA in a row where we'll be away from home on registration day! Our timing is impeccable!
    We're facing a real dilemma this time because DS 10 is begging to play, but we're not sure he's ready. He's my recon buddy and will be broken-hearted if we don't let him participate. I'm willing to let him try, but my husband is staunchly against it. What to do, what to do...

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Blog Entries

If your son does participate, you will have a very different event (but I think you know that, hence your DH not wanting to change the team that way). Maybe let him participate next time there's a 'Day in the Park' event, after you've done the competitive event?

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Maybe let him participate next time there's a 'Day in the Park' event, after you've done the competitive event?
    Are we even allowed to do that (both the competitive event and Day in the Park)? I guess I just always assumed that you could only do one or the other. Your idea is something to consider. Right now we're thinking that's we'll run him through our unused quests from Card Games (got lots of those ) and see how he does. There's no comparison to the real thing, though.

We've actually done MA with kids before. Our middle child competed when the event fell on her 10th birthday, and again when she was 12. It's definitely an adjustment to play with kids.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Blog Entries

I know the Krocks did the Day at the Park with their boys, after staffing and grading the competitive event.
    But I like the idea of going through card games quests with him!

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    Are we even allowed to do that (both the competitive event and Day in the Park)? I guess I just always assumed that you could only do one or the other.
    We've had people do this before.

Remember the Day at the Park is NOT competitive in any way so it's not like you're 'cheating'. I do remember a mom doing that - and forgive me but I can't remember who now - but she played with her competitive team and then came back with her kids to help them learn the game at Day at the Park.

When we did it with our kids, we'd staffed the event. We were there to mostly advise the kids and babysit them. We tried to make them do the work. The main advantage we had was that I knew the best strategy for setting up the game - We picked out what quest to start with and the order to do them.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Member - Lost Falls Expedition TheMur's Avatar

Any hint about what the game end time will be? We have a team member who has to be in NYC for work Monday morning and need to schedule a red eye flight accordingly.

Thanks!

The Mur -

May 2013 - Let the Music Begin!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMur View Post
    Any hint about what the game end time will be? We have a team member who has to be in NYC for work Monday morning and need to schedule a red eye flight accordingly.

Thanks!
    End of game play, or end of awards? If the former, no idea. If the latter, the usual 7pm.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

So if awards are done at 7:00 pm sufficient to reasonably estimate that the game will have a final conclusion time of 5:00 pm or so (possibly earlier) and we can reasonably book a 9:30 pm flight out of Long Beach?

The Mur -

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMur View Post
    So if awards are done at 7:00 pm sufficient to reasonably estimate that the game will have a final conclusion time of 5:00 pm or so (possibly earlier) and we can reasonably book a 9:30 pm flight out of Long Beach?
    That should work, but do not hold me responsible if something changes.

Of course not.....read everything; assume nothing!

The Mur -

Has an email gone out with the details for registration? Still opening tomorrow? Thanks!

Mom's on a Mouse Mission - Spring 2010
    Trader Sam's Head Sales Team - Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015
    MAGCD - Spring 2012

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cintheworld View Post
    Has an email gone out with the details for registration? Still opening tomorrow? Thanks!
    An e-mail will go out shortly, and registration is still opening tomorrow. This weekend's server issues caused some delays (both the Newsletter and registration system live on the server that crashed), but we're getting caught up and will be ready for you tomorrow!

AVP

Help!! I'm trying to register, and when I enter my credit card info and everything, I get this:

Error
    This transaction cannot be accepted.

I've tried three times -- same thing!!

me too! I"m panicking here!