Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: My Disney Top 5-Favorite Pixar Films

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: My Disney Top 5-Favorite Pixar Films

My Disney Top 5-Favorite Pixar Films by Chris Barry

Chris Barry returns with another Disney Top 5 list.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The "Carl & Ellie" montage is one of the few things saving me from completely disliking Up! Its the only Pixar film where I could not put myself in the world shown and believe it. I had no problem believing in talking toys, talking cars, superheroes, intelligent rats and bugs, you get the idea. But I could not believe in dogs crewing a zeppelin. I had no problem with the talking aspect via electronics but then they totally lost me when the dogs came out flying biplanes. I also found the bird annoying. Up! is at the bottom of my list of Pixar films.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

How did Bug's Life not make the list. That movie was action-packed and hilarious. Not to mention, it has the best score of all the films. Incredibles, on the other hand, is always at the bottom for me. It was always too predictable and tread into comic bood territory where it didn't belong. But that's just me.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Everybody and his uncle will be listing their own top 5 Pixar movies, and I don't want to be left out.

Here's my list:

1. Cars
    2. Toy Story 3
    3. The Incredibles
    4. Monsters, Inc.
    5. Finding Nemo

The ending to Toy Story 3 made my top ten best scenes in movie history. The Claw!!! The Claw!! For 15 years I watched over and over that mantra, " The Claw, The Claw" We were told how Toy Story 3 was going to end that very first night we entered rocket pizza and we sat spell bound!!! I would have loved to been in Pixar studios when some 1st year intern said, " Don't they have claws in scrap yards?"Ffor reference on my view of movies, here are two off the top of my head scenes that are my top 10, When Kevin Costner in DWW lights the fire to burn the garbage, we see the smoke with the pawnee, but the pawnee see a different fire. When Gump paints the name of the shrimp boat, everyone around me ( saw it 12 times in the theatre) says Bubba, but it was jenny he painted.

The key to a good movie is first actually having a good story to tell. Even in animation.

I don't have a top to bottom list, but I think Wall-E and Finding Nemo would definitely make the Top 5 of mine. Cars and Bug's Life wouldn't and Cars2 would be at the bottom of the list. While Bug's Life was visually nice and I'd agree had one of the better soundtracks, the characters just weren't resounding- but then, aside from the Toy Storys that I saw when I was a teenager (ok, 18) it's the only one I saw without kids of my own (I think having them makes it more fun in general).

Teddi ~ Wife to Rob. Mom to Bert 14, Chloe & Kaylie 9
    1st trip to WDW 2013: Jan 28-Feb 6 Cabins@ Fort Wilderness & Villas @ AKL Kidani
    2013 May 11 - 18, Boardwalk Inn CL, Great-Grandma's 1st trip
    DLR 2013: Feb 20-22: DLH, April 2-4: offsite June: 18-22, Paradise Pier
    2014: DLR May 24 - 27, Paradise Pier

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    How did Bug's Life not make the list. That movie was action-packed and hilarious. Not to mention, it has the best score of all the films. Incredibles, on the other hand, is always at the bottom for me. It was always too predictable and tread into comic bood territory where it didn't belong. But that's just me.
    Hey Gator,

It was tough to leave off most of the movies that are left off...trust me.

I kind of think The Incredibles was more of an homage to comic book territory and that was something that I really liked about it.

Thanks for posting your thoughts,

Chris

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddi View Post
    The key to a good movie is first actually having a good story to tell. Even in animation.

I don't have a top to bottom list, but I think Wall-E and Finding Nemo would definitely make the Top 5 of mine. Cars and Bug's Life wouldn't and Cars2 would be at the bottom of the list. While Bug's Life was visually nice and I'd agree had one of the better soundtracks, the characters just weren't resounding- but then, aside from the Toy Storys that I saw when I was a teenager (ok, 18) it's the only one I saw without kids of my own (I think having them makes it more fun in general).
    Hey Teddi,

Always start with a good story. The first Toy Story is the only Pixar film I saw without kids and I loved it as much then as when I eventually watched it with my kids.

Chris

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutj View Post
    Everybody and his uncle will be listing their own top 5 Pixar movies, and I don't want to be left out.

Here's my list:

1. Cars
    2. Toy Story 3
    3. The Incredibles
    4. Monsters, Inc.
    5. Finding Nemo
    Hey Peanut,

Very similar lists. Very hard for me to leave Nemo off the list. Obviously, you're a big Cars fan to place it at number 1. What is it about Cars that put it in your top slot?

Chris

Chris