Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: NWM 10k (Virtual)

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NWM 10k (Virtual)

Greetings!

If you have a Nike+ account and are looking for something fun to do on either March 9th or March 10th, you can sign up at the link below for the NWM 10k. Just get out and run a 10k (or longer) anywhere in the world and you will receive a NWM 10k finishers t-shirt from Nike.

Registration is $40 AND Nike will give $10 for each registration to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society which means you get to run AND can support a good cause. What a good excuse to go out and run!

http://www.nike.com/nwm/10k/

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

No medal but a finisher's shirt. That's nice.

I have a Nike+ account from when I had my FuelBand. Which I loved, until it broke. Maybe it's worth giving them another look-see; I'm still looking for an accountability device since my Smart Health watch (which I LOVED) stopped displaying all the numbers on the watch face.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

Got my Nike+ Women's 10k tech shirt in the mail. All set to run this weekend.

RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Got my Nike+ Women's 10k tech shirt in the mail. All set to run this weekend.
    Oh it was a WOMEN's tech shirt? Nice! Maybe I'll consider it. Of course it would then mean running... still nursing my achilles and just doing elliptical (but pushing it hard--whew!).
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Oh it was a WOMEN's tech shirt? Nice! Maybe I'll consider it. Of course it would then mean running... still nursing my achilles and just doing elliptical (but pushing it hard--whew!).
    Yup, it is a white, long-sleeved women's tech shirt with a Nike+ Women's 10K logo on the front and the back/side. Pretty nice actually. And since I'm not running in a specific location, it has room for me to write in where I ran.

Bummer about the achilles but glad you are still getting in a good workout! Sometimes it's not just the physical but also the mental part of running that needs to be cared for. The fact you are still active is wonderful.
    RunningFool

I'm in for this as part of my registration for the NWM Half in DC. I'm running 10 tomorrow though, so it will be a 10K+.

Blog Entries

And how did your 10k+ go?

RunningFool

We were supposed to run on a bike path, but there was still too much snow. We ended up running along roads for 10 miles and there were hills. It was not fun.

Blog Entries

Oh ouch! You are a dedicated runner to take that one on.

RunningFool