Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Apr. 15]

RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Apr. 15]

Now you can track how full the runDisney races are in one thread! We'll do our best to keep it up to date. If you notice any changes that aren't reflected in the first post, please let us know.

May 4: Expedition Everest Challenge (5K trek with obstacles) - Sold Out
    Everest Challenge Event Link

August 31: Family Fun Run 5K -- Sold Out
    August 31: Disneyland 10K -- Sold Out
    August 31 & Sep. 1: Dumbo Double Dare (10K & half marathon) -- Sold Out
    September 1: Disneyland Half Marathon -- Sold Out
    Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Link

October 5: Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
    October 5: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler -- 72% (Registration prices increase May 22)
    Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend Link
    Register at active.com - prices increase May 22

November 9: Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
    November 9: Wine & Dine Half Marathon -- 71%
    Wine & Dine Weekend Link - prices increase June 19

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna
    January 9: Family Fun Run 5K -- Sold Out
    January 10: 10K -- Sold Out
    January 11: Half Marathon -- 61%
    January 12: Marathon -- 51%
    January 11-12: Goofy Challenge (Half and full) -- 55%
    January 9-12: Dopey Challenge (5K, 10K, half and full) -- Sold Out
    WDW Marathon Weekend Event Page - prices increase June 19

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend
    January 17-19, 2014
    Disneyland Resort
    Tinker Bell Half Marathon, Never Land Family Fun Run 5K, runDisney Kids Races

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
    February 21-23, 2014
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Disney's Princess Half Marathon, Disney Royal Family 5K, runDisney Kids Races, Pasta in the Park Party, Race Retreat, Breakfast

Last edited by stan4d_steph; 04-15-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Updated percentages

2. # ADS

Read up on some of the race registration statistics (helpfully compiled by RunningFool!) here.

Increases for Wine & Dine, WDW marathon weekend events and Tinker Bell. Tink is shooting up (almost 10% in just a week), so don't wait if you want to do it!

Tink took another jump in just a few days. It's now at 85%. Looks like it may sell out before the price increase on July 18.

Tink is going fast! It's at 92% now. All the WDW marathon weekend races went up, and Wine & Dine got a little bump too. Princess opens tomorrow!

Last call for Tinker Bell half! It's now at 97%, so will likely close before the day is through.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Last call for Tinker Bell half! It's now at 97%, so will likely close before the day is through.
    It now says 99% but if you try to register it says its closed.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    It now says 99% but if you try to register it says its closed.
    Thanks, Shannon! I'll update the list.

Wine & Dine is at 90% now. Come a week early and do MouseAdventure as a warm up!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wine & Dine is at 90% now. Come a week early and do MouseAdventure as a warm up!
    That's what my sister and I are doing!!
    Do you think MouseAdventure will count as my long walk for the week????
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    That's what my sister and I are doing!!
    Do you think MouseAdventure will count as my long walk for the week????
    Yes!! ;-)

Hey question for ya Cathy; do you think they will announce the Wine and Dine date for 2013 soon or not until the 2012 one takes place?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    do you think they will announce the Wine and Dine date for 2013 soon or not until the 2012 one takes place?
    They don't normally announce until after this year's race. Unless they change it up next year though, you can tentatively plan for Veteran's Day weekend again.

Wine & Dine half registration is now full.

The Blue Bayou Lagoon ChurroGirl's Avatar

I checked on the RunDisney site tonight and the 5K Never Land Family Fun 5K is at 66%!

"That's the Evil Stepmother...She's 6 kinds of nasty"- Rowlf the Dog
    "You cannot make authentic guacamole out of lima beans and Ritz crackers" -Peggy Hill

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I posted in the Tinker Bell thread, but thought I'd put it here as well. I'll be publicizing our team registration link this afternoon. I think we'll have about 10 spots left at that time but I'm sure they'll fill quickly since runDisney will be publicizing the link as well. Just wanted to give a heads up.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Spaces are still available via registration at active.com for the Disneyland half marathon even though the website still lists it as sold out.

The Walt Disney World marathon has sold out, likely due to everyone seeing the fabulous medal at the Disneyland Half Expo! The half and Goofy challenge aren't far behind; both are in the mid 90s now. The Never Land Family 5K during Tinker Bell Half weekend is also near capacity and may sell out any day now.

WDW Half marathon has reached capacity, and Goofy is at 99%. I imagine Goofy will close today or tomorrow.

Force is strong in this one

Will there be any extra spots, like charity spots for the WDW long races?

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Sept. 11]

There often is, Tim. There are also sometimes travel arrangers that have spots. There might be info on the Disney site.

Cathy

WDW Half marathon has reached capacity, and Goofy is at 99%. I imagine Goofy will close today or tomorrow.
    thanks for the bump steph! I was very fortunate to see this and got the kids in for Tinkerbell just under the wire.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by timl33 View Post
    Will there be any extra spots, like charity spots for the WDW long races?
    Yes, Tim, there are travel group and charity spots for the WDW races. The Runner's World Challenge is one option; the cost is high due to the included travel and training support. For a list of travel operators and charity groups, go to the race page, then select the Registration tab.

Force is strong in this one
    Yes, Tim, there are travel group and charity spots for the WDW races. The Runner's World Challenge is one option; the cost is high due to the included travel and training support. For a list of travel operators and charity groups, go to the race page, then select the Registration tab.
    Thanks. I actually registered in time, but I have a friend who is looking to do the race.
    In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

The Trick or Treat 5K at WDW is close to selling out, and Princess Half has creeped up a bit this week.

If you have some race photos you haven't purchased yet, today is the last day for 50% off Brightroom photos using the code ENDOFSUMMER50.