Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Princess Half Marathon

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be arriving Thursday evening and will be flying out Sunday afternoon.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Going to be on our first visit to WDW, arriving February 13th and flying out Monday evening after the half. We borrowed a bit from Mouse Planet advice and broke up our vacation into two sections - the first at Pop Century, the second half at Ft. Wilderness Cabins. (Our visit's long as this is also our first real vacation as well.) And it'll be our second half after the surprise bonus of the Black Friday entry into the Tink. So we'll be wearing coast to coast medals on the plane ride home, so long as we stay well away from our nemesis Balloon Boy. So very glad we were at the very start of Corral E for the Tink, and we've upped our training schedule as while it made the Tink for us to get the 10 minutes at Mile 10, we don't want to be that close again.

I really wish the waivers would be posted.

Hey there Princesses, Princes and team supporters! We have decided on a meet time and place. We will be meeting on Saturday, February 23 at 6 p.m. in the outside seating area of Pollo Campero in Downtown Disney. That way people can get food and meet with us, or grab something elsewhere in DTD as a pre-race meal. We would love to see anyone who will be at WDW that weekend, and we will also have details for the Team MousePlanet cheer station for race day. Hope to see you all there!

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I'll be there!

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Still no waivers.

Who else will be at the meetup? Pammer? Mommy2NicknMax? RunningFool? All are welcome!

My wife and I will be at the meetup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Still no waivers.

Who else will be at the meetup? Pammer? Mommy2NicknMax? RunningFool? All are welcome!
    I'll be there! Will be fun to finally meet everyone.

Site says the waivers won't be up until two weeks prior to the event.
    RunningFool

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Still no waivers.

I would love to meet you all! I plan to be at Epcot after the 5K so I will try to make it over to DTD for the meet!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Hooray! Glad to hear more will be joining. Spread the word!

Please take note: the Princess Half weekend Expo will be at the Coronado Springs Resort, not at Wide World of Sports.

Schedule:
    Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
    9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013
    9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Blog Entries
    Please take note: the Princess Half weekend Expo will be at the Coronado Springs Resort, not at Wide World of Sports.

Schedule:
    9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013
    9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, 2013
    That's definately new and rather odd. I wonder what is going on at Wide World of Sports?
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Gotta be something to do with the Altanta Braves spring training camp opening that weekend at Wide World of Sports. Yah think?

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Ok. One last odd interesting piece on the expo. Under Runner Info / Event Communications on the runDisney Princess site is a copy of the pre-arrival email that was sent on January 2, 2013. In it, they mention Coronado Springs as the new location for the expo under the Stay Close to all the Action section. It is also a ChEAR Squad email, not a runner email. What is odd is my January 2, 2013 email from runDisney (yeah, I'm a packrat) doesn't have a Stay Close to the Action section and instead has Training Tips. No mention of the change in expo location or of the expo in general. I understand the need for different emails for difference audiences but that's kind of a big change that should have gone out to everyone.

Cue the theme from the Twlight Zone...

RunningFool

It's definitely a change that they haven't advertised. They also changed the wording on the waivers this week. It had read that they would be available approximately a month before, and since we passed that date, the wording changed to 2 weeks.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's definitely a change that they haven't advertised. They also changed the wording on the waivers this week. It had read that they would be available approximately a month before, and since we passed that date, the wording changed to 2 weeks.
    When I first read your statment about waivers, I thought you were saying that the wording of the waivers had changed. And I was wondering who read those waivers THAT closely that they remembered the last one enough to know there was a difference in the wording!

My guess, they didn't realize HOW MUCH work it would be to do two weekends in a row with major events and are a little behind on Princess - and they got tired of answering emails from people about 'where are the waivers'!
    Cathy

Even if they are behind, that's no excuse to be so shifty with the changes that have been made. Just post something up on the blog about needing to change the Expo venue and postpone waivers and be done with it. People can complain all they want, but at least we will be informed and not having to hunt through text for changes in unexpected places.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

100% agree with you, Steph.

Cathy

Another change to the expo schedule was just tweeted by @runDisney. It will be open a half hour earlier and later than the previous schedule:

Schedule:
    8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013
    8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Blog Entries
    Even if they are behind, that's no excuse to be so shifty with the changes that have been made. Just post something up on the blog about needing to change the Expo venue and postpone waivers and be done with it. People can complain all they want, but at least we will be informed and not having to hunt through text for changes in unexpected places.
    They are still so behind on the blog that they list space left in the half marathon (96% capacity) - it hasn't been updated since January 23rd! They also make it sound like everything sold out in 24 hours and seemed to forget to mention that the sell-out was helped with all the pre-sales they were running at the expos and for APs / Disney Visa card holders.
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

I'm 3885.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    I'm 3885.
    I'm 12705. Which means I'll have to go to Runner Relations and get a corral reassignment again. At least this time my shirt size is OK. Yay.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Thanks Lani!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I'm 12705. Which means I'll have to go to Runner Relations and get a corral reassignment again. At least this time my shirt size is OK. Yay.
    It's my first time with a women's size shirt, so I hope the size I picked is right.