Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Apr. 15]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Apr. 15]

Now you can track how full the runDisney races are in one thread! We'll do our best to keep it up to date. If you notice any changes that aren't reflected in the first post, please let us know.

May 4: Expedition Everest Challenge (5K trek with obstacles) - Sold Out
    Everest Challenge Event Link

August 31: Family Fun Run 5K -- Sold Out
    August 31: Disneyland 10K -- Sold Out
    August 31 & Sep. 1: Dumbo Double Dare (10K & half marathon) -- Sold Out
    September 1: Disneyland Half Marathon -- Sold Out
    Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Link

October 5: Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
    October 5: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler -- 72% (Registration prices increase May 22)
    Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend Link
    Register at active.com - prices increase May 22

November 9: Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
    November 9: Wine & Dine Half Marathon -- 71%
    Wine & Dine Weekend Link - prices increase June 19

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna
    January 9: Family Fun Run 5K -- Sold Out
    January 10: 10K -- Sold Out
    January 11: Half Marathon -- 61%
    January 12: Marathon -- 51%
    January 11-12: Goofy Challenge (Half and full) -- 55%
    January 9-12: Dopey Challenge (5K, 10K, half and full) -- Sold Out
    WDW Marathon Weekend Event Page - prices increase June 19

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend
    January 17-19, 2014
    Disneyland Resort
    Tinker Bell Half Marathon, Never Land Family Fun Run 5K, runDisney Kids Races

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
    February 21-23, 2014
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Disney's Princess Half Marathon, Disney Royal Family 5K, runDisney Kids Races, Pasta in the Park Party, Race Retreat, Breakfast

Last edited by stan4d_steph; 04-15-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Updated percentages

Read up on some of the race registration statistics (helpfully compiled by RunningFool!) here.

Increases for Wine & Dine, WDW marathon weekend events and Tinker Bell. Tink is shooting up (almost 10% in just a week), so don't wait if you want to do it!

Tink took another jump in just a few days. It's now at 85%. Looks like it may sell out before the price increase on July 18.

Tink is going fast! It's at 92% now. All the WDW marathon weekend races went up, and Wine & Dine got a little bump too. Princess opens tomorrow!

Last call for Tinker Bell half! It's now at 97%, so will likely close before the day is through.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Sept. 11]

There often is, Tim. There are also sometimes travel arrangers that have spots. There might be info on the Disney site.

Cathy

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The 2013 Princess Half Marathon took a BIG registration jump. As of October 8th, it's shot up to 72% capacity!

The 2012 Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k (part of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend) also took a nice bounce and is up to 73% capacity.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Princess half marathon is at 85%. If you're in the WDW area this weekend, the Jingle Jungle 5K still has openings, but will probably close soon.

Princess got a bump from registrations prior to the price increase and moved up to 95%. Don't wait to register if you're planning to do this!

Princess is now sold out. Tinker Bell has limited slots today.

Registration for the Expedition Everest Challenge opened today. There is a new family edition that allows kids age 4 and over to run and complete a small obstacle course at ESPN Wide World of Sports in addition to the normal 5K with obstacles and scavenger hunt from previous years.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    November 10: Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
    November 10: Wine & Dine Half Marathon -- Registration opens March 12
    I believe those are 2012 dates. The runDisney site hasn't been updated yet. The 2013 are listed at the main Disney.go.com site (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...4b6692ef61025c).
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Now you can track how full the runDisney races are in one thread! We'll do our best to keep it up to date. If you notice any changes that aren't reflected in the first post, please let us know.

May 4: Expedition Everest Challenge (5K trek with obstacles) - Sold Out (Price increases March 20)
    Everest Challenge Event Link

August 31: Family Fun Run 5K -- Sold Out
    August 31: Disneyland 10K -- Sold Out
    August 31 & Sep. 1: Dumbo Double Dare (10K & half marathon) -- Sold Out
    September 1: Disneyland Half Marathon -- Sold Out
    Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Link

October 5: Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
    October 5: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler -- Registration prices increase March 27
    Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend Link
    Register at active.com

November 9: Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
    November 9: Wine & Dine Half Marathon -- Registration opens March 12
    Official dates for 2014 are now online so you can add them to your list:

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna
    January 9-12, 2014
    Walt Disney World Marathon, Half Marathon, Disney Family Fun Run 5K, runDisney Kids Races, Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge, Pasta in the Park Party

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend
    January 17-19, 2014
    Disneyland Resort
    Tinker Bell Half Marathon, Never Land Family Fun Run 5K, runDisney Kids Races

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
    February 21-23, 2014
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Disney's Princess Half Marathon, Disney Royal Family 5K, runDisney Kids Races, Pasta in the Park Party, Race Retreat, Breakfast
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

And ToT just hit 52% capacity. Made it about 10 days faster than last year so it's doing ok.

RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

According to the runDisney email announcement about Wine and Dine, registration for the WDW Marathon weekend begins April 9. You might want to add that on the listing.

Blog Entries

2014 Princess registration opens June 11th. And 2014 Tinker Bell registration opens July 9th. No new pricing available yet (old pricing still on the sites) but given the jumps in the 2013 events, I can't wait to see the damage for 2014!

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Just fyi - Wine & Dine hit 53% capacity this morning and Tower of Terror jumped to 55%.

RunningFool

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    2014 Princess registration opens June 11th. And 2014 Tinker Bell registration opens July 9th. No new pricing available yet (old pricing still on the sites) but given the jumps in the 2013 events, I can't wait to see the damage for 2014!
    I have Tink pricing through charity groups (which includes regular registration and charity registration). The difference listed isn't much.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Mar. 26]

Ok, then - should I be 'safe' in waiting to decide about Mickey until August?

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Ok, then - should I be 'safe' in waiting to decide about Mickey until August?
    You'll have to watch the updates here or on runDisney to see how it is tracking. All bets are off this year with the Dopey Challenge getting so much interest. It took the 2012 event over 9 months to sell out. The 2013 anniversary event sold out in just under 5 months so it's really hard to say how fast or slow it will go. We'll be checking capacity on a daily basis and posting updates so make sure you pop in here on a regular basis. You might also consider following Lani and Stephanie on Twitter if you don't already do so as they generally post updates if things start getting crazy.
    RunningFool

I would expect it to be somewhere in be less popular than the 2012 event since it's not an anniversary year. Some marathons are seeing falling numbers as half marathon numbers increase, and the Dopey will siphon off some people also.

Blog Entries
    I would expect it to be somewhere in be less popular than the 2012 event since it's not an anniversary year. Some marathons are seeing falling numbers as half marathon numbers increase, and the Dopey will siphon off some people also.
    Either way it will be fun to watch. The day the Dumbo and Disneyland Half Marathon opened was totally crazy with updates every hour. I don't expect the same fun for the Dopey and WDW events but ya never know!
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Time for a capacity update! Tower of Terror just jumped 3% points to 70% capacity. Wine & Dine Half also jumped 3% and is now sitting at 68% capacity. We'll see how fast they continue to sell out after 2014 WDW Marathon weekend reg opens on Tuesday.

RunningFool

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RunDisney Race Capacity Updates [Updated Apr. 10]

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    Any clue as to how much time I have to register for the 5k in November? (Mickeys Jingle Jungle 5K) I didnt see any percentages on the Run Disney sight yet.
    That means it is less than 50%
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney